New Business for TGF

camerashy

Says whosyourdaddy:

One thing you could think of is exporting them. But many countries require the fish to be aquarium breed not wild fish so it would take some set up.

If she is not a fish expert is going to be a uphill battle with a lot of trial and error. If she goes ahead with it PM and I may be able to lend a hand.

In a similar vein, met a chap who raises butterflies and exports them all over the world to zoos, arboritums, hotels and private collectors. Does a grat business and since his 'products' have a short expiry date, is guaranteed repeat orders.

But as you say, expertise, yours or hired is critical.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir,

instead of selling fish I would consider selling elephants because they are easier to move around. This is a really VERY GOOD joke and now comes my precious proposal :

Would I have a girlfriend based in Bangkok ( :nono: ) I would make her selling fake goods somewhere on the road. Yeeeeees I know there are a million around already but the profit for a one-person business is still more than sufficient. Most of them tourists have no idea what a fake Armani T-shirt is really worth and will not find out during their 14 days holidays. 1 Lolex sold per day would already be a nice deal. I have no final knowledge about the local environment about police, mafia etc . The 2 ladies who are my appointed suppliers drive Toyta Landcruiser and Isuzu pickup , must come from somewhere.

Bbill , business development

Bill, can Farangs do this too? I mean they already speak the language and tourists won't be so suspicious as they would with a Thai girl selling her rolex.

If so there is this guy moving to Thailand in November.........................

Long johns can be found at the World Trade Center and fishies can be had on Thong Lo, not far from Sukhumvit. Walking up Thong Lo, it's on the right hand side right after Thong Lo takes a slight bend to the right.

Personally, I suggest high quality lingerie, but I'm partial.

<<burp>>

Hello there, I keep tropical fish and also marine. I have my own reef. If she has no experience of keeping fish then its the one business she should avoid.

Like a previous poster alluded to fish die, if you are not 100% accurate with marine and most tropical fish they will all die, thats guaranteed you have to be accurate with the oxidation, nitrogen, PH and much much more. eg with marine fish the water has to be prepared a good 4 weeks prior to putting the fish in.

My tank is 64 gallons with rock displacement factored in, looking after the reef and its inhabitants is a semi full time job and indeed has interferred with LOS visits.

Without being unkind to your girlfriend, it is a very very bad business idea.Sure money can be made but its made by those that have a good decade or two of experience.

Tell her to open up a small restaurant. People always need to eat.

STH

Says camerashy:

...So my question is - what sort of business would you suggest I try to steer her towards? Is there anything comparatively safe that could be started up with a minimum of capital...?

There's an obvious answer to that :hubba: but business at Soi 7 beergarden seemed a little slack last time I was there: definitely a 'buyer's market', with more supply than demand on show. :( Might be worth a spin as a 'stop-gap' measure, though till you can set the gal to task earning your beer vouchers ;) at something more profitable. :up:

As for aquarium fish, I wouldn't bother, mate. :nono: I bought a few cheaply at Chatachuk once and took them to my BGs apartment as a surprise gift. :) But I wouldn't do so again. Honestly, they were tough as boot leather and full of bones, even though I'd gently sauteed them in some garlic butter I found at Foodland. Made a change from spicy Thai food, but hardly worth the effort. :dunno:

Hope that's helpful. ::

jack :help:

Archived