How do I tell my family........

......that my girlfriend is a Thai prostitute....!!!!

Not that I ever intend to but I was just wondering how on earth one would deal with that situation if one had to.

My very elderly parents would probably have a heart attack and keel over and the rest of the family would probably just accept it but I dunno..........

Uniformguy :dunno: :dunno:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problems explaining to my parents what so many girls do over there. They do understand the attraction that tourists may have for such poor people, and as i described the psychology and set-up, they can see this is not your usual pimped drugged out, fallen angel strutting out her stuff in some decadent red light district straight out of a Fellini movie or a Paris seedy street.

I must say that my parents have never led their lives in a judgemnetal way towards others. Not their world out there, still they traveled enough to know what poverty is and make us proud of being born in a place where you can educate yourself and live your life with dignity. I probably will break up with my GF, because she just does not come up to the top of their toe, and would not even try. I may love Thailand, but i have not lost my mind. Sorry for the personal comment.

What would your parents view of you be? in that you are a client of Thai prostitutes. Their son who they nursed and nurtured paying economically disadvantaged women to suck his cock.....where did they go wrong :)

I'd worry more about their thoughts of your actions if you are to worry at all. although I personally am not bothered in the least..

STH

. Mothers know their boys are boys, fathers even more.

Your quite right " boys will be boys" however how many of us here are boys, under 25 or so... I think what worries most parents is that this behavour can't be never ending.... in their heart of hearts most parents would like to see their sons happily married... not whoring round Asia and dropping dead from cirosis of the liver at 54...

Additionally when ever HIV/AIDS is hyped up in the western media it gives mothers cause to worry...

With regards to marrying a Thai lady, most parents would be naturally suspicious ( as Thai parents would be ) once they judged the girl to be good and genuine no problem...

STH

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

Additionally when ever HIV/AIDS is hyped up in the western media it gives mothers cause to worry...

*sigh*

STH,

Just today on the news........ 15000 new HIV infected people each and every day worldwide...... each day !!!!!

You might want to re-read what you write before posting BS :) Hyped up ????? come on !!!!!!

Cheers !

[color:"red"]Additionally when ever HIV/AIDS is hyped up in the western media it gives mothers cause to worry...

[/color]

If I have a son, I would worry about him. The HIV/AIDS is more prevalent than many people think and the "protection" is NOT safe.

Have you heard about the women who know that they are HIV infected but stay in the industry anyhow?

Also, being a parent, one normally wants the children to be happy so with the reputation of Thai women, parents do worry and wonder. But what can ones do?

Jasmine

"I have no problems explaining to my parents what so many girls do over there. They do understand the attraction that tourists may have for such poor people"

my parents were navy folks and lived in Singapore for a number of years.

they went out and saw all the things going on.

when i first visited Thailand at the age of 40 i was worried about my Mum's thoughts of me seeing women of that persusion,but when i got a phonecall at home from a girl i admitted everything.

she waved their hands and smiled,she understood very well what i had done and had no problem with it.

since then she just asked if i had a good time and did i meet girls who treated me well?.

i can say yes to that point,many of the girls treated me VERY well.

BB,

i have realized lately that the take on hetero aids being a hype is quite propagated, and i also know that some members will not say that's what they think. Which is probably fair, in case they were wrong and would not feel like they were part of advocating unsafe habits.

There are numerous strains of AIds, some new to come up maybe. I personally do not think that every aids case in Africa is due to some guy having had anal sex with a girl, and i personally do not think that their bad health to begin with is also the only reason why they got infected in the millions. If anyone thinks "yeah, but that's Africa...", well, up to them....

Back to Pop and Mom...... :angel:

in their heart of hearts most parents would like to see their sons happily married...

------------------------------------

well, that goes for in their hearts, wishing that their grandkids had 2 parents living together. I am quite sure that parents who see their kids going thru a divorce, maybe a contentious one to boot, are feeling a lot of anxiety and pain. Talking about 100% farang wedded. No?

most parents would be naturally suspicious

----------------------------

Absolutely. Which is why I think a whore from St Denis St. in France or the tenderloin in SF would be a more serious worry than a BG from Issan. I put out my feelings earlier but i must say that all the marriages i know of thai/farangs are not based on an outrageous mismatch, and the problems are totally unrelated to the woman being a shame to the family. We have a few on this board too.....

Archived