Asoke Plaza - 2 months til closing.

ultras67

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says ultras67:

I walked further towards Soi 23 and again was hit by the lack of TVs in the beer bars.

Keep looking Ultra. There are still plenty of transvestites in the area! :grinyes:

Do you think only the beer bars on the corner are going? I hope not Lolitas! :eek: That would suck! (or not, so to speak)

First of all it's refreshing to see that the owner of this land didn't choose the same strategy as Chuwit with his mob, when he erased the soi 10 area.

But at the other hand, also here people lose their business, and sometimes quite unexpected, like the new owners of Soi Dog, who 'bought' the bar in May and heard one month later they had to go. Bad luck, nah?

What I heard (but not first hand) is that the current owner plans to build a decent looking entertainment centre, starting in December this year, when all the old bars have to be empty. "Decent" businesses at the outside (Asoke, Sukhumvit), more new gogo's at the inside (entrance at soi 23).

Anybody with other info?

why so negative? this is a normal urban development as with the sky train and subway crossing, this vacant land becomes very interesting to develop. nothing to do with a entertainment crackdown. probably cowboy will also be affected.

plent of other beer bar areas left like queen's plaza, soi zero, around suk soi 15; and beerbars will spread in other areas as well. do not worry!

Says keith doug:

ARE THESE THE BEER BARS JUST BEFORE YOU ENTER SOICOWBOY

Hi kd,

The answer to your question is "yes". There has been talk of their disappearing for a while now but it seems like this time it is actually going to happen. As others have said, things move on. Try Soi 22.

In fact, there are beer bars on both sides of the old Clinton Plaza as well.

Khwai

Archived