Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy people have not forgotten yet about the price hikes. Besides the Crown group bars, do not forget Playskool and Hollywood bars have also raised their prices. Not to mention Dollhouse at Clinton Plaza, which despite being in big trouble, and the only bar left at the premises has also found it appropriate to raise its prices. I would say, let us all stick to Soi Cowboy. If still preferring Nana there are the Rainbow bars and Hard Rock, Silver Dragon, Titty Twister, Buttoms Up to choose from.

quote:

Originally posted by boemba:

Very happy people have not forgotten yet about the price hikes. Besides the Crown group bars, do not forget Playskool and Hollywood bars have also raised their prices. Not to mention Dollhouse at Clinton Plaza, which despite being in big trouble, and the only bar left at the premises has also found it appropriate to raise its prices. I would say, let us all stick to Soi Cowboy. If still preferring Nana there are the Rainbow bars and Hard Rock, Silver Dragon, Titty Twister, Buttoms Up to choose from.

Don't forget Angel witch, good bar, good attitude and some fine looking women. Matt refused to gom along with the price hike, he has recently aquired a number of girls that worked at Hollywood east CEP.

Alan of Hollywood came to the bar 2-3 days ago and threatened and assaulted a couple of the girls outside because they refused to work in Voodoo. He grabbed one by the throat and headbutted another.

That behaviour alone is worthy of a boycott of Crown group bars along with Hollywood.

I have heard that Dollhouse will close on the 15th, wait an see.

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

Don't forget Angel witch, good bar, good attitude and some fine looking women. Matt refused to gom along with the price hike, he has recently aquired a number of girls that worked at Hollywood east CEP.

Alan of Hollywood came to the bar 2-3 days ago and threatened and assaulted a couple of the girls outside because they refused to work in Voodoo. He grabbed one by the throat and headbutted another.

That behaviour alone is worthy of a boycott of Crown group bars along with Hollywood.

I have heard that Dollhouse will close on the 15th, wait an see.

I agree 100% with Rictic on Angelwitch - it is one of my favorites in NEP. I didn't know about the influx of ladies from Hollywood East (one of my favorites in CEP - RIP), but will check that out tonight.

Rictic, I remember when Angelwitch moved to the site of the former Farang Connection and most of those ladies moved to DC-10. But, what about Silver Dragon? Does the owner of Angelwitch own that one too? It can be a fun bar, especially when they put on an Isan song and the ladies all hop on the bar or tables.

That is really BS about the guy from Hollywood causing the trouble. I haven't been to a Crown Group bar except for Fantasia, or any of the Hollywood places in three months. There are just too many other good choices available. I am looking forward to see what the new Rock Hard looks like tonight.

It will be interesting to see if Hollywood re-surfaces at the Hare and Hound site in Soi Cowboy as Stickman mentioned in his column. I just can't imagine fitting a Hollywood-sized operation in a bar the size of H&H. I would have thought they would have purchased and moved to Suzy Wong. That place has been on the market for a long time, but I heard the owner wants too much.

quote:

But, what about Silver Dragon? Does the owner of Angelwitch own that one too? It can be a fun bar, especially when they put on an Isan song and the ladies all hop on the bar or tables.

That is really BS about the guy from Hollywood causing the trouble. I haven't been to a Crown Group bar except for Fantasia, or any of the Hollywood places in three months. There are just too many other good choices available. I am looking forward to see what the new Rock Hard looks like tonight.

It will be interesting to see if Hollywood re-surfaces at the Hare and Hound site in Soi Cowboy as Stickman mentioned in his column. I just can't imagine fitting a Hollywood-sized operation in a bar the size of H&H. I would have thought they would have purchased and moved to Suzy Wong. That place has been on the market for a long time, but I heard the owner wants too much.[/QB]

As far as I know Matt has nothing to do with the Silver Dragon.

Yep, That was shitty move by the Hollywood guy. Strong arm tactics to try to keep the girls.

I was in RockHard last night, First Thursday of every month they have a feeding frenzy, a very good spread was laid on. Good bar, good attitude. Larry and Ricky are two very pleasant guys.

