Does being a good looking guy count for anything?

JJ,

I think the vast majority of people agree here that physically attractive people will be chosen over non-physically attractive people by prositutes, GTGs, job interviewers, you, me and everyone else when choosing another person for anything in life given that the person meets other criteria equally. This has been shown in job interviews and many other studies.

The expression that beauty is in the eye of the beholder is only partially true. We all know and recognize good looking people when we see them. Doesn't mean that person is your type but most people will this person is better looking than that person. There is a lot of universalism in beauty or what is good looking as well. Guys know the better looking women in any situation and the girls do too. So beauty is universal in relative terms and in psych/socio terms.

If i remember right, you work-out regularly. Are you going to say your work out only for your health? yeah right. You are working out because you feel better, healthier for you and you look better in comparitive terms of not working out. You are selling/improving yourself for a mate, social companionship, make friends, business, self-esteem, whatever, etc,.

The bottom line is you are working out because you want other people to find you attractive whether that is socially, romantically or trying to close a business deal/job promotion.

Whether right or wrong, people are influenced significantly when making decisions (consciously and unconsciously) by good looks/physical attractiveness. And yes, there are many studies out there that supports this argument. I wonder why they use models, good-looking people to sell services, products or anything else in the capitalistic world.

Whether you want to believe it or not, you are no different than anybody else and you also are influenced in some degree by looks/attractiveness when making purchasing or any other people/product decision in life......

Are you going to tell us that you select people only on personality, qualifications, character, etc for whatever and you have the trained ability to discount looks in all decisions.....

Cardinalblue

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I think the vast majority of people agree here that physically attractive people will be chosen over non-physically attractive people by prositutes, GTGs, job interviewers, you, me and everyone else when choosing another person for anything in life given that the person meets other criteria equally. This has been shown in job interviews and many other studies.

Can't disagree with you. However, there are things before and after that, two different worlds.

Consider tis scene:

In two different parts of the city, two people are dressing up for the night.

She: in the slums of Klongtoey, with her children, husband, bf or just 2-3 co-workers....

He: In the Sheraton Grande. He wants to get a stunner tonite, maybe one that was not available yesterday.

She: I hope I come back with 3K bahts and some paid holidays in Phuket.

She does not think "Tonite, I'll get a beautiful farang to fuck me".

He: he does.

When the night is over, who says what? Will she be bragging about glorious farang she had a ST with?

A farang would brag about great sex and great woman he had. Come to this or other boards or talk about it in a pub back home, or just keep quiet.

Whatever the farang might have been like, that's not their priority.

They go to "work" and they come back from "work".

But your sheraton man was decent looking and paying a price acceptable to her. This ugly overweight slob staying at the grace hotel offering the same cash value was just rejected by her because your sheraton man said he can match that price and says to her that the choice is up to you?

Who does she choose?

Cardinalblue

>But your sheraton man was decent looking and paying a price acceptable to her. This ugly overweight slob staying at the grace hotel offering the same cash value was just rejected by her because your sheraton man said he can match that price and says to her that the choice is up to you?

Who does she choose?

You are right, we all know who'll she choose. (Hotels do not play any role here. Just used it to stress the isolation of the worlds, at the same time, same place).

The point is - when leaving her room, she is not planning her "work" as sanuk the way we do during our holidays.

For her, whatever happens, just happens. All of a sudden, 3 US marines bfined her and 2 other girls...that was the work for the night.

Today good looking, tomorrow not good looking...a threadmill, I suppose.

Says cardinalblue:

JJ,

I think the vast majority of people agree here that physically attractive people will be chosen over non-physically attractive people by prositutes, GTGs, job interviewers, you, me and everyone else when choosing another person for anything in life given that the person meets other criteria equally. This has been shown in job interviews and many other studies.

The expression that beauty is in the eye of the beholder is only partially true. We all know and recognize good looking people when we see them. Doesn't mean that person is your type but most people will this person is better looking than that person. There is a lot of universalism in beauty or what is good looking as well. Guys know the better looking women in any situation and the girls do too. So beauty is universal in relative terms and in psych/socio terms.

What you write is nice and all in a general sort of way. Unfortunately it fails to address that a handsome guy or a young guy is going to have an easier time with a prostitute. You see, you are only addressing the handsome side of the equation and I really have no problem with that, as I mentioned in a previous post I can concede that point as long as it is handsome defined by the individual doing the choosing. You do not address the young part and many here seem to equate beauty =youth (that is what American style marketing does to you) Sorry, but it doesn't and I really don't think the youth thing makes it "easier" for a punter "all things being equal of course". Prostitutes don't want youth they want paying ustomers who finish the deed as soon as possible.

