What you miss most in Farang Land?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in UK at the moment so its a good time to asses.

1, The Weather. BKK weather = sweltering heat loads of sweat but no suntan. Or pissing down rain.

2, Welsh/lower league football.

3, Food that is not always fried. Do the Thai's fry everything.

4, Polite people. I may get slammed here but to generalise Thai's are not polite. (obviously some are)

5, Chitter chatter. i.e. mundane conversation wiht passing strangers.

6, Being treted as everyone's equal.

Gee, the only thing I miss so far are the good friends I left behind.....food has been pretty easy, when I get the hankering for farang food, there is quite a bit here in Phuket, a bit pricey, but its ok cause I mostly still enjoy Thai food. I am only 7 months living here, so the story may change in future..... ::

Actually I miss nothing over here in Japan. Everything is available. Life is great. Great variety of any kind of European food and excellent French and Italian restaurants. Believe that the taste is even more authentic than in Europe. Weather is much better than in Central Europe, people are friendlier. :) Ah yes, one thing I really miss, more Japanese flexibility and efficiency. As UAL875 said today: Japanese are the most efficient inefficient people. Got some proof today. :onfire: :cussing:

...and sometimes I miss my Thai gf, but I'll be in BKK on Sunday again. ;)

I agree with the cheese.

That's one thing I miss.

Another thing is milk ::

I'm not a milk guy, but I do enjoy drinking milk few times a week.

The only good milk is Dutch milk. The rest is just crap, no offense. ;)

Archived