Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

quote:

Swishtz;

What did you mean about Thermae being out of the loop? I haven't heard anything except that it's being closed at 0200 now. Something new happening?

What I meant was people used to wait for Thermae before settling down for the night with a friend. If Thermae is closing at 2am I think that is the end of that so picking girls up from there is no longer an option really, which means more power to the bars

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a similar problem with a G-Spot girl during my last trip to BKK. After agreeing to 1000 ST, she suddenly "demanded" 3000 after the fact. She made lots of noise when I flat-out refused and said I'd report her to the mamasan the next day, but she left eventually. Fortunately for me, I suppose, I didn't return to the G-Spot to complain. Count me in as a boycotter.

I think it's a very grim thing that happened to Rogerrabbit.

One thing I dont understand is what the hell posessed him to go back to the bar in the first place.

I also think it's a true fact that any red light area whereever it may be is going to attract a lot of slimy, dangerous, cut throat, violent thugs. Thats the nature of the skin trade.let this be a warning to everyone.

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

I am happy enough to *ask* the manager about it, but that is all I am prpared to do. We have a fairly healthy rapport so talking about it shouldn't pose a problem, but that is all I am prepared to do. I would put decent monmey on it that he doesnt even know about it. The Crown Group consists of seven bars and he has other business interests on top of this too so he is a very busy guy. I doubt if stories like this would get back to him.

Stick

OK, Stickman has volunteered to ask about it, which, IMHO, is a brave and nice gesture. After we get an answer, perhaps from Stickman's printed interview, or maybe an advanced answer on this forum, what are we going to do with it?

Is it sufficient to print an answer and let the forum members decide for themselves how to react? Maybe so, since there is much debate over the potential repercussions from an organized act such as a "boycott" or "sit-in."

I have never been to Thailand but have been in my share of shady areas with shady goings on. It is instinct for me to be VERY aware of what I am doing and what situation I am in. I tend to be overly conscious about who is around me all the time (looking at me, maybe pointing a discreet finger etc.) and make it a point to keep an eye on that person. If some one walks in to the bathroom of a strip joint I am instantly sizing them up while still peeing! I wonder why did you not (ROGER) turn around to see who was entering knowing the situation? Not that you were wrong in any of this but you have to be a little conscious of your surrondings especially when you have a beef in that particular bar. Actually I will pee in the bushes thank you very much if I must go in the bar at all. With that being said I am on your side RR. But be much more careful in the future.

MYKAL

LOS in September!!!!

An interesting thread!

I tend to believe ROGERRABBIT's original post as I recognise from my own experiances (which have admittedly been self inflicted and a lot less frequent and bad than they ought to have been) the feeling of frustration at being effectively powerless, (both physically at the time and later legally) - due largely to being unsure of what you have got yourself into, exactly who or what you are dealing with and consequently being unsure of the likely repurcussions of any action you may take - notwithstanding that your gut feeling is that you are infact only dealing with a Thai sh#t with no more clout than the average car park attendant.

Whilst one of the reasons I enjoy Thailand is the ability to "lose" myself in the crowd one of the disadvanatges of this is that many "freinds" you do make are ultimately little more than acquaintences / drinking buddies and unlike freinds of longstanding "back home" are either unable to or unwilling to risk backing you up when the sh#t hits the fan - usually because they do not know the whole story (indeed YOU often do not know / understand the whole story!) and you would have to be a good freind indeed and trust the other party completely to start getting involved in stuff which can have a large "downside" for themself. Although I am not an expat I would expect that this also applies as well as although "freindships" may be to a degree greater, the potential downside is also greater.

With regard to "group" retribution, whilst I like the idea of a ghost story - I think this runs the risk of making people too closely identified with this baord and raises the potential for uninvited trouble. I personally favour a boycott, expecially bearing in mind the drinks prices! and perhaps when you walk past G-Spot and the girls "invite" you in just look up at the name, smile, shake your head and say no thankyou - "I no like boxing, G-Spot too much trouble", and then just walk on rather than get into any arguments or discussions.

