What you miss most in Farang Land?

On my last trip, the things I missed most were:

1) People who speak English.

2) American sports on television.

3) Clean water to take a shower with.

4) Same price for everyone :cussing:

What do/did you miss most from Farang Land??

Rug :beer:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"1) People who speak English."

Speak English all day at the office.

"2) American sports on television."

Plenty of sports on TV, but not interested.

"3) Clean water to take a shower with."

Uh, my shower water is clean.

"4) Same price for everyone"

Yep, this does annoy me as well, but luckily don't have to deal with it much.

What I miss..

* Magazines (used to read a lot of computer / games magazines, but they are just to expensive down here)

* Lots of different food (certain cookies, potato chips, deep fried snacks, etc.)

* Seasons

* And probably lots of other things if I would really think about it

Still, if I would go home, I think there would be more things I would miss.

Sanuk!

What I miss most relates to business - in Thailand, no one will mail you or send you a check. You must send someone to pick up payment - and yes, I have learned that my office in Silom has paid 300 baht to send a courier to pick up a 3,000 baht check in Samutprakan.

I wish they would simply mail payments in, the same as in western countries.

If you want enertainment sometime, ask a Thai office manager why it is not possible for Thai businesses to pay bills owed to other businesss by mailing them a check.

Be alert - Bangkok needs more lerts!

StoneSoup

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

* Lots of different food (certain cookies, potato chips, deep fried snacks, etc.)

Still, if I would gohome, I think there would be more things I would miss.

Sanuk!

Ack!!!!!What kind of a diet is that? Do you chose to die young?

Or pehaps your not a young guy which if this is the case, than ignore this message.. ::

What I miss most? Adventure, cheap live'n, friendly people, and lots of english football on tv. And of course those cheap DVD's.

Oh yes did I say adventure. Yup. Sure and hell beats the shit out of reading about some other guy do it. Why sit at home thinking that these other guys a out of their minds. Every one has there own sense of adventure.

But what I miss most when I'm here, is walking into 7-11 and seeing fresh coffee ready and waiting.

Can think of more things...wait. no I can't. ::

Shit.

Totally agree with the stuff like fried grub and fast foods. Real life example. This past weekend I was in Seoul with my girlfriend. Walking around when I spot a Popeye?s Fried Chicken. WTF is that doing here??!? Anomaly central. (FYI, for those not enlightened - Popeye?s is an American fried chicken institution founded in New Orleans and franchised out. IMHO a noticeable step up from KFC particularly with regards to its fine selection of outstanding side dishes and creamy biscuits). Bam! UNESCO Heritage sites, Korean BBQs, charming walks around quaint sections of the city. Forget that. Food that I used to eat at home but cannot find in Tokyo - priority. Who cares that it is only 10AM. Not I. Lunch set on the spot, pronto. Fucking delicious. :applause:

RugDoctor36,

what I miss most from Farangland is a good, affordable cheese collection, with cheeses from Holland and France primary.

Another thing would be plain yoghurt in 1 liter packs.

That's about it.

Says StoneSoup:

I wish they would simply mail payments in, the same as in western countries.

StoneSoup,

Maybe in your west, but not in mine...... here in Europe payments are done by TT, always....... :)

95 % of all companies simply do not even have cheques, I certainly have not used one for the last 7-8 years.

Cheers !

Archived