There is a lot of universalism in beauty or what is good looking as well. Guys know the better looking women in any situation and the girls do too. So beauty is universal in relative terms and in.

Funny I always thought that beauty was a learned and taught through culture and society. I never heard that there was universal beauty standard. There were many studies done with white barbie and baby dolls with ethnic children who were not whate. The children were given a choice to play with the white doll or the doll that looked like them. The children universally chose the white doll because they thought the doll was more beautiful than the ones that resembled them in color and features. The studies concluded that the children where taught that white was more beautiful by their society. I have a friend from Jamaica who visited me in the States we went out to a "fashionable nightspot" frequented by models and wannabees and he claimed every girl was ugly. I asked him why and he said none of the women had meat on their bones and they looked like stickfigures. I then asked him if he thought if my at the time runway model ex-girlfriend was attractive to him, He said no beacuse she was too skinny and too white. I asked was she at least beuatiful and he said not to him. Jamaican women with the big bouncy butts is what he likes he tells me.

I don't buy into the universal beauty theory.

If remember right, you work-out regularly. Are you going to say your work out only for your health? yeah right. You are working out because you feel better, healthier for you and you look better in comparitive terms of not working out. You are selling/improving yourself for a mate, social companionship, make friends, business, self-esteem, whatever, etc,.

The bottom line is you are working out because you want other people to find you attractive whether that is socially, romantically or trying to close a business deal/job promotion.

You are wrong in your assumption. I work out for health reasons. I am overweight and I live in Los Angeles and have a desk job. I started to work out when I realized I was having breathing problems and back pains from lack of exercise. Having come from NYC where one walks alot and go to LA where one drives alot, I picked up more weight than my body needed to carry. Prior to living in LA I never worked out.

Whether right or wrong, people are influenced significantly when making decisions (consciously and unconsciously) by good looks/physical attractiveness. And yes, there are many studies out there that supports this argument. I wonder why they use models, good-looking people to sell services, products or anything else in the capitalistic world.

Whether you want to believe it or not, you are no different than anybody else and you also are influenced in some degree by looks/attractiveness when making purchasing or any other people/product decision in life......

Man you are so wrong. I am confused here are you talking about good looking people influencing my decisions or product design? I buy products for utility and quality reasons not because some model actor or other pop culture person endorses them. I having one of my degrees in marketing learned all about how companies attempt to sell you lifestyle, image etc. Well it doesn't work on me. You should see the piece of crap car-which is the ultimate image symbol in America- I drive. Good product design should focus on function first and I buy products that are designed well not products that look great and suck performance wise.

Are you going to tell us that you select people only on personality, qualifications, character, etc for whatever and you have the trained ability to discount looks in all decisions.....

Yes, I do when it is concerns very important issues like work, personal relationships and such. I have seen too many guys hired in my business who were hired because they "had the prototypical look" but they performed like shit and couldn't generate revenue.

I do and have trained my self to look beyond physical features because discrimination sucks and I have in the past, in the present and also in the future am discrimnated against. My family always taught me that you don't judge a book by it's cover.

Now when it comes to frivolity such as whoring then I will go on looks.

ignoring that big old guy in the suit standing at the bar

-----------------------------

maybe we are guilty of comparing extremes. What about your average chubby (or not) plain average Joe, who would not stand a chance against "Brad Pitt" back home?

IMO, they are the best scorers. The girls seem, IME, to like these guys, unassuming, accessible, comfortable to hang around with, out for a good time, but still respectful.

I've known a few girls going with hunks. it usually ends up with well-founded jealousy crisis, and not a whole lot of dough in their pockets.

Hi CB,

I think everyone is arguing about something that really can't be argued.

I brought in two friends recently to manadarin. One a heavy set 48 year old american (nothing bad looking but ordinary looking) with a receding hairline; the other a 44 year nice-looking trim german guy with a boyish clean cut look to him.

I ask my BG friend there after seeing them but not speaking with them each will give you 2,000 LT. Which one do you want?

She immediately headed for the german guy....

case closed....girls will select better looking guys when everything else is equal.

PS. I did this test due to this thread. Neither the guys nor the girl knew what was up. I explained to the girl i was just testing something out and gave her 500B for her unknowing participation......

