First Visit to Gulliver's

Sarisin

I went last night to Gulliver's at 10pm for an hour so my assessment was extremely limited.

The venue felt like a larger combo between a hard rock and a woodstock. It would fit it nicely in some american city or town.

We didn't try the food.....

The girls seemed to be all BGs and FLs to me. I didn't notice the girls dressed any better or different than nana, soi 7, etc.

I think i will go after work on a fri or a saturday evening to see if the girl population attracts a different type of girl.

I just don't see non-BGs or GTGs going there due to the lower sukhumvit location, the high falang pop on the prowl and the very high percentage of BGs. One might see an occassion a group of non-BGs or office workers in there but my take it would be on exception and not in high numbers at all.

Cardinalblue

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I go to Gullivers during the day as it is not to busy and we can play pool by ourselves.I see some of the girls are definitely FL's I have seen before.Some of the girls don't seem to interested in the falangs and I wonder if some are just looking for a place to hangout by themselves.I see small groups of girls eating and drinking alone.I am an observer and I have not seen one girl there that doesn't show "street smarts" or "bar room awareness".

My guess is that they are all FL's or BG's.Maybe some are playing the "long game",maybe some have financial arrangements that afford them the freedom to selectively "work".Maybe there is an owners policy of no aggressive actions.Maybe the free internet draws them.

In my opinion,it is an upscale place allowing breathing room as one observes.I would be willing to bet that all the girls are available to someone they choose if he is willing to play and pay the game.

Best Regards,Stan

BKKStan,

Lets put it another way. While the place seems to be a good place to hang out and chat with/scope out girls, I sure would not bring any GTG or Non-BG friends to Gullivers.

It would look bad upon me if I did. While i know a lot of guys will say who cares if it does, my response is they don't interact with Non-BGs that often or the type of girls who i have as social friends.....

I wouldn't bring my current GF there. I don't think she would say anything to me but I know her well enough that she would feel uncomfortable there being surrounded by the dominant atmosphere......

Bringing BG friends, I think they would enjoy the scene. They would not make the judgments that GTGs would make nor even have the mindset to judge since they would be looking at themselves (meaning comfortability)....

Cardinalblue

BKKStan,

I think you were smart to go during the day and play an activity like pool. I have a feeling the night scene is a little more intense with all the BGs floating around. It is also the main reason on why single guys go there....

Maybe bringing my GF with other Non-BG friends would make her feel more comfortable in the surroundings.....

Did your wife say anything to you about the place or the customer base?

Cardinalblue

Hi all,

My impression was that it is a subdued F/L'er place. Especialy around the pool table area. Not a place to find a GTG. I've found that when GTG's go out, it is always with a group of friends.....mostly co-workers, including a mix of Thai male/female. Not many groups there. I pulled from there with relative ease one night, and also brought a group of B/G's there, to play pool.

Go to 'Hard Rock Cafe'', and you might see some locals hanging out. Not so at Gullivers, at least what I saw. A very different crowd.

To be honest, you will not find too many GTG's there, if any. The bar has proclaimed that they are striving for an upscale F/L'er marketplace. And that is primarily what you will find there. Kind of a cross between soi 33, and NEP. And everything in between....depending on the time of night. :grinyes:

HT

Archived