Does being a good looking guy count for anything?

Says jjsushi:

Well since we are strictly speaking of bar girls working in the farang scene then I will say being young and handsome doesn't mean squat. Don't you go and be fooled when those BG's tell you that they like "young handsome man". They like paying customers. All things being equal it is first come first served with the money. We are talking about prostitutes are we not?

Sure, but even prostitutes have preferences. And if they're going to get shagged every night they might want to head out with someone who they find attractive once in a while.

If one is young and presentable then one can walk into any go-go bar and take almost any girl (except for the Japanese-only chicks, though they can be worn down) with ease. Others complain that the girls are cold, won't talk to them, won't go with customers or whatnot- that is much less likely to happen than if one is old and unattractive to the girls. Hence it's *easier* for young and handsome guys.

Says jjsushi:

Need I also remind you that "handsome" is a very subjective view. "Handsome" to Chick A can be average to Chick B and ugly to Chick C. Think about it isn't it a tad silly that the original poster should care about it being easier for him to get a prostitute if he is handsome?

Well yeah the premise behind it is a bit silly. Really the only bargirls where it matters are the ones in high demand- where they can afford to be somewhat selective. And handsome in one country may not mean handsome here- the bodybuilder types don't seem to make it too far here.

This guy (if he is truly young and handsome) would have a much better time at non p4p bars.

Says jjsushi:

It has been my experience that women all over the world like men that a appeal to their tastes.

Yeah... but handsome guys appeal to more tastes than do old ugly fat guys. Can't find too many women with that as their ideal spec. :neener:

Cheers!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Maybe you missed the point. Being young and handsome doesn't add up to squat and does not count for anything if a woman does not value or is attracted a guy who is young and handsome. . "

I really don't see how you have a leg to stand on. Crash said all things being equal.

You're really saying that the young handsome guy with all the same attributes of the old ugly guy is going to lose out to the old ugly guy on average? If we're talking strictly of bar girls, yes money is a major (and often deciding) factor, but it has been stated all things being equal. Additionally, the young handsome guy will also gain the girl points with her peers as they would probably want to go with him as well.

Your logic just doesn't make sense for me.

<<burp>>

Says gummigut:

"Maybe you missed the point. Being young and handsome doesn't add up to squat and does not count for anything if a woman does not value or is attracted a guy who is young and handsome. . "

I really don't see how you have a leg to stand on. Crash said all things being equal.

You're really saying that the young handsome guy with all the same attributes of the old ugly guy is going to lose out to the old ugly guy on average? If we're talking strictly of bar girls, yes money is a major (and often deciding) factor, but it has been stated all things being equal. Additionally, the young handsome guy will also gain the girl points with her peers as they would probably want to go with him as well.

Your logic just doesn't make sense for me.

<<burp>>

:doah: et tu gummi?

My logic doesn't make sense to you because you are looking at it from a "every girl wants a young and handsome man view". Can you explain to me why every woman prefers a young and handsome guy ?

You are basically biased in your view. You seem to be arguing more from a learned behavior pattern that young+handsome=what women want. Did you ever stop to think that women, regardless of what the television and People magazine tell you, don't always select men along the traits of young and handsome, all things being equal?

Your view is very male oriented which is based more on what you value as physical attributes than anything else. Do you see many 40-50yr old women seducing 17yr old boys? How many women do you see divorcing their older husbands to be with men half their age?

There are plenty of older guys who are not ugly to many women and women would prefer them over a younger counterpart. A better comparison to the initial scenario would be young and good looking vs old and good looking or young and fat vs old and fat etc. I digress and back to the original scenario.

Now let's look at it what group of BG's are we talking about? The age ranges for most I come in contact with is 20-35 yrs old. Now give or take a few years and the apparent lies about ones age,that range as been pretty consistent over the years from my experience. I seriously doubt that you would find older more experienced BG's that would prefer a younger handsome man as a customer. All things being equal of course because they may not identify age wise or find the younger man more attractive.

I find that as a man I am not attracted to BG's that physically look as if they are 15-21yrs old. They look like children to me. I prefer the ones who look 25-30 and I seem to always gravitate to BG's in that age category. They look more like women to me as far as physical features are concerned. Now if I was to go along with the original logic presented by you then I should always be attracted to the youngest and prettiest looking prostitute all things being equal of course. The same holds true in farangland too.

BTW-for all of you Brad Pitt look alikes he really is not that young as many of you think, he will be or already is 40 years old this year.

Not replying to you JJ.

142 posts on this subject. :doah: I'm not taking a position but have a question that Crash was hinting at.

Why do some (many?) BGs refuse to go with certain guys? Not talking about the guy who just vomited in the hong nam, but a decently dressed guy who the girl knows almost nothing about and who is willing to pay a decent amount of baht??? Is it looks or something else?

Why do some (many?) BGs refuse to go with certain guys

------------------------------------------

Yep, it sure happens to the best of us, not just the worst!

My initial dislike of gogos started in patpong about 12 years ago when i asked for this girl on stage to sit down with me. She took a good look at me (12 years ago, i was looking better than now, of course, not by much though, but still ;)) and nayed with her head.

