Poseidon for a Night III - tried a Model

BrownFox77

Says El_Tel:

Interesting post.

A few questions though.

What's the reasoning behind the farang surcharge? Do they think we have more money than the Asian customers or is it to deter farangs?

Why do some of the smaller girls not go with farang? Is it merely due to the girl thinking the farang will be too big for her?

What's the attitude towards farang from the Asian customers?

It was earlier said that these places were not 'farang-friendly'.

El_Tel,

Hopefully some of the more Poseidon Savvy members like LaoHuli and Tokbet will reply as they have much more experience here than I. But from what I've seen anyway:

-I think the Falang surcharge IS due to our perceived SIZE (more wear and tear on the "equipment?")

-In my little experience there so far it seems they really DON'T see very many Falangs in there (as I mentioned I was the 1st Falang this Fishbowl girl ever had), and I suspect the smaller girls do have a fear we are too big for them.

-I didn't experience ANY animosity from any of the Asain guys in there whatsoever, on the contrary, the few I bumped into were quite friendly (could be due to the high cost there these guys generally are from a higher class and education level, etc). OTOH, I HAVE experienced some animosity from Asain guys in places like RB2 or Baccara on occasions (as though I were intruding in THEIR place).

-I don't think I would characterize Poseidon as not Falang Friendly, but rather would say that some of the Models there are indeed either Falang shy or just plain prejudiced. I'd say I was VERY much welcomed on the 2nd floor without question however that 3rd floor's a bit enigmatic, one indeed may have to play the game as described by LaoHuli and Tokbet and spend some time (and Baht) to get to know the mamasans there to be fully accepted, however even then I suspect they'll be certain girls you may not be able to get. Nonethelss with a little luck and the right timing I think even 1st timers can do well such as happened with SkiBum and myself.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love it and you did well, by going early. Well done and good to hear you liked it. I have been to Cupidy ( Makasan) last Wednesday night, arround 9pm, and the place was packed. Even no outside parking ( which is better anyway). Lots and lots of Asians (no Thai's) were in front of the fishbowl. Paid my Singha and left. I need to try Posedion though, but not today, on a Friday night. Thanks for sharing. Cheers :beer:

Says BrownFox77:

-I think the Falang surcharge IS due to our perceived SIZE (more wear and tear on the "equipment?")

That's the line they will quote you, but I think the real reason is for more of a Farang deterrant. There is one place (Caesers) that actually charges 4000B for Farangs vs. 1900B for Asians. Most of the other places (except for Nataree) impose a 500B-1000B surcharge. That's why I usually stick to Nataree or CP2 as neither of these places ever overcharge or double price.

Ranger

Says Old Hippie:

What does a regular fishbowl girl run? and what tip is expected?

For the Fishbowl girl cost was 2500 baht, and it had to be paid up front -actually, even in the Model Lounge you also had to pay before going to your room.

I don't know what tip is expected, I gave the Fishbowl girl 600 Baht and the Model I gave 700 baht as a tip. They each seemed happy with it and I really could not tell you if I over tipped or under tipped.

I did read somewhere that who really needs to be tipped however is the Mamasan or Papasan to help you out on future visits (at least in the Model Lounge). I did tip the Mamasan in the Model Lounge (after bringing my Goddess) about 200 Baht if I recall.

Says Ranger:

[quote=BrownFox77 That's why I usually stick to Nataree or CP2 as neither of these places ever overcharge or double price.

Ranger

Glad to hear CP2 doesn't have a Surcharge. That's another place I really wanted to go this past trip but just ran out of time. I still have this one issue of Thai Penthouse where they had a nice Ad for CP2 and if the photos in the Ad could be believed, they had some really nice looking girls there.

Great post!

Enjoyed re-living my experience again with your words.

You will enjoy the other MP on Ratchada too. One of the best ways to take in this scene is to stay at the Emerald hotel. You can book a deluxe room from many travel agencies for around 1500 bht. Make sure to stay in the first tower. Planet Holiday offers a 2800bht suite at the Emerald hotel. The 1st tower has a 10+ story atrium in it's center with a lagoon and fish swimming at it's base...a bonus for many suite and Jr. Suites. The deluxe and run of the mill rooms are positioned on the street sides...with some suites positioned on these sides too.

To the right of Emerald on Ratchada is the Model club and a mixture of thai venues...a few massage joints and restaurants. To the left is Subway 1 and all the fun right down to where P2000 sits. You can BF girls from the thai massage and oil venues after 11 I believe. I've seen several Asian Business guys do this. They tend to buy them out in groups of four or more. The best is to hit the massage joints early for some great thai massage at 200 to 250 or oil from 400 to 600 bht for 2 hours. Then hit nataree for a double header at 2600 for 2 girls. You can get yourself a fine work-out here. I'm gonna stop...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of other points about P2000 like where the hell is this door you spoke of? The third floor has 2 or 3 bars which bar? Surcharge it sucks...but we are larger and spread them we do...thai men hate this, I bet!

On exaggeration: We all have different ideas, expectations and rankings. I'm happy to see that others experience similar things as I do. If your experiences are always questioned by others what is that...I say STFU...nobody asked you! Either you believe or don't...up too you. I try and enjoy myself without a single limit...I want to party and be the "Rock Star"...I do...then the stories show how outrageous my time was. I enjoy losing myself in LOS...I forget everything...time, date, month, girls, money, work, family, everything and go completely crazy! Up to you if you believe or don't. It's like telling someone who has never been to LOS about your time spent and being called a liar as no place on earth could ever be that good!

By the way, BF have a great time re-living all the wonderful acts you engaged in, relish and treasure each. Smell, taste, partake...

SB

Says SkiBum:

Great post!

Enjoyed re-living my experience again with your words.

By the way, BF have a great time re-living all the wonderful acts you engaged in, relish and treasure each. Smell, taste, partake...

SB

SkiBum,

Still have you to thank for my Poseidon trips, it was your original Poseidon post that made me decide to finally make time to check out Poseidon - very gld I did.

A double header after a 2 hour Oil sounds like a good way to start the day off! I recall seeing that Model Club in the Taxi when leaving Poseidon and it looked quite inviting, I wasn't sure if a lot of those places even allowed Falangs in.

That Emerald Hotel looks very nice, might be a nice to place to stay especially once the MP "crackdown" is over and they open early again.

Don't know if you saw the special on Hugh Heftner's 75th birthday (at the Playboy Mansion) about a year back. Although 75 he said the last few years of his life had been the best (speaking with 2 ever present (near naked) stunners on each arm). Well the City of Angels is my Playboy Mansion, and having discovered Poseidon and the Ratchada MPs is like having found a whole new unexplored Wing in my Mansion.

Like you I go all out during my trips in LOS, although nearly 50 and not having the "power" I once had, I often go for multiple girls per day and somehow the power "comes back" (oh, a little Caverta helps too, especially during extended ops). Although I managed to read several novels while in LOS, I also drink every day, stay up late each night, and even arrive back home only hours before I have to show up for work! But you know what my co-workers all said when they saw me show up at work, "Wow, you look so much younger" - I think I've learned one of Heftner's secrets!

Since I've been back there's moments each day when I just start smiling, recalling one of my many great experiences in LOS, where each day was a new adventure, and no one can take those memories away. :D:p ::

Archived