what will she do?

Says khwaimaisabai:

Says jjsushi:

The child deserves to be registered at the embassy

Hi jj,

Can this be done if the farang father is not married to the Thai mother? Registration implies a right to citizenship, does it not? Maybe varies by country.

Khwai

As far as I know for a US citizen, yes but I am no expert in State Department procedures. I just know from personal experience that it is hard as hell for children from SE Asia with American fathers to obtain their citzenship if the father never took the proper measures when the child was born at the embassy.

The State Dept/Immigration puts a hell of an obstacle or burden of proof 18yrs later when the kid wants to go the US.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct on this. If the father registers the birth and obtains the "Report of Birth Abroad of an American Citizen", then no problems. Not sure what Thailand rules are on dual citizens, but many countries allow you to have both for life, and if not then what you don't tell one country won't hurt them;-)).

According to our firm's attorney the child support is not cut and dried either. You could get unlucky and piss off one of the "Deadbeat Dad" hunting organizations, but for the most part you have broken no US Law and finding a DA to go after you would be a pain. Largely whether you get stuck on the support issue depends on how much of your personal identifying info is known/shared.....

Smitty

A regular girl of mine in the scene has just told me I'm a father.

This lady is quite hot and a baby would be beautiful...the catch is she knows my girlfriend and knows of my plans to marry her. She has told me she will never tell my TGF or interfer with my plans to marry.

I just can say: OMG :banghead:

I?ve been there with my TGF almost exactly one year ago. We both were weighing the pros and cons of her having a baby and still being a student. She wanted to have the baby but I talked her into abortion. I know that some of you guys would never give this alternative any consideration but it?s definitely an alternative. I admit that after the abortion the relationship with my gf was a bit strained but she?s happy now that she agreed to do it. It was not an easy decision and both of us wouldn?t agree to do it a second time but since you are going to marry a Thai girl that?s perhaps the only logical way to proceed or you?ll have to pay for decades. ? Now guys, start flaming me for this advice.

>It was not an easy decision and both of us wouldn?t agree to do it a second time but since you are going to marry a Thai girl that?s perhaps the only logical way to proceed or you?ll have to pay for decades. ? Now guys, start flaming me for this advice.

I don't see anything wrong in your advice. Some may not like it as an option but it is definitely one of them.

Everything appears undesired here - the girl as a wife, the baby, the support for the baby...spilling into another area of SB's personal life - likely complications with another woman he has choosen to marry.

The decision to abort still haunts us sometimes. Just about 10 days ago (after NP?s meeting at Gulliver?s?) we were talking over dinner about having a baby. She wants to have one and I cannot and would not talk her out of it a second time. :angel: I promised her to be a good guy next time but I also mentioned that she would be better off if she waits until she finishes university. Reluctantly she agreed. :)

If you refuse to support her and the baby, any Thai lawyer would be able to contact your country's embassy and fix you up.

She would not have to pay anything for his services - all on you. Even if the lawyer has to travel to your country to meet your lawyer, you will be flying him biz class.

I don't know much about Thai law but I know a reasonable amount about UK law....

From a UK perspective I think she would be pissing in the wind, there is pretty much nill % chance of her claim being successful....

1/ Do they know your full name, address, your work place... if they don't how will they find out... will the Thai Lawyer pay private investigator fees out of his own pocket at 6000 baht per hour plus expenses?

2/Will the Thai Lawyer pay a UK Lawyer to carry out the UK end of the proceedings, if they can find you?

3/It is a civil matter, going to court even when both parties are in the same country is hard enough, let alone 6000 miles away with one party doesn't have a pot to piss in.

4/There is a good chance that the TG will have been a sexworker, little credibility as far as the family court is concerned...

5/ The level of child support in the UK would be set at what the child needs, ie by local Thai standards say 4000 baht per month...

6/ Lets say somehow the TG is successful, you pay 2 installments and then stop paying..... you have been made unemployed unfortunately.... you are in receipt of unemployment benefit.....

7/ In a nut shell it is just not possible for a TG to get child support from a farang in the UK...... the only scenario I can see is if she is a rich TG and is living in the UK... other than that there is no chance

STH

SkiBum,

nice to know I'm not the only one...

Just my opinion: don't do a runner, this would come back to you harder and at a time you aren't aware.

First and most important: tell your gf and future wife you might be a father. If it's a big deal for her better she splits now than after you're married, right. And she will find out. Better to admit, play the card that you are a sincere guy who is always loyal to family and kids. Not that it is true, but it sounds good in girls ears.

If the baby is really yours support it. Don't overdo, most of the money won't go to the kid anyway.

Wasn't there a thread of yours some month ago that you wanted a challange, getting a GTG pregnant and eventually marry her? Seems you're too much of a bum to stick to the plan. Well done my friend.

Carlton

Archived