Very cool that you are field testing. ::

But.....I agree that 1 case does not equal a double blind placebo environment. Why did she go for the German guy? As I stated earlier, I believe that 'looks' are last on the list of criteria concerning selection. Well.....looks are important, but I think are more focused on ability to pay, and how much, as opposed to being hansum. They all size you up in an instant. Gotta remember this is what they do all day long...every day. They can't help get pretty good at it. And what do they have as a basis for their critique? Previous knowlege. Either through personal experience, or what they have heard. The longer they are in the business, the more they rely on personal experience.

Their selection process is not an exact science. Just as ours is not. We try our best to pick the prettiest girl, who will perform the best. None of us are 'spot on' 100% of the time. Our needs/wants differ greatly.......some want a L/T GFE, some of us want 4 girls a day, never having the same one.

Their desires/wants differ as well. Some want to be taken to Phuket for a 2 week holiday, and a possible husband, while another strives for 3 S/T's a day, refusing to go 'long time', refusing to get emotionaly involved (for now).

In both cases, I think being 'hansom/young' plays a small part. In the 'West', beauty is much more part of the equation, than in SE asia, IMO. Your ability to provide for a woman, is much more important to them, than physical attributes. Very telling of this, is to go to a Thai dating service website. Many, over the age of 22, will except as their acceptable companions age, up to 50 y/o. You won't see this on a western dating board. So...addressing the "young" part of the equation, I think is much less an issue with them, than their counterparts, in the West. As is also, a Brad Pitt look-alike.

The brass ring for them, is a rich man who will "take care me forever". Being hansum, and young, is secondary, and they know that it is not likely that the 'brass ring' will be found in the hansum/young catagory.

I think this the ultimate goal for the average Thai prostitute. You are sized up immediatly as someone who can fulfill this dream, or someone who is simply a means to an end, and as such, is only useful in being able to pay her rent for the month.

It's all really very simple. Tell a Thai prostitute you don't have money, and see if she still "loves you too mutt". In all likelyhood, she'll drop you like a hot rock. I don't care how hansum/young you are. They all place themselves in their occupation for a reason. While their initial circumstances may differ, they all have their unwavering eye on a singular goal. The brass ring.....that will make their life perfect. At least, in their eye's.

HT

Sorry.....but something else came to mind.

I've always wanted to ask this, but felt a little strange, in doing so.

I had a B/G email me a long time ago, saying that she was looking for someone to be her "Father, brother, best friend, etc.

I also saw 2 recent occations on internet dating sites, where girl said she was looking for someone to be her "father/brother" to her, as well as lover, etc.

I can't help but think this another insight into the mind of the Thai girl's mind-set. So do they equate their father in different ways than we might , in the "west"?

And in doing so, look upon all men in a different light than we might suspect? At least, in 'Western terms"?

I really don't know. I'm not talking about sexual affiliation. But I've come up against this enough times to be querious about it. Just another thing that tells me that Thai girls have a much different view on what is required for them, to be secure in their knowlege that they have found their 'brass ring".

HT

I can't argue against anything you said except to say when things are equal (same money, same persoanlity, same character, etc) the BG chooses the better looking guy. Age plays much less a role in it due to cultural reasons.

Well, there is one thing i will differ on. Beauty plays a much more important role here than in the west. People are chosen for everthing here based on their looks. Don't you ever take a look at the difference between thai air hostresses and western carriers? Are you going to tell me that these product models or actors or stage performers are selected for talent/ability? Nicolas Cage is not an actor because of his looks......

I get a kick out of these stage performers you see on tv or in shopping malls or city events. Their talent level is no greater probably worse than taking any random sample from our high schools and telling them to dance and try to sing. The ability findings (dancing and singing) would be no different.. I could find much greater talent among non-attractive thai females but will the decison-makers put them on stage? The pretty face, long-legged, beautiful hair girl faces no competition other than from those with the same physical features.....

Cardinalblue

Says HIGH THAIED:

I had a B/G email me a long time ago, saying that she was looking for someone to be her "Father, brother, best friend, etc.

I also saw 2 recent occations on internet dating sites, where girl said she was looking for someone to be her "father/brother" to her, as well as lover, etc.

I can't help but think this another insight into the mind of the Thai girl's mind-set. So do they equate their father in different ways than we might , in the "west"?

HT,

How about financial and future security ???

Cheers !

Archived