Are we losers?

mongatu

Well this age thing seems to be real hang up with some people. And far more common coming from Farangs than from Asians. The question is...would you love your significant other if they were 10 or 20 years older than they are now. I believe most would answer yes without hesitation.

So if they are 10 or 20 years younger is the answer not the same. Yes, sometimes I wish my GF were older, not for maturity, but to save her the embarassment she endures, not from her friends, but from the narrow minded farangs we meet.

To me, anyone who needs to judge a relationship on the basis of age difference, has less maturity than most I know in LOS who are half their age. Judge not lest ye be judged.....not bad words to try and remember.

I stopped trying to psychoanalyse my relationships long ago. I really don't care what others may think, we know what we think and feel. I can only hope that others get to have a relationship as meaningful as I have. ( but, I guess they may have to do age screening first. :banghead:)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>So any of you chaps over 55 out there that feel it would be a 'sad' thing to have a girl half your age love you ?<<<

well, i am 35, and i am rather happy that i am loved by a women of exactly my age, a women i have a long history together with.

and on the topic of "sucessful". i don't know if that can be measured so easy. some think that being with a girl much younger is being sucessful, and thailand can give that illusion to almost everybody.

of course there are exceptions to everything, but i wonder how many old men here who are with young girls would be with them if there would not be an economical need on side of the girls (and an emotional one on side of the men)? the sugardaddy syndrom?

i am not yet 55, but i do pray that i won't have the need to be with a girl that much younger when (and if) i reach that age. not all men do. when my dad came to visit me here a few years ago, i was carefully asking him if he wants to have a look at the bars. he replied that he has not the slightest interest in that, and i was very proud of him at that moment.

>>>Oh dear! Because I'm an older chap, actually 42 years older than my 24 year old mia noi, I suppose that I should feel "sad?"<<<

and your "mia luang"? ever thought how she feels about that? does she know? and if, does she accept it? and if she does, does she because she just is scared of being alone?

i don't know, but i believe there are very egoistic forms of "happyness", and there is something called true happiness - and that is reached trying not to hurt others, and by honesty.

Fly,

I sincerely hope that you reach 55, and beyond, (and you're right that nothing is guaranteed in that regard). I also hope that you remain happily together with your Mrs. But, assuming you reach that age, I am willing to bet that by that time, your attitude will be a lot more tolerant and understanding towards older guys being seriously involved with younger women in non p4p relationships.

Best Regards

>>>Yes, sometimes I wish my GF were older, not for maturity, but to save her the embarassment she endures, not from her friends, but from the narrow minded farangs we meet.<<<

i think that at times it is not the best defense to go into an attack, especially if there is no need to defend anything. ;)

what i am doing is, is asking some questions which are a bit painful to answer. but i am answering similar questions to myself as well. that has nothing to do with psychoanalising my relationship, but with being honest with myself.

my own question would be why am i with a women who is clearly of a far lower educational background than me. many people have the theory that this might come from a fear of women of a similar educational background. i can only answer that the people who say that do have a very strong point there.

only thing is, that i am made that way, and can't escape my nature completely. and i have to be happy with whatever perks i have, try to make slight improvements of myself.

it's about being honest to oneself, accepting certain inescapable issues. no judgement.

>>>But, assuming you reach that age, I am willing to bet that by that time, your attitude will be a lot more tolerant and understanding towards older guys being seriously involved with younger women in non p4p relationships.<<<

i am very tolerant about that. my best friend is with a girl many years his junior. what i am doing is questioning motives. and what i am slightly intolerant (if that is the right word) towards is people not being honest to themselves. honesty can be a bit painful, but is necessary.

and that, by the way, i think is not depending on age at all. ;)

[color:"blue"]but i do pray that i won't have the need to be with a girl that much younger when (and if) i reach that age. not all men do. [/color]

it is not a 'Need" Flyw, sometimes it just happens. Life cannot always be predicted by sets of prescibed standards. You certainly do understand that.

I don't set out to find 'young' girlfriends. My previous one in LOS was over 40....... so I guess that might be 'acceptable'.

[color:"blue"] of course there are exceptions to everything, but i wonder how many old men here who are with young girls would be with them if there would not be an economical need on side of the girls (and an emotional one on side of the men)? the sugardaddy syndrom?

[/color]

there are probably many that fit that category......I just happen to be that exception. And since I cannot know anyone's reality except my own, I must deal with it, and the expectations that, despite my reality, I will be lumped in with all the rest. So be it.

I stopped trying to psychoanalyse my relationships long ago. I really don't care what others may think, we know what we think and feel. I can only hope that others get to have a relationship as meaningful as I have. ( but, I guess they may have to do age screening first. )

Hi LL

Well said. :bow: :bow:

My wife is way younger than me ...just the way it is.

When i took her to introduce her to my parents..my mom said wow she is beautifull and looks 16 :doah:

we get a few looks..i just smile back thinking to myself..ha ha i have and you do not :angel:

I have sex in Thailand with women i woudn't deam of being able to get anywhere else as i am in my mid forties.

I do not want to marry these women or form long tern relationships with them but i do like to have sex with them.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with that and i do not consider myself a loser.

I could enter into a relationship with a western women of my own age but i do not want to.

I do not want the emotional committment as i have been divorced and have teenage kids i do not want to take on anyone on a full time basis at the moment.

Prostitiution offers me an outlet for my sexual needs without the worry of long term emotional ties.

I have absolutely no problem to answer any intelligent thoughful question with as much honesty as I know possible. But I resent certain attitudes, which you have never shown to me BTW

1 - the people who ask a question and really don't want to hear the answer. If a question is sincerely asked, then the answer must be likewise accepted. If it leads to another question fine...but most often the questions are not sincere simply a bait for the questioner to use in order justify their own position. If the retort to your sincere answer begins with "But....." then there never was a real question.

as a master once said, " if you wish to teach, stand up and speak, if you wish to learn... shut up and listen "

2. Those you talk the answer and basically say "sure, buddy".

Effectively calling you a liar, but without the cojones to say it to your face. Thiose are the ones I occcaisionally like to hunt down. :grinyes:

Yes, Flyw we are all works in progress....that is why the gods invented time......so it doesn't all happen at once. so the good the bad and indifferent can differentiated,

:beer:

Archived