Would you buy a house in your GF/wife's name?

pattaya127

why do you ask silly questions like that?is it just to see how many idiots there are?

----------------------------------

No! but i am glad you swell with sure knowledge about every thai/farang RT in LOS.

There are many expats and married men on this board who feel very trustful of their wifes/GFs, and I am wondering how far they would go with that trust.

My own answer, if I try, is that a very good relationship may go sour very quick, and I have seen thai women be able to destroy ina second something that was very valuable. does not have to be the RT, could be driving her car into a wall, because she's mad at you, or do something destructive to get back at you, etc.... This spirit of revenge, of which the consequences are not taken in consideration (not thinking too mutt) is what makes me very cautious. Againm BG, GTG, same same.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!-

Better to set up a off shore corporation-with a monor Thai share holder and free-hold -Its is possible-

P127 I always wonder how and why :: dream you up all of these questions ...( bored in SF?or has maybe the fog rolled in? /smile) ::

"I meant that since my Ph'd friends family is wealthy, hopeully I will be able to trust Thai ladies that she may introduce me to. "

I think you should re-think this type of thought pattern/logic my friend. :: ::

One does not necessarily lead the other.

I've got a full bag of topics or pseudo-ones i always keep for the nanaP dry days ;). But mostly, they pop out out of reading other threads or just thinking about Thailand, that, of which, i am never bored.

I just came from walking and lounging in Golden gate Park for 3 hours, listening to music, watching people (women, really, any color, a lot look real good!), so no, I am never bored. But you guys are my net friends, i like to share stuff with you or push your buttons, and actually you just gave me another idea for a thread (and that's your fault!), but OK, I will leave it out: posting on NanaP, a celebration of LOS or just an addiction that needs fixing? I know my answer this time: CELEBRATION! :D :D :D

my husband to be will buy a house or any properties in thailand under my name and in US under our name (from what we 've talked so far) If there is a divoce in the future(Hopefully not!) I (we)will sell them ,split it 50/50.I have no plan to get it all, take it all mine, the reason is very simple because those properties have been bought by him ,money from his 8 to 5 job. I dont think I can sleep happily at night if I trick someone I love (or loved if we are get a divoce )

I think its all about the dignity ,about the respect. if you are respect yourself then you will do the same to other.

No doubt that each situation is unique, both the circumstances and the individuals involved.

For me the answer is yes. I have already contibuted to pay off the loan on the family rice farm and should the opprtunity arise that I could give my GF a little material security in the form of a piece of property for herslf, I would not hesitate, although at this time, recent fiscal disasters make that seem unlikely. :(

I would. I've already done it. I think it's necessary to get to know the girl well first as you would anywhere. With a TG getting to know her should include an understanding of Thai language and customs. The more you know the better judge you'll be of her character, if there are any skeletons in the closet or bad habits that could jeopardize an investment. TGs have the same dream that people around the world have, a home they can call their own.

Short answer: Yes

It's complicated for a lot of reasons, mainly lack of funds...

but I bought her 1/2 rai of land last march on a quite road 1 km outside her parents village to show my commitment. The gf wishes to live there one day and have a small business to survive with some decency should I pass away in the unforeseeable future and not leave a fortune behind me.

And I might well live there as wel in a few years from now.

I am 20+ years older than she is, I find her request reasonable. As our relationship goes along money is an issue, not just for her, also for me. We are constantly wondering how we could make some money considering our circumstances and where we live. If there were just enough farangs visiting this beach we would be running a guest house...

Anyway, If I would have one million baht in my hands we would be building that house now. The love and affection she gives me is worth it, even if I would lose everything tomorrow.

Who's tag line is "life's too short"???

For legal raesons you may effectivly have to buy in her name. A company is expensive for a smallish property.

The answer is to then get her to issue you with a 30 year renewable lease.

Also I am told the property can be held in your name by a Thia trustee. I do not know the ins and outs of that but was told it is safe.

On the question of trusting the wife, A person I know, quite well, lost his house when his wife died (no fault of his he was very upset) but the house was in the wife's name and he family, who inherited, jsut grabbed it bakc and sold it!

I have seen too many such arrengements end in tears for me not to believe a safegaurd is wise!

Hi,

"I have seen too many such arrengements end in tears for me not to believe a safegaurd is wise!"

Exactly.

As I wrote a few weeks ago:

Do I trust my wife? Yes, I do.

Would I risk my entire financial future on her doing the moral thing if we would get a divorce? No.

The thing is that I cannot afford to buy a house cash. It would therefore mean a mortgage. I would be spending all our (well, my) savings on paying this off over the next 20 odd years.

So, worst case scenario in say 18 years the wife divorces me and I would be in my early 50s and flat broke!

Now, if I had several million Baht (which I obviously don't) then the situation would be rather different.

And for those who think I am being cold-hearted, maybe I am, but then again I do have a 2 million Baht life insurance with my wife as the beneficiary. I do take responsibility.

Sanuk!

Archived