Starting a go-go bar

TroyinEwa/Perv

Says Escape Rabbit:

One more idea. This board is an enormous think tank of sorts with lawyers, doctors, professionals, bar owners, and others with just about an unfathomable amount of knowledge. When you find what seems the right deal at the right price, why not post it here so it can be judged. I am thinking at minimum, you will end up with some ammunition useful for negotiation.

Rabbit,

Yeah ! or somebody else running away with your business idea :( :(

Honestly ? Someone who actually 'made' it, will not explain here how he did it...........

Cheers !

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but maybe it could be written sufficiently vague to not disclose the exact bar such as "a medium bar on patpong I on the ground floor". I can't help but think of all these nice PM's being sent to the gent saying "whatever you do, don't tell anyone because this deal is so good everyone else will want to grab it first". Agree the successful people aren't likely to divulge their secrets, but I think some basics would come out like whether it was in that area rumored to be demolished when the subway opens. ::

IMO,it is much cheaper to stay the customer if you really like the gogo scene that much!!Never been in the business,but determined to not listen to the naysayers!!WOW!! :banghead:

Unless you have a "need" to be the "big boss"of a girlie venue,I can not understand your determination.

The odds of you succeeding [if success is to be measured in cash profits]in any business in Thailand are probably greater than winning the big lottery prize in your home states.

Of course,if you have enough money,you might be able to outlive the loss of it while enjoying yourself in your new lifestyle.Chok Dee!!

Best Regards,Stan

Says BKKstan:

Of course,if you have enough money,you might be able to outlive the loss of it while enjoying yourself in your new lifestyle.Chok Dee!!

Best Regards,Stan

You know this seems to be about the best way to success unless you have big cash up front. I have a retirement and have thought about a small place that I could live in at the same time serving up beer, darts, and music to the customer. Figuring any money made is a bonus included in the support of your lifestyle.

A lot of rain has already been dropped on your parade, and I am sorry to add to the negative comments you have received, but the reality is that this is probably not a good time for Farangs to even invest in a legitimate business in Thailand given the current climate.

I would like to add that Thailand's political climate is not the best ever for people in the 'sanuk' nightlife world. :(

Purachai's 'Social Order' campaign may be over, but the recent slap on the boys in brown along with Thailand's 'populist' one party policies are no reassurance of a bright future.

Oh, and last bit of negative news - 95% chance Purachai is leaving Thai Rak Thai, and will run for Bangkok Governor and no doubt win :cussing: -- which is not good.

OH, and all that other shit you've heard about not opening a go-go.. well

that's all true too ::

cheers,

numbers

P.S. - Patpong and Lumphini area intersects with four police districts. Don't know how that works out bribe-wise worse or better, but keep in mind mate.

along with Thailand's 'populist' one party policies are no reassurance of a bright future
You are right. The Thailand for Thais only policies are even receiving attention in the investment community here in NYC...enough to push Thailand even further down on the list of countries that interest the investment community. Every time I tell someone here I work in Thailand, I hear negative comment about transparency problems and populist policies and praise for China (go figure?) Quite frankly, although I am familiar with the problems, even I am surprised and dismayed that Thailand's reputation is so bad now in the financial center of the world.

I would like to thank everybody for all your comments, negative and positive. I need to see them all. I appreciate the board members who give the side of the argument that this should not be tried as it is an almost guaranteed failure. I agree this will not be easy and failure is a very real possibility. That is with any business though. With the right plan including many variables such as staff, marketing, location, etc., it can be done. I have a goal and a timeline. I'll try to keep the board updated if there is any interest in me doing so. Again, thanks very much to all who posted here.

Troy

After all you've you read here and you still plan to move forward? I think you should! But go big and invest everything you own.

When you get her up and open let us all know when and where. I'm sure we will all be there...if for nothing else than to tell you that we told you so! But hell I'll check it out, maybe even buy a beer. But remember whatever good idea you have, somebody else has had the same plan before.

Archived