Is Thailand a violent society

>>>"Bullets are cheap" as my mother says. <<<

'luk boen mai ki tang...'

yeah i have heard that phrase a few times during situations of conflict here. and often that is meant very serious.

'kamnan' is a district chief - above the puyaiban, and can wield tremendous power upcountry - lots of the godfather's have started that way, and still carry that title. most famous/infamous is kamnan po who controls the whole of the eastern seaboard.

a good and honest kamnan can help the people tremendously though.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, sorry, Mr. Fly. Are you German? Why I didn't realize that. My apologies to you, then. I certainly would not be referring to anyone on this board.

I guess since you were telling me elsewhere that I have experience with my brains on the floor, that must not be out of line, and I'll be sure to phrase my comments in similar terms instead. I thank you for illustrating proper usage for me.

big khaunha is how the\???? splll? Well again I understend his piiont but of course a well oiled exprestion? ohh eveyone had few pints, let it stand i say mods :neener:

I did apologize, and I'll do it again. Consider this the second apology. I certainly would not want him to be offended. I'll not even ask for one from him for his remarks elsewhere, because I am sure they were not meant in any malicious way.

>>>Well again I understend his piiont but of course a well oiled exprestion? <<<

lets be clear on that.

a good friend can jokingly say something like that to me during a friendly pisstake. but as we are here on a board where people from all nationalities are attending comments like this can be very insulting.

the war happened, the whole world knows that germany was wrong (including the vast majority of germans). but, just as an example here, my father was a soldier when he was 15 years old (not his choice!) and had to defend some stupid bridge at the end of the war, still carries a nervous tick in his face from those days. he might have very well shot some americans there, and some of his friends were killed by american soldiers. people in those days simply had to do that without having had much choice, my father's choice was not to be growing up in nazi germany, and he often wished that my grandfather would have emigrated after WW1 to newzealand.

we though have that choice, and carrying grudges over from the war, or using such arguments during a debate, is the most useless thing imaginable.

so, for you it might be well oiled - for me it is a bit too close home.

>>>Would it be possible for a farang to become a "god father" in Thailand?<<<

very difficult.

it would take years of living by the gun.

>>>Would the Chalerm family be considered a crime family?<<<

definately.

but that family has lost tremendous face, and because of that a lot of their powerbase during the recent scandals.

Archived