How do I tell my family........

*sigh*

STH,

Just today on the news........ 15000 new HIV infected people each and every day worldwide...... each day !!!!!

You might want to re-read what you write before posting BS Hyped up ????? come on !!!!!!

Cheers !

BB,

I don't dispute the virus is out there, however I do stand by my comment that the western media gives HIV exposure well in excess of the virus impact...

Of those 15000 new cases BB, where are they, in Africa.... The reason I ask is that often in Africa people arent actually tested, merely if they have 8 out of 20 symptoms for more than a month etc they are diagnosed with HIV.... they are a lot of agencies, countries that have a vested interest in talking up the issue of HIV, why $$$$ of course....

As I said, the virus is there and reasonable precautions should be taken, there are many other affflictions which effect more people and they dont get a tenth of the exposure.

This is what I feel is wrong and its a shame people cant discuss this very important issue without being shouted down or having their comments labelled as bull shit.

STH

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear you STH but the reality and pertinent concern for a punter is that if he sticks his willy in a prostitutue he may catch HIV.

Punters can care less about Ebola, and West Nile Virus or the Common cold. A punters primary concern is if he has casual sex will he catch a deadly disease.

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

This is what I feel is wrong and its a shame people cant discuss this very important issue without being shouted down or having their comments labelled as bull shit.

I'm not....... but you take a very casual approach towards AIDS and you claim it is hyped up....... never read the postings of FOTW on the subject ????

Wake up, its all around you, not just with gays and in Africa ! you might be next.......

Cheers !

> Guys, can we keep the AIDS discussion out of here.

Ok.. so.. what if she has rabies? :-)

When we've already established that It's entirely pointless and impossible to explain the Thai nightlife scene to an outsider, why does it make sense to attempt this with your parents, and then about their future daughter in law no less?

Also it would embarrass your girlfriend/wife. What would be the point? Before working in a bar she was probably a student, farm worker, construction worker, gas station attendant, room maid, bus ticket collector, etc, etc, etc. What makes you think she would appreciate being called prostitute to her future parents in law???????

The 'cold honesty & truth' concept has truly taken on scary proportions among Westerners.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Last year, my mother and grandmother ventured to Thailand. Being big drinkers (runs in the family), we ventured to the bars whilst in Phuket. When the then GF pointed out the BG's were "on the game", they replied almost in unison... "They're not that bad. Seem to be really nice girls actually, up for a great time."

Says uniformguy:

......that my girlfriend is a Thai prostitute....!!!!

Not that I ever intend to but I was just wondering how on earth one would deal with that situation if one had to.

My very elderly parents would probably have a heart attack and keel over and the rest of the family would probably just accept it but I dunno..........

Uniformguy
:dunno:

S'pose we're all a bit different in our views.

For what it's worth,regarding the above post,mine is;

I have my life. She(wife) has hers.They(Parents) have theirs.

All adults.

My business is mine & mine alone.

Don't tell them.

IMH Only.

Simplistic...Yep

Don't mean to cause offence to anyone that disagrees. :bow:

Flyer.

Says uniformguy:

......that my girlfriend is a Thai prostitute....!!!!

Not that I ever intend to but I was just wondering how on earth one would deal with that situation if one had to.

My very elderly parents would probably have a heart attack and keel over and the rest of the family would probably just accept it but I dunno..........

Uniformguy

UG,

My problem was reverse.......... :( :( :(

My GF is what is called on this board a "GTG"...... I told my parents about her, and had to convince dad she was 'not' a prostitute.......

Meanwhile they have met here a few times and she comquered their hearts :)

Go figure...........

Cheers !

BB,

This is exactly what I've found here in Oz. Before my first trip overseas (4 years ago) I was seeing a Chinese student. We weren't really an item as she was leaving for uni soon, and I was heading overseas for a few years' sanuk. Yet all and sundry thought she was a hooker, or at least looking for a western husband. Even though she was living with my aunt. (Student accom)

Since travelling around, I've had 2 TGF's. Obvious assumptions were made as well.

Now, when asked by my (very inexperienced) family. I simply reply, "I certainly hope she's no hooker, I paid for a VIRGIN!" That usually shuts them up.

Archived