Who visits all those MP's?

Man at Work

Just went to Sanuk_Maps to look for a special place. While browsing through the diffrent maps, a thought crossed my mind:

Who in the hell visits all those Massage parlors?

With a quick count I came to close to 40 MP's in the Ratchburi map alone. Multiplied with 100 girls and 5 customers per day makes 2.000 "deals" in this small part of BK alone.

And there must be loads of other around (not counting the ones just catering to Thais).

And the strangest thing:Here, where all the Sanuk-Professionals meet, MP's are hardly mentioned.

So who is the main clientel for them? The ordinary tourist slipping away from the wife? Expats? Business-Men? ::

Just a thought

MaW

97 days to go

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, most certainly Thais. And perhaps Asian tourists in general.

In Bangkok Post the other day it was suggested that Davis Group MP:s catered to "the well-heeled, top brass police and military". It seems like an exaggeration. I think it's really a wide variation in the customer base (though most are certainly sort of "middle-class")

There are many more MP:s around than noted at Sanuk Maps though. You see an MP in almost every other neighbourhood in BKK -- so they certainly must be in demand.

At other boards it's pretty evident that these type of places have their followers among Westerners as well (prolly by expats with little time to make the NEP/SC/PP rounds).

Hi MAW,

My reason for staying away, is that you don't really get to know the girl before being with her. You pick her on looks alone, as far as I know. But I guess the attraction is the bathing and massage, that goes along with the sex at the end. Certainly more comfortable than sitting in a beer bar with no aircon in the middle of the day.

Who knows...I might check one out one day, and love it. But this why I've never frequented.

I'm guessing the vast majority cater to the Thai population. :dunno:

HT

Good points. I'll bet they cater to mainly Thai punters also. As it seems to me, the Thais keep their sanuk more discreet then us Farang do. The MP is a perfect place to have the pipes cleaned out before going home to the wife. Kind of on the lines of "Cop didn't see it, so I didn't do it theory".

ZMAN

No so sure it is that discreet. Last trip, I went to Saphan Kwai and looked in a few Thai gogos. To us it might seem (from the outside) just another night club, but if you read Thai, I think it would stand out. Did notice a lot of touts in front of all these places, wich I would think would draw attention. Also, just as any GTG would know to avoid certain farang areas to protect her reputation, I would think she would know what Thai areas to avoid as well.

Says Man at Work:

Just went to Sanuk_Maps to look for a special place. While browsing through the diffrent maps, a thought crossed my mind:

Who in the hell visits all those Massage parlors?

With a quick count I came to close to 40 MP's in the Ratchburi map alone. Multiplied with 100 girls and 5 customers per day makes 2.000 "deals" in this small part of BK alone.

And there must be loads of other around (not counting the ones just catering to Thais).

And the strangest thing:Here, where all the Sanuk-Professionals meet, MP's are hardly mentioned.

So who is the main clientel for them? The ordinary tourist slipping away from the wife? Expats? Business-Men? ::

Just a thought

MaW

97 days to go

I have seen many buses in the carparks at some of these MPs.

Sex tour? :dunno:

As the Farang, we will take our bargirls with us on the BTS, to the movies, walking around in public etc etc... The locals recognize the BG immediately and give us that special look. I don't think the Thais would do such a thing with a BG. In a MP, they go in take care of business and are done.

ZMAN

While on the subject of MPs, how's business at that old favorite Annie's since the price increase?

Anybody still going, or avoiding in favor of places a little more expensive, and with ladies that don't necessarily resemble, well, I'd better censor myself here. ;)

Archived