I appreciate however that in practice a boycott from the limited numbers on this board willing to particpate (or even remember about it after a few beers!) would probably have little, if any, effect, BUT THERE IS A PRINCIPAL HERE!............... (Somewhere, I think :-)

With regard to STICKMAN's interview with the head honcho of the group, I really do not see the point of raising this as I seriously doubt f#ck all will / can happen.

MY RECOMENDATION WHEN FACED WITH ANY TROUBLE IN A BAR IN THAILAND IS TO SAY THAT YOU ARE STICKMAN PI - AND WATCH THEM RUN AWAY IN TERROR.

TO PROVE WHO YOU ARE JUST TRY AND SELL THEM A DEAN BARRETT BOOK mad.gif" border="0

finally, with regard to flysonwall - you may not be familiar with the expression "if you can't say a good word about someone then don't say a bad one" - therefore i won't suggest you f#ck off.

dogeater,

It sounds as though you've yet to get into a disputed situation in Thailand, nor have you seen a farang who decided to fight get the living s##t kicked out of him by a bunch of Thai guys half his size. What may work in the western world does not work in Thailand.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by dogeater:

What I want to know is - why did you pay her a grand? I mean you did'nt get laid or recieve a bj, did you? And futhermore, if someone had slammed my head into the hopper wall I don't think I could of not have fought back!

-dogeater

Roger-

Sorry to hear about the incident. It sounds as if you are experienced enough and took some basic precautions and made an effort to spend some time to build rapport beforehand. I can't tell you how many times I just took a girl directly home and shagged her, maybe offering a little dinner on the way. And still very few negative experiences.

VIOLENCE IS BULLSHIT! BLACKMAIL IS BULLSHIT!

By the way, the Thai term for blackmail is BLAK-MAE.

It will be interesting to see how the Crown group manager replies to Stick's question. I agree with TWB that he should be given a printout of this entire thread several days in advance of the interview to see if he investigates what happened and finds anything out or takes any action beforehand. I would expect he would know nothing of it otherwise.

I would also support the general boycott of Crown group and Peesooah's idea of a sit in at G-spot (after management had been duly informed and given an opportunity to take action). This would certainly get some attention and would not be too risky or illegal IMHO. You could fill the place in groups of five on a Friday night between 20:30 and 22:00 and have everyone order one soft drink and nothing else. The loss of barfines and liquor receipts should be quite noticable. Bringing one local Thai or off duty cop as a witness would be a good idea. Everyone would have to be on good behavior, and a repeat one week later wouldn't hurt if no positive result the first time.

Yes to civil disobedience, no to violence or putting anyone else at risk. Expat community and sanukers unite! Give the Crown group one chance to make things right (i.e. girl fired/made to apologize/lose face and thug prosecuted/made to pay restitution) and then hit them where it hurts (the wallet). Otherwise they will just continue business as usual: rape the tourists and screw the rest.

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: luckyfarang ]

At least KS had balls of steel.

Maybe fugging with their minds would be problematic. I thought it would have been sanuk mak mak to tell tales of hearing a disembodied voice heard wailing plaintively, "boom, boom, boom, boom, I want you in my loom."

P'raps it would lead to reprimands and assassinations? Well I've seen JFK and I for one don't want to be a pastie.

I'll continue my boycott of a certain company's frozen foodstuffs. It's the least I can do, being a REMF several thousand miles away from the front line.

However, I do think that people should vote with their feet. Although that may lead to lots of spoiled ballot papers.

My girlfriend used to work in G-Spot, so I related RR's experience to her. While not disputing what happened, she did say that Thai men were not allowed in G-Spot except for the DJ. Her sister still works there and while talking with her on the phone last night, the GF told RR's story to her. The sister hadn't heard anything about the incident and believe me, these girls talk! Must not have been seen as a big deal to the employees at G-Spot if they are not gossiping about it, although I am sure it was a big deal to RR. The sister is going ask some of her waitress friends about it (NOT the girl in question) and I'll relay what she finds out. Would be nice to hear the "other side of the story", even though we are on RR's side on this one. Just for the record, I've been in this bar only once in the past 6 months and that was only to drop something off to the sister.

Ranger

Archived