12 years on, I am still reeling from that traumatic experience :(, and actually, it is still confirmed every time I go to a Gogo, I spot a girl, starts smiling, and eventually she will sit down with... that fat bastard opposite to me, or the loud drunk japanese 2 seats down. saves me a lot of money, and i actually think they sense I am not willing to depart from my hard-earned cash too generously.

Well, all I can say is: Thank God for discos, Beach Rd and GTGs :: :: ::!

Yep, only a rare punter has never experienced this. Rejected by a BG! for a few minutes afterward, your life flashes in your mind, you feel dizzy, and you wonder if you could get laid in this whore house even if you produced a fistful of fifties ($US :o).

OK its not that bad, and hasn't happened much (but if i tried to bf the stunners in angel witch...). The last time for me, the girl sitting with me pointed my attention to the stage, two girls were looking at me and the very young and beautiful one with great tits suddenly shook her head no. I hadn't even looked at this girl before and she was rejecting me. :: ::

i actually think they sense I am not willing to depart from my hard-earned cash too generously.

So you think its strictly an off the cuff financial clout analysis by a true PhD in market segmentation.

i feel better now, i thought she might have been looking at the size of the bulge in my pants. ::

:grinyes:

>>>>Yep, only a rare punter has never experienced this. Rejected by a BG! for a few minutes afterward, your life flashes in your mind, you feel dizzy, and you wonder if you could get laid in this whore house even if you produced a fistful of fifties ($US ). <<<<

Lot's of stuff going on in a bar, you don't know about. Girl could be on her period, expecting/wishing her 6K baht Japanese customer from last night is due in any second, etc.....really should not take the occasional 'rejection' for face value. There are 'tons' of stuff going on behind the scene's.

>>>>Does being a good looking guy count for anything?<<<<

In the B/G world?.....I think very little. They are more concerned with your perceived wealth first, Jai dee attitude second, and looks third.

They are agreeing to fuck you, because of the money they perceive they can get out of you.

Young/hansom = "not so much money yet". And a premadona attitude that says "maybe he think he not have to pay much, because man think he too pretty".

Wealth = Much detirmined by attire, and how you carry yourself. A smelly drunk Brad Pitt in a soiled tee shirt, seated next to a 50y/o well dressed gentleman, just existing from a limo, tipping the dek serve 100 baht for seating him. Who do you think the B/G is going to be focused on? No brainer.

Attitude = Huge factor. Non-smiling, serious target (punter), or one who is out to have some fun, is very funny, and has warm-heart in his actions, and eyes? Gotta remember that it is scary for them to be alone sexually with a total stranger. Easily could turn out to be some freak. Very few who do not have their share of horror stories, although will be tough to get them to ever share them with you.

Of course, they would all like a Brad Pitt look-alike, who is rich, and jai dee. But they know better, and so establish priorities, in accordance with the above.

In saying this, I believe that an average prostitute will take a smaller evenings take, to be with someone she knows, and/or trusts, compared to making a few extra baht, and going with someone she is not sure about..... no matter how good-looking he may be. I think, in the end, looks play a very small part in the overall picture, concerning the thought process of a prostitute, in determining her requirements for her "ultimate 'customer". You can have the "look", but if there is no money, along with a jai dee attitude to back it up.....you're toast. You'll just be looked upon as another pretty face on the landscape, without substance.

Usual disclaimer applies...... The above is only my opinion and thoughts, no matter how distorted, or disturbed. ::

HT

The problem I have had with this entire thread and with people saying that "all things being equal" a prostitute would want a young handsome guy is that no one has yet defined what is handsome vs ugly, what is young vs old (at what age are you old?) and why a woman would prefer a young man over an older man.

No one has yet determined what age groups of prostitutes we are referring to because they are all not 20yrs old, the ages span 17-35. The naysayers have also yet to define what advantages youth has over old age when it comes to the prostitute scene. Do people forget that we are talking about prostitutes and that prostitutes have a "preferred customer type". Hence the ones that only go with old men , japanese men, white men, fat men, men who dress well, men who smile alot, men who buy them colas without them asking, men who they think come quick, men who have little dicks, etc.

The only recurring argument I keep hearing is that guys THINK or ASSUME that a prostitute would prefer a young handsome man over an old fat one because he is simply young and handsome "all things being equal". What in the hell does that stipulation mean? Does it mean that the young man and old man can equally bring the prostitute to orgasm too? All things being equal does the young man have the same maturity and experience of the elderly man? Can both the old and the young man dance the same at the disco and provide the same level of sanuk? IMO the qualifier "all things being equal" is the dumbest stipulater I have ever heard in this debate. I am not calling anyone in particular dumb just the statement itself.

The answer to this ludicrous thread is that the young and handsome punter is going to have an easier time attracting prostitutes that prefer young and handsome punters; all things being equal of course. :beer:

>The only recurring argument I keep hearing is that guys THINK or ASSUME that a prostitute would prefer a young handsome man over an old fat one because he is simply young and handsome "all things being equal". What in the hell does that stipulation mean?

JJ, not replying or picking on you.

IMO, there are some people on the board who feel, think, or really are handsome and they want (maybe even request if they could) nothing shorter of a VIP treatment for them.

The Thai way of handling those characters, gives us all some false feeling of being appreciated for our farangness, physical appearance and (percieved) abilities. Crap!

Thinking all the lights will flash when we enter a bar.

The girls don't give a shit. What they think is - this creature wants to fuck, for how much?

Archived