Very disappointed in Angel Witch

PhatPhak

PP, not necessarily addressed to you and I hope this isn't diverting the thread too much, but what do you think the ratio is of tourists to regional/local expats is in AW? I can't believe AW can advertise to easily get first time tourists to visit. It seems to me that AW's populatity has to do with word of mouth. A tourist may know to go to NEP, but why AW as opposed to one of the other big bars. Furthermore, I doubt many tourists are buying bottles.

My point is, if they piss off the regulars, I can't believe their business would sustain itself.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Opening a bottle is almost purely an ex-pat or frequent come to Thailand move. Few one shot tourists or relative newbees would even consider such a move IMHO.

This is very true. In a bar in Pattaya I might consider buying a bottle, at least if I'm there with some friends. In BKK however I only stay for a couple of days. During these days I want to visit many bars so buying a bottle would be a bad move if I want my money's worth.

regards

ALHOLK

>She asked for 1500 ST, I countered with 1k, she accepted.

and

>Tried to get her to go after closing, to avoid bf

So, lets see. You stiffed the girl, tried to stiff the bar, and wonder why you did not have a good time....hmm. Connection maybe?

>may go back in a few months, to nurse ONE fruit juice drink

wow. Bet they really throw the boat out for you next time as well.

-j-

Second most overrated go-go: Long Gun, SC, oh wait they changed their bar name right? Forgot what it is...

Anyways, both are "word-of-mouth" winners with tourists. Both are constantly packed. Expats have no clue as to why that's so, it's not like they have the best bargirls or attitudes... ::

Says josh_ingu:

>She asked for 1500 ST, I countered with 1k, she accepted.

and

>Tried to get her to go after closing, to avoid bf

So, lets see. You stiffed the girl, tried to stiff the bar, and wonder why you did not have a good time....hmm. Connection maybe?

>may go back in a few months, to nurse ONE fruit juice drink

wow. Bet they really throw the boat out for you next time as well.

-j-

First, if you read what I said, you would know that I didn't "stiff" the girl. I negotiated price with her in the club, before paying bf, before she agreed to leave with me. Perhaps I didn't make that clear. Paying what I agreed to pay is not stiffing whether it's 200 baht or 2000 baht for ST. The mixed experience came from the gal--not the club, when in the middle of intercourse she looked me in the eye and tried to raise her price back to the original amount.

Secondly, I am unaware of any obligation, legal, moral, or otherwise that requires me to blindly pay a barfine. I can find better uses for my 600 baht. In this case, I wanted the girl enough, so I paid it. You may have a valid point practially speaking, however. BF is part of the pricing structure for a reason. Besides, if I don't want to pay bf, other bars/FL venues do exist.

Admittedly, it is worth nothing that over time, if enough guys successfully got gals to go with them after hours, the bars would have to raise drink prices or find other ways to enhance revenue. Indoor clubs with their salaries, sound/lighting systems, and A/C almost certainly have high overheads. Hence the bar fine quota. On the whole, trying to weasle out of bf puts pressure on the bar and girl, destabilizing things. The fallout wouldn't be good for the punter either. Just not good in the aggregrate. I don't know the market here, but just to speculate, perhaps there is a small % of clubs making a killing, a bigger % failing miserably, and the bulk of the rest making acceptable margins. That is the norm for a mature market. I do wonder though what kinds of profits the successful clubs make. If I knew, I wonder if I would be more/less sympathetic. From an entrepreneurial standpoint, barely getting by gives a very uneasy feeling--can make it hard to sleep at night.

I'm not saying it was right for the girl to try to renegotiate with you, but I think you should expect this to happen from time to time when you negotiate below the going rate and try to circumvent the barfine (which also comes out of the girl's bottom line). You reap what you sow, and all that...

If you want the girl to act professionally, you might try negotiating something more in line with her expectations, or not negotiating at all, and paying her an amount she won't scoff at (this works for me). Otherwise, don't complain.

And shame on you for providing a non-working television :nono:

Says Old Hippie:

1000THB is the going rate for a S/T...

OH is spot on. The girls may quote you 1,500 but she negotiating with you and any good negotiator opens with a high bid.

1000 baht is fair payment for a couple of hours of the girls time. Plus she may get a share of the bar fine, and lady drinks you bought her and any other benefit you may give her.

Paying girls more than you need to will only lead to a rise in prices.

SD.

There is absolutely no such thing as the going rate for S/T.

Boards like this one who represent a tiny minority of the punters at the lower paying end of the market might think they can price fix or whatever but in the grand scheme of things you really do not count.

The guy who had the shite time got what he deserved and if he was as anal with the girl as on here about the whole thing i am surprised she even got into bed with him.

As for AW it must have fallen a long way rather quickly because it was only back in February when Khun Sanuk was on the stage presenting Matt woith awards - not many guys have changed on here since then so it was you lot who voted for it.

Given the spending habits of the posters on this board evidenced by the posts I am sure no Go Go bar really worries what the customers from here think - as I said a drop in the ocean to most bars

Archived