Are we losers?

mongatu

This post was inspired by the following quote from another thread, [color:"blue"] "Pity the fool that cannot attract a woman in his homeland and has to travel across the globe to marry one. Prostitute or non-prostitute, the people in your homeland think you are a loser." [/color] ( J.J. Sushi.)

Is this generally correct?

If so, does it matter?

Aside from whatever people back home might think, what do you think of others (or yourself), in this regard?

Personally, I couldn't care less what people back home might think, especially when I'm having a blast hanging out with a beautiful, young, relatively "g" (or not so "g") tg.

The simple fact is unless one is rich and famous, or incredibly lucky, one is not likely to get in a serious relationship with an attractive woman 25 years or so younger than oneself in one's home country (assuming it is in the West). I don't see as this makes me any kind of loser, if, in recognition of this unfortunate fact, I decide to go somewhere where things are different. On the contrary, most of the time I feel like quite a winner.

I respect those who are fortunate enough to be happy and satisfied with who or what they have in their home countries, but as to those who would condemn me for not being satisfied with the pitiful status quo for a guy in my situation at home, and for having the guts to do something about it rather than just veg out in front of the tv, frankly, imo, they just don't have a clue.

Of course there are dangers and risks . . . easy to get hurt, taken advantage of, and all that. But nothing risked, nothing gained. I think the ultimate prize, which for me would be a faithful, loving, young, beautiful wife (which I have yet to find, but have only recently begun to seek), is attainable in LOS and will ultimately be worth whatever crap I may experience at home. And, even if I never find her, I'll have had a great time anyway.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the quote but let me clarify the context in which the statement is made. My point is simply that for those who think that they are in some sort of superioir positon because they marry a non-prostitute vs a former BG, should consider that their condescending attitude is also shared by their countrymen who are married to the leggy blond farang chick who makes a six figure income and has a better education than any Thai chick.

Just as the farang who marries the "GTG" looks at the guy who marries a "BG" and comments "what a loser he took the easy way out, he married a BG" ; the farang who marries a farang chick looks at the guy who marries the GTG and comments "What a loser, he had to travel all the way to Asia to find a wife. I bet he couldn't even get laid until he went to Asia!".

Someone is always going to look at you as a loser. The question is should you care?

To answer your question, I don't think one can be a loser if he finds a woman he loves, regardless of her background. Happiness is in short supply in this world, so if you find yourself in a loving relationship, then you should enjoy it. Everyone else's opinion is pure manure if you are happy.

Guest lazyphil

<<To answer your question, I don't think one can be a loser if he finds a woman he loves, regardless of her background. Happiness is in short supply in this world, so if you find yourself in a loving relationship, then you should enjoy it. Everyone else's opinion is pure manure if you are happy>>

I think this should really put a lid on all this crap about gtg v bg.

<<should consider that their condescending attitude is also shared by their countrymen who are married to the leggy blond farang chick who makes a six figure income and has a better education than any Thai chick>>

A guy taking his Thai mrs home with some puffed up attitude developed in bkk towards guys who have married bg's are in for a major wake up call because in the ''great north', they couldn't care less about a Thai girl even if you think your mrs is some trophy to show off on your arm. Thats pathetic.

> because in the ''great north', they couldn't care less about a Thai girl even if you think your mrs is some trophy to show off on your arm. Thats pathetic.

Yep, how true. My (former) co-worker married a viet girl and got some problems. Japanese seem to be accepted though (prejudice: more developed, not being bought out of a catalogue etc.). Sad, but confirmed true.

and has to

----------------------

well, it's all there, and as B Clinton would say, depends what you mean by "has to".

What is a loser, BTW? for me, it's someone who tries and fails repeatedly. But that could be the case for a part of your life and not another. It can also be redeemed. G. Foreman was a loser ever since a certain night in Kinshasa, but by 45, he turned it around. Why? because he did not let society dictate who he was, instead used it in his advantage. Tyson, IMO, is a loser, though he clinched a lot of fame and titles, still falling in the same traps over and over again in his life. Someday, he will be 45 and maybe wiser. Now think of all the guys in their 40s and 50s who go to LOS.... They can heap up more shit or get a refreshing new look and outcome in their lives. Who's to say?

by their countrymen who are married to the leggy blond farang chick who makes a six figure income and has a better education than any Thai chick.

------------------------------------------

yeah, but what happened when a farang, happily married to an uneducated BG, lives next to a countryman going thru a devastating divorce with the 6 fig. chick? Who knows, maybe the one condescending guy may appreciate being invited over a few afternoons by the farang and wife, so he doesn't get lost in dark moods. And maybe, this may inspire him to take a trip to LOS, for ego repairing, and diversion from the pain. I think many on this board did that actually, and learnt, (if ever they needed to learn it) the value of not judging a man by the original status of his wife.

Guest lazyphil

Not really a problem, just the way IME how it is and I like it this way. Of course some may have their thoughts about a Thai/Falang and think we're losers but again IME I dont get too many sneers or sarcastic comments. The most negativity towards my situation is found here on the board!!....I dont think I'm a loser, but I found LOS p4p very addictive but after a while very unsatisfying. I guess it is pretty sad paying for a shag in any country but it can, in LOS lead you to a normal life via very abnormal environments. I think a lot of hatred (that?s what I?m thinking now) towards bgs married to falang found here from gtg endorsers (not that I wouldn?t endorse marrying a gtg, why would I?..shes Thai after all!!) is because of their own insecurities of how there are viewed. These guys need to grow up. IMO.

>>>The simple fact is unless one is rich and famous, or incredibly lucky, one is not likely to get in a serious relationship with an attractive woman 25 years or so younger than oneself in one's home country (assuming it is in the West). <<<

personally - i do not see the attraction of having a relationship with a girl that much younger, regardless of her being farang, thai or whatever. that's like being with my daughter.

especially if such different cultures come together a similar level of maturity is often the only thing which connects people.

Archived