Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ground Floor

ALL Bar beers

Lollipop/Mermadium next to the stairs on the left side as you enter

Obsession Khatoey bar at the far end

Voodoo far left corner

First Floor

G-Spot Far right corner

Fantasia on the right hand side around the corner from the escalator.

Top Floor

Carnival

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me if I am wrong please, but I recall reading recently that "Rainbow" ground floor, on right (not the corner, but other one) was recently a Crown conversion, fairly certain "PlaySkool" is, and real sure third floor "Hollywood" is a Crown bar, with the 110 baht beer?

Lucky for me, they were boycotted before such an encounter.

Nok

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: NokTang ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

One of the golden rules of taking a bargirl/waitress, etc, etc is to develop some kind of rapport first. No matter how much you like her/want to shag her, etc, if she doesn't like you that much (and you should be able to sense this) incidents like Roger's remote control wrestling fiasco are sure to happen.

I'm not taking the piss here but being deadly serious and offering what I think is decent advice. It can only take 5 minutes to build a rapport - but for fuck's sake build it.

Phil,

You can reduce the risk, BUT there is still risk. One bad incident in six years as an expat indicates to me that he is careful.

i don't under stand why you make such a fuzz over such a small incident. you go into areas of prostitution, you are bound to meet nasty people. rogerrabbit did not even have to go to the hospital.

do you honestly think that just because you are farang and have the mighty dollar you can escape the violent realities of the land of smiles?

roger made two elemantary mistakes. first, he brought the girl into his own home. second, he went back to her bar after making her lose face (she must have perceived it that way, otherwise not that reaction).

roger got away lightly and should see that as a lesson.

quote:

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

i don't under stand why you make such a fuzz over such a small incident. you go into areas of prostitution, you are bound to meet nasty people. rogerrabbit did not even have to go to the hospital.

do you honestly think that just because you are farang and have the mighty dollar you can escape the violent realities of the land of smiles?

roger made two elemantary mistakes. first, he brought the girl into his own home. second, he went back to her bar after making her lose face (she must have perceived it that way, otherwise not that reaction).

roger got away lightly and should see that as a lesson.

Flyonzeywall -- Can't understand!!??

Well, how about these phrases:

victim of a crime, surprise attack, physical assault, loss of personal dignity, attempted robbery, possible concussion. Can you understand any of these?

Hard to believe that if someone banged your head against a wall hard enough to draw blood, while you were taking a piss, that you would regard it to be a "small incident".

I join the consensus opinion here that the B/G's behavior and the violence experienced by RR are totally unacceptable. I'm in favor of an appropriate resolution. I EMPHASIZE the word "appropriate."

Before any type of boycott or other response is considered, I wonder if it would be in our collective best interest to approach the senior management of Crown Group to get their side of the story, and a full explanation of the conduct of the B/G and Thai male.

Do we know if the management is aware of the incident?

Do we have anyone on the Board that has a personal or professional relationship with any senior manager in Crown Group?

My point is that we may be able to resolve this to everyone's satisfaction in a variety of ways, not just a boycott.

teacherwannabe

A lot of posts since I last checked-in. I am used to more tepid exchanges on the legal/visa social issues board. I will keep this sort of general since I do not think I can begin to respond to all of the posts.

First, thanks for all of the support. I even appreciate the critical posts. Well, sort of; I read them.

Second, I read Bangkok Phil and flyonzewall’s posts, and while I really do not want to go into a prolonged exchange (see my third point), I do think several points need to be clarified, or perhaps “emphasized” is a better word since much of this was raised in my original post. As to “rapport”, Dan’s comments about the illusory nature of “rapport” with a BG you just met says it better than I ever could. And if you go back to the original post, you will see that a sort of rapport was developed (“short necking session at G-Spot, I paid her bar fine, took her to a disco for a few hours [before heading back]”.) I really don’t know what the dek-serve was thinking or why she brought in a heavy, but I do know that I really thought the incident with the TV remote several days back was not a big deal or would lead to what happened. I certainly did not think she lost face; if I had, I would not have gone back to G-Spot with or without friends. I lived here too long to tempt that kind of fate, but maybe I have not learned as much as I thought I had - a more cautious profile may be in order. Flyonzewall is right when he suggests these sorts of things are all too common in the LOS, but I would not draw the same conclusions he did. I have bump on my head; he does not. Actually, I brought the girl back to a cheap second apartment I maintain with two other ex-pat friends for sideline TG girlfriends and to avoid Nana’s ST rooms (and I am now convinced this has proved to be one of my best Thai investments as I consider the likely alternative scenario if I had brought back to my apartment now that my wife is back in town.) The one thing that is apparent to me from reading all of the posts, is that similar things have happened to others, which suggests it may not be as easy to avoid as Bangkok Phil suggests. His suggestion that we all need to be careful and take precautions is a sound one, however, and I intend to start by adopting a much lower profile over the next several weeks or months, which leads me to my third point.

Third, one thing I have learned living here is that we are all vulnerable. I am mad as hell about what happened, but because of my work and domestic situation I cannot allow myself to be placed in a more vulnerable situation. I lose – big time – if that happens. A bump on the head is one thing (actually its not the bump that pisses me off, its what happened and that the other guy got away with it), but losing face at my job and wife is another thing. Its infuriating, but it is one the prices we pay as farangs in Thailand. I am sure other ex-pats who have been here for even a few years will understand what I am saying. It also sounds like mine is not the first incident at G-Spot.

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: RogerRabbit ]

RR

Pleased to see that you have survived this ordeal and I understand your actions, especially from your domestic and work point of view.

No doubt the Crown Group management needs to be made aware of the incident although, most likely nothing will happen other than a dismissal of a manager. Not for letting the incident to occur, but rather for allowing it to become public and possible loose face for the Corporation, and possibly some profits as well. No doubt the MLK "Sit-in" would make us all feel noble but puts far too many at actual risk. I sent a test email to the address suppied and it was not returned thus it probably is valid enough. Perhaps one of the English teachers could draft a short letter of complaint that we could all send to get someone's attention.

I sincerely doubt that any apology will ever happen and considering you situation, perhaps just as well to keep it on a lower keynote. (Now a more cynical fellow might consider attaching 5 meg attachments to all those email, resulting in a very overloaded mailbox, perhaps even to the point of shutting down the server, making them change their email address, and forcing them to reprint all the senior management's business cards)Hm...........

My 25 satangs worth...

I've been in pubs in London where people have been twatted for wearing the wrong clothes...

In Newcastle where a cockney is now nicknamed scarface cos a Geordie took offence to his accent...

In Cologne where 2 Irish geezers went for it in the middle of the street over singing rebel songs...

In Poland where PC Plodski felt it was easier to lay into a 100 English fans than control a mob of a couple of thousand poles...

In Kings X Sydney where some pissed up westie gets a kicking from maori door staff for falling asleep at the bar...

In Milan where stabbing a foreigner is seen as a rite of passage for any hard wannabe...

The point I'm trying to make here is if you go into "dodgy areas" then things happen. I'd rather take my chance in Nana and Cowboy than the mean streets of Liverpool and Milan.

Shit happens...and when it does, no matter what precautions you've taken, you/we could all be victims.

Archived