Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

Correct me if I am wrong please, but I recall reading recently that "Rainbow" ground floor, on right (not the corner, but other one) was recently a Crown conversion, fairly certain "PlaySkool" is, and real sure third floor "Hollywood" is a Crown bar, with the 110 baht beer?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hollywood lease is owned by Crown and Dog

but it is NOT a Crown group bar, someone else has the bar, Playskool also is not a Crown group bar despite being shits and following crown group line.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Condom King

Yeah of course it's unacceptable. I've been in an incident where some freelancer took offence at my rejecting her advances by spraying mace in the face. That was also unacceptable. To me anyway... Man Utd tapping Vieira is unacceptable. The Taliban destroying Buddhist statues in unacceptable. The BBC only making 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers is also unacceptable. Many things are unacceptable but they still happen.

What recourse can RR have here? Beyond avoiding G Spot not a whole lot. I see a few guys here have said they might not go for a few months. Implying thay might return at a later date. I don't recall if anyone has mentioned Trink yet. I don't know how people here view the guy, but he has a large audience.

Is it worth belling this Crown Group and talking with them? Are they a fully Thai outfit or is there farang input? How do they view their punters? Primarily tourist, in which case they probably won't give a rat's arse about the expats, or mostly expat, in which case they may listen.

Caveat emptor.

The Crown Group joints have got to be about the most unfriendly bars in the entire city.

I definitely concur with the "bad vibes" feeling about them, especially G-Spot. If this kind of thing had to happen somewhere, I'm not surprised at all that it was there.

Despite all this, there have been times when for whatever reason I have found myself wandering in there with a buddy, etc. That won't happen any more. Add me to the list. I don't need to spend money at places that victimize us or allow us to be victimized on their premises.

RR, You have my sympathy. 1,000 baht was more than enough compensation for wasting your time, especially after you entertained her at the disco.

As I said in another thread "Setting the price up front?" in General Discussion, the only strife I ever got into was when I didn't fix the price beforehand ... not very romantic, but it is a business deal after all.

I've never been to G Spot. Never will. Do the Crown Group own any bars down Pattaya way?

quote:

Originally posted by CondomKing:

Flyonzeywall -- Can't understand!!??

Well, how about these phrases:

victim of a crime, surprise attack, physical assault, loss of personal dignity, attempted robbery, possible concussion. Can you understand any of these?

Hard to believe that if someone banged your head against a wall hard enough to draw blood, while you were taking a piss, that you would regard it to be a "small incident".

as abbot thong has elaborated, the backyards of our western countries can be a lot more dangerous.

i have seen people getting bottled, knived, shot, fingers slashed off in vicious revenge attacs, dying in front of me.

mostly for very small reasons like pride, tiny amounts of money.

i have seen these things happening here in thailand.

if this conflict would have happened in the thai scene, roger rabbit might have been shot or knifed at least, not just having had his head banged against the wall.

violence goes with the territory, ignorance is not bliss. a lot of westerners treat thailand as if it would be disneyland for adults, completely disregarding that thailand has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the world.

my post is not about guilt, but how conflicts are generally solved in thailand's backyards. seen in this context he got off lightly, and should be happy about it. what got hurt most was his pride and selfconfidence, that heals easily. the next time he will be smarter.

Well, Flyonzewall and Abbot Thong, you guys seem to be of the opinion that because someone likes to hang out in seedy part of town that it's all right if he gets his ass kicked once in a while because that just naturally goes with the territory.

Sorry, I just don't buy it. Never have, never will. Just not into getting victimized here or anywhere else in the world.

BTW, Abbot Thong did have a good point about maybe getting this incident mentioned in Trink's column, although without some kind of verification I doubt if he would mention it. Although, you never know, it might be worth notifying Trink. After all, TIT.

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

Not saying that at all Condom King. Just saying shit happens. Not matter how well you think you are prepared for any eventuality, life has this habit of coming up and kicking you in the nuts. Can happen in shit holes, can happen in board rooms...

quote:

Originally posted by abbot thong:

Not saying that at all Condom King. Just saying shit happens. Not matter how well you think you are prepared for any eventuality, life has this habit of coming up and kicking you in the nuts. Can happen in shit holes, can happen in board rooms...

Agreed... it would be interesting to find out how David / Crown Group feels about all this. Apart from losing a few guys who go there once in a while and post on this board, I don't think this incident will affect his business at all. Wonder if he cares...

quote:

Originally posted by CondomKing:

Well, Flyonzewall and Abbot Thong, you guys seem to be of the opinion that because someone likes to hang out in seedy part of town that it's all right if he gets his ass kicked once in a while because that just naturally goes with the territory.

Sorry, I just don't buy it. Never have, never will. Just not into getting victimized here or anywhere else in the world.

BTW, Abbot Thong did have a good point about maybe getting this incident mentioned in Trink's column, although without some kind of verification I doubt if he would mention it. Although, you never know, it might be worth notifying Trink. After all, TIT.

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

it is never all right, but it is reality. abbot thong said: "shit happens." in this case the shit was very light, not more than a wet fart.

Archived