Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

quote:

Originally posted by db_sez_aloha:

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

[qb]

The quick guide to caps in English is this:

6) Taxonomy and most product names. Phalera Bucephalus, the Buff-Tip Moth. The Ford Mustang, Coca-Cola, Marlboro Lights.

$db++;[/QB]

Oopsie...pretty sure that should be Phalera bucephalus actually, as genus and higher order names are capitalized (and in italics) while species names are not capitalized (but are in italics)..

-j-

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: josh_ingu ]

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: josh_ingu ]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dan:

[QB]Would have to agree. Everybody deserves a say. Admitedly, some of his more spontaneous posts are a little emotionally charged. But his longer and more thought out responses are very good and telling.

Keep it up FLYONZEWALL. laugh.gif" border="0

=====================================

why do you have to do that to me?! why can't you say: flyonzewall is full of shit!

now i can't stop sitting at this bloody screen...

anyhow, thanks

quote:

Originally posted by db_sez_aloha:

The quick guide to caps in English is this:

1) I [first person singular] but not me, myself, etc.

2) God and the allusions to Him; Deity, Almighty, Holy Spirit, etc. But not plural; gods, deities, etc. as polytheism is a no-no apparently.

3) Royalty and allusions to Royal Persons; His Majesty the King, Your Highness, etc. Also King of Pop, Queen of Soul, etc.

4) Place names, regions and geographic features; Boston, Germany, Antarctica, the Far East, the Deep South, the Mediteranean Sea, Mount Erebus, the Grand Canyon.

5) Personal names and titles; Bob, Mr. Jones, General Secretary Annan, Doctor Smith, Brother Thomas, Caridnal Sheehan.

6) Taxonomy and most product names.
Phalera Bucephalus
, the Buff-Tip Moth. The Ford Mustang, Coca-Cola, Marlboro Lights.

7) The word at the beginning of a sentence always; but never the word starting a dependant clause unless the word fits 1 - 6 above.

That should cover most of them, but I'm certain it's not all of them.

# $db++;[/QB]

and i thought i was confused already...

Errrr...Ummmmm....

I think this thread has drifted a bit....

FLYONZEWALL: May I extend my hand as a "piece-pipe"? I think this has also run it's course as well...

RR, IMHO I think this board has really stepped up to help out, and all we're possibly waiting for now is Stickman's pow-wow with the big Chief (I think living in Phoenix has given me too many Indian phrases, eh?).

Cheers Everyone

Elfman

quote:

Originally posted by elfman36:

Errrr...Ummmmm....

I think this thread has drifted a bit....

FLYONZEWALL: May I extend my hand as a "piece-pipe"? I think this has also run it's course as well...

RR, IMHO I think this board has really stepped up to help out, and all we're possibly waiting for now is Stickman's pow-wow with the big Chief (I think living in Phoenix has given me too many Indian phrases, eh?).

Cheers Everyone

Elfman

Piece? No problem with that, I'm not into holding grudges.

But guys, do you realise what you are doing to me? It won't take much longer and my wife will wack that computer around my head if I don't stay off that thing.

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

Has RR been in touch with crown group to identify the girl and the fella. It'd be nice to see a closure on this issue.

I AGREE! We need an update and closure on this issue.

To RogerRabbit: We need to hear from you. Please provide an update and any more details. Thanks!

To KS: Has this thread set a record for number of posts (148 at last count)?

I talked to one of the owners of G-Spot the other day and he was aware of this posting but not of the incident itself. He made some effort to find out what had happened. But of course nobody was talking. He said you should have complained to the mamasan or tried to find the manager or one of the owners. But you may not have been thinking very clearly after having your head slammed. I have lived in Thailand for 12 years and it has been my understanding that Bar Owners especially non Thais have strong policies against such scams in the bars. They should be kept informed by complaining customers so such practices can be stamped out. Thus the bars will be safer for us all.

I also agree, we need closure to this subject. Being a newbie maybe I have no rights to say, but I like others view this board to obtain information on the LOS not a lessons on the proper use of "capital letters. I have found great info for my FIRST up coming trip in mid September. Even if this will be my first of hopefully many more trips to come, I will also not visit G-Spot or others of the same owners.

LeoTex

I'm coming to LOS for 3 and a half weeks next month with 7 friends, all heavy drinkers used to Visit the crown group a lot, now I won't. Lets see how much that has cost them given that as a conservative estimate I would have patronised their places 5 nights during my stay

7 x 10 beers each = 700 baht + 1 bar fine + 6 lady drinks = 1800 baht x 7 X 5 = 63 000 baht.

I visit LOS 4 times a year at least, that one grotesque act of bullying on their part has cost them.

By the way the above figure does not include the money which would privately have been given to the girls, I normally pay 2000 baht long time and my friends are pretty generous as well so the girls have lost money to the tune of 70 000 baht.

Revenue which I would have put in to the crown group and girls next month would have been 133 000 baht.

One stupid girl and one dupe have cost that group millions of baht. They have to learn not to cut off the hand that feeds them, when will they learn!! crazy.gif" border="0

Archived