What are your accomodations and what do you pay

Your present house sound great...swap??? LOL, make it hard for me to go to work though!!

Anyway, I got my place the old tried and tested way. Found the area and then hoofed around with a Thai speaker (the g/f). A few places were either obviously empty or had signs up, took down the numbers then called around. Fairly pleasant way to spend a day walking around....

-j-

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a very nice threat as I am indeed looking for relocation as well.

I do live in a very very nice Duplex 1800 Sqf fully renovated by Designer next to the UK Ambassy (Soi Somkit).

The price tag is 50k + 4k Utilities (Average) + UBC.

Now I have been looking around for New places in the 30k range but I have to admit it is rather difficult. My thai GF is looking around as well but the best I have seen so far is a rathe small place Silom soi 3 but not has nice and convininent as mine 900 Sqf and still 40k.

I am starting to think that my place is a bargain.

Any comments welcome: Pouchay@hotmail.com

Seth

Currently living in Newish rented house close to Askoe BTS. BR, 3 Baths, about 250 sqm plus big garden.... pay 30000 Baht plus utilities....and extra for the maid (unfortunately my fiancee doesn't know how to clean :-)) and I have to pay for the gardener.... brings it up to 42000 a month.... but soon moving into own house...

Suk. soi 3, subsoi opposite Bumrumgrad, 135sqm, 2 bed/2bath/maidroom/shower, lots of storage space, well equipped kitchen, 2 balconies with good view, washing machine, pool, gym, sauna.

Good security, parking, good/nice manager, easy access to expressway, BTS Nana etc. Maid twice a week. Utilities about 4,000/month, rent 32,000/month.

Moved in 4 months ago and very happy. Lived in single house before out near the airport.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to keep this thread going.

I've lived in all sorts of places in Bangkok, ranging from 3.500 to 25.000 baht per month (where the 3.500/m easily beat the 25.000/m one!)

I currently live in a "terrace house", 120+ sqm, two floors, two bedrooms, some extra rooms, kitchen, two large balconies & a shop front area (where the G/F runs a shop). Monthly rate: 5.000 B. It ain't lower Sukhumvit but it's not that uncentral either (15 minutes to sky train). I find it to be a really good deal.

I've lived in all sorts of places in Bangkok, ranging from 3.500 to 25.000 baht per month (where the 3.500/m easily beat the 25.000/m one!)

Thank you!! :up: After reading about 65k a month :: I was giving up my dream about once be able to get a place in Bkk. Now I'm dreaming again :D:sleeping:

Archived