Hare and Hounds, It's Dollhouse that are moving there. I agree about Suzie Wongs, good size bar but as stated they want too much for it. The owners live on the upper floors so you only get to lease the lower section unlike most other bars where you have the entire building.

Speaking as one who used to live in Thailand, but now lives in Hong Kong, I would have to agree with Spectator.

Case in point. A few months back in Hong Kong, a friend of mine got into fight in a Hong Kong bar. It was clearly a scam situation, but rather than press it with the police, he let it drop. Now this was in Hong Kong, where the rule of law means something. But having met his Hong Kong Chinese wife, I know exactly why he let it drop, and I cannot say I disagreed with this decision.

In Thailand, it would be even worse. Even without a Thai wife, the last thing I would want my is colleagues at work to know was that I got in fight in Nana, even if it wasn't my fault. Who knows what the Rabbit does for a liviing, but if you have a professional job and work for a bank, accounting firm, investment banking firm or a law firm, the first question that will come up - long before anyone asks about the particulars of the incident - is: "What the hell were you doing in a place like Nana??"

It is worse in Thailand because of the rule of law does not always prevail (this is a big part of the problem with the Thai economy.) Now I recall reading above that someone had sent messages asking for information about the incident, was in touch with Crown Group's management, and was dissappointed that the Rabbit did not respond. I sure as hell wouldn't respond. Respond in person to that kind of posting - you have got to be kidding. Who knows what you might be walking into. It may all fine, but I sure wouldn't take chances - certainly not in Thailand.

Who knows what happened in this one specific incident. The story sounds credible. And judging from the posts elicited from the orignal post, it is obviously consistent with other experiences other people have had in Thailand and in this particular bar. I have also seen this kind of stuff on my trips to Thailand and when I lived there. This sort of stuff does happen.

Furthermore, it seems to happen at some bars more than others. I recall when I lived in Thailand there was a downstairs bar in Nana where someone practically got killed for taking pictures. (Any of you Thai old-timers recall the incident? - if so, you know what bar I am talking about.) Before that incident, however, I was constantly hearing stories about that same bar. Food for thought.

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: William Ginzer ]

Who knows what really happened, but as someone who has lived in Thailand for more than a few years, I will throw my two satang in.

First satang, this is a long thread, but in reading what I think was a second post from RR (its a long thread and I am sure I missed alot) and perhaps reading a bit in between the lines, I noticed that he mentioned or implied that he lives in Thailand, has a good job, a Thai wife, and did not want to carry this matter further. At least that is how I read his post.

Now I am sure there are a few other guys on this board who have lived here for awhile, have good jobs, and Thai wifes. If you fall into that category, I think you would agree that the last thing you want to do draw attention to your escapades in Nana, either with the wife or at work. It is one thing to have a bad night out in Nana. It is quite another to have your Thai wife and the people at work learn about it.

Second, a few months back, I did see a rather nasty incident right in front of G-Spot. A couple of Thai guys very quickly beat and cut a farang. A group of Thais quickly circled the hapless Farang while his friends tried to make there way in. It happened pretty fast, and by the time his friends made it in, the guy was in bad shape - hospital material. One of the Thais involved claimed he was a cop, and a few of the girls from G-Spot claimed the farang and his friends tried to cheat on a bill. The farang and his friends disagreed, and there was alot of shouting, and I don't have a clue as to what really started it, but it was obvious that the Thai guys who descended upon this Farang were ruthless and even if the guy had cheated on a bill or there was a misunderstanding (more likely), it did not appear to me that this beating was justified under any circumstances. They just descended upon this one guy like a wolf pack. And it was disturbing to see the Thai staff from G-Spot try to block the farangs out in front of G-Spot from helping or even seeing what happened.

Now this doesn't sound like the incident Roger Rabbit described, but to me, it served as a very graphic reminder of what can happen in certain bars in Nana. I have seen other stuff like this over the years, and I generally try to avoid trouble whenever possible.

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: Spectator ]

• 10 months later...

RR,

I live in BKK as well and am shocked at your story.

I have been a regular in there for sometime and never seen any trouble like you had. I am sorry it happened to you and I will now be more careful if/when I go back there.

DD

Does G-süot have a web-site with "contact"? I guess, it does not help if we keep telling us, that we boycot, they should know too.

HBO

Archived