First Visit to Gulliver's

Sarisin

Interesting last few posts. Seems to be a lot of disagreement on whether these are BGs, Non-BGs, freelancers or GTGs....

I been there loads of times and the majority are either full time or part time freelancers from what I have seen, many I have noticed go between Gulliver's and the Beer Garden during the day time, you can also see many of the same girls at CM2, Spasso's and Rivas later in the evening, the rest or minority is a a few bar girls among them, a few non bar girls could be among them as well, though who the hell will ever know the real status of ALL the girls going there,

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

expect only girls from the 2 first categories(BG+FRL) even I normally put them in the same basket ::

Great definitions though, but I think less than 1% of all boeard members would ever get or want to get in contact with the 'GTG' :o

NBG's are the way to go :hubba:, but don't expect to find any at GT or even CM2 :beer:

I found the food and drink (one girl was drinking red wine) rather pricey.

[color:"blue"]

I think f & d are reasonably priced. It's something like 75 baht for a bottle of Heineken, less than 100 baht for my tall glass of Black and soda and something near 100 baht for gaeng masaman.

The owner of the place is professed to wanting this place to be a middle-class freelancer hangout (have friends doing business consulting for these people).

MANY, MANY girls come or rotate in and out of here from Soi 7 Beer Garden, New Wave, The Factory and such - I know many of 'em personally and by face. Reportedly Bamboo Bar is hurting due to Gulliver's - I don't know since Bamboo Bar is not my normal hangout place. I do notice that the girls tend to dress better in Gulliver's. Some of the girls I know tells me they like the place and the customers there :eek:

As Kohchai stated, some girls try to pass off as NBG to try to catch a bigger fish (boyfriend, sponsor).

The place empties out after 11pm-ish as many girls head toward late-night hunting ground ... Nana Disco, CM2 and etc.

[/color]

I walked into Gullivers on 3 different occasions on 3 different days/nights in early june and walked out each time without buying a drink. The place is beautiful, but I saw mostly couples and people playing pool. It was never overly crowded. I'll give it another try in August, but it bore no resemblance to a hot pick-up place on any of my visits.

Maybe I just managed to hit it at the wrong times.

If the girls dress better in gulliver's, then they are not girls from soi 7 or nana disco. I think they are either girls from soi 7 or they are other type of girls who happen to dress better (a higher level of class).

So 7 girls do not say to themselves, Oh i am going to gullivers now so i better dress better.. BGs on the take don't have this mental capacity......

Cardinalblue

Alkie,

I am not sure if the place is just jumping on weekends - I was there on a Saturday. My experience has been that Thermae, the Grace, BG7, and a few other freelancer venues are not really crowded just on weekends.

A few members posted as to the straight lady's intentions being in Gulliver's. I really wish I could say what she does for a living, but of course I will not do that here. Let me just say I am certain she in not in the P4P game and probably has more money in her bank account than most of the posters on this board. :) Not a shot, but just saying she was definitely not in Gulliver's with her friend looking for customers.

What was she there for?

I received a text message from her yesterday and it read only:

"Call me now."

She gave me the business about me being in Gulliver with my two China Dolls. :: I asked her why she went to Gulliver's and she said she and her friends enjoy going to new places and checking them out. Does that seem so unbelievable to some of you guys?

Also, again, I think this notion of straight girls avoiding lower Sukhumvit and other farang entertainment areas like the plague is a little overstated. Yes, there are some girls who feel that way, but there are also many who just do not let it bother them at all. Thai straight women can be very independent and they just do what the hell they want to regardless of what others might think. But, it is true that the stigma attached to these areas may affect some and force them to go elsewhere.

I often take Thai straight girls to restaurants allover lower Sukhumvit (Landmark, Pasta 'n Noodles, San Franz, Thamnathai, even Warbler's and Bus Stop) and there is no problem. Of course, they are with me rather than going alone or with female friends.

I really think making sweeping statements that no straight Thai girl would go anywhere near lower Suk. is a bit too much.

Says Sarisin:

I really think making sweeping statements that no straight Thai girl would go anywhere near lower Suk. is a bit too much.

How straight is straight? You seem to think that because your limited experiences are different, that makes it the way things are. That is only your experience, most people here probably know better than this. Maybe you know a lot less about Thailand than you think you do.

About making sweeping statements. What do you call your go-go and bar beer reviews/ratings? They are only your opinions, and don?t count for anything more than that. Hopefully people realize that and will make up their own minds.

Archived