Very disappointed in Angel Witch

PhatPhak

And this is why 90% of the expats here hate NEP with a passion now and will not go here. A recent survey on another more expat oriented board had NEP coming in behind the former Soi10 and CEP bars even tho' those are gone (yes, everyone knew that when voting) ::. Even behind having a beer at the local som tam stall!

No one begrudges anyone making a profit, but not an outrageous one. And not at the expense of regular customers. :down:

NEP now has the lowest costs of all (no showing, so no extra $$ for the girls and no extra bribes to the MiB) and the highest prices (B125 drinks, B600+ bar fines) and girls who are cold and hard (some exceptions). :dunno:

OK, finished bitching now. I just vote with my feet. You will only ever see me in NEP of a couple of beers early with some tourist friends and it off to other venues for me. :drunk:

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, angelwitch is the most overrated go-go bar in bangkok. After seeing the show once, it is nice, but after it's whatever... A go-go's main draw is the selection of whores, period. Staff and ambiance is a factor as well and angelwitch fail fucking miserable on both accounts. Anyone see those damn "welcome whores" literally shoving and pushing farangs into the bar? And I'm not talking in a nice/good way neither.

RE AW, I read many complaints, especially about the Lady-Boys being very rude to customers. Nanaplaza is not my place anyway, so I don't care too much (high prices/ no showing/ questionable attitudes/ if you know one bar, you know every one (afaik, almost every bar has the same owner, AW is the only exception)). There are much better places around (e.g. SC or the better freelance-places).

I do not necessarily disagree that it is over-rated. I do believe that their success is in packaging. By that, I mean the uniforms and the show (whilst old for us expats, it is still the best in the Kingdom). But yer right, the girls are no better looking than any other bar. The attitude is about 65-35 (good-poor) for me, but I know quite a few of the girls, the owner & mamasan.

I do not have any problem with the hello girls/things anywhere. Just say smile and no (in Thai). If they grab me, I smile/grimace, give an "evil eye" look, shake my head and a sharp "mai aow". Usually get a wai and sometimes even a "kor toht ka", too.

One has to understand Thai levels of society, how to act and act as such it you want to be treated as a local would be. Using the same logic, I *never* return a wai by a server or bar girl. Not appropriate. A smile and a slight head nod will do. Proper enuciation of your Thai (it's "krap", not "kup" or worse, "ka"!) and the use of proper words also are necessary (i.e., do not use "wa!" when "na!" is the correct word -- why be vulgar as you are at a higher level of society). It serves to let those around you know that you *do* know the score. Of course if you are a tourist it won't matter and you really will not know the difference anyway.

IMHO, it's all attitude. Yes, the majority of the girls who work in these bars are whores by definition. But I find that word distastful and those who use it to have a certain unpleasent attitude towards women that reflects upon them and in their conversations with these girls. In any language people can sense if you do not like them or are just blatantly using them. Like they say in computerland: garbage in = garbage out. If you do not fit my stereotype above, I apologize.

Call me preachy, call me a wanker or call me right, I don't care. That's what works for me and all who know me seem to think I get along in society pretty well.

Now let's drink :beer:. I'll be at AW early tonight meeting Peter 1964. We will be at me usual command center: LH side going in, last booth on the lower level nearest the bar.

Regards,

SD

Using the same logic, I *never* return a wai by a server or bar girl.

You sir, are right on all counts! It's retarded seeing farangs almost quadruple a bg's age waiing them. It's fucked up on so many levels and perpetuates the farang baa idea.

You see farangs waiing whores or speaking bargirl Thai in an attempt to show that "they know wassup" with the culture, when in reality, they look like a middle aged white banker slinging ghetto-speak in Hunter's Point, SF.

>I won?t be back unless friends are in from out of town

That?s all these kind of bars expect anyway. I just visit likewise to show newbies occasionally. I?d feel like a chump otherwise getting ripped off at their prices and treated by the staff they way they do here. Worth a look see for the shows and breast jobs but hardly a place to call your regular.

Glad to see your post. I was specifically looking for such a post--to save me from having to create a new one or post to an older Angel Witch thread. Was in there last night, and had a very mixed experience. No problem with the club, but the gal I took needs a personality adjustment. Hookers should be "people persons". This one was not.

Had just finished eating at Winchester and wasn't planning on hitting a club, much less taking a gal. But you know how it goes...sigh....Passed by Angel Witch, read all the good reviews here, and had to go in.

Being my first visit there, was glad to see most of the gals were fairly cute, a number of them on the "do-able" list for me. Had it explained to me that butterflying is no problem in there. Also enjoyed the show. Sensual performers, good costume, lighting, etc...At any rate, for me, if I'm going to sit with a gal for more than a few minutes, I'll definitely pay for one or two lady drinks. They're there to make money, may have drink quotas, and assuming they don't run off, it gives me time to decide if I want to take them ST.

The waitresses were a bit "overly-attentive" in checking my glass, but not so much so that it put me off. But then again, I was in a good mood. I wasn't approached my a bunch of gals hounding me for drinks, such as in After Skool, or so many other places. Barfine was 600 though. Never paid bf before. I'm new here, and have done after hours, freelancer, etc...so no bf.

Well, her ass totally caught my eye. And her ability to spread those legs so far was the clincher. Well, that and her rubbing my cock, nibbling on my ear, etc...sigh...

She asked for 1500 ST, I countered with 1k, she accepted. Tried to get her to go after closing, to avoid bf, but I think she said "boss no like", s perhaps she has quota, not sure. So I paid 600 to the club. Really don't think I'll do that kind of thing often--just no need for bf with all the available pussy out there.

Off we go. So far, so good. She could have been a little better with her hands, virtually all women under-utilize them IMO. Had her turn off her cell phone, no problem. She tried to turn on the tv at the hotel. I would have stopped her, but she said she wanted to see sexy movie. Who am I to deny a woman her desire? But the tv wouldn't work. So, down to business. Then she started fucking up--pretty badly for a professional. She started (as we were "in-copulous") to talk--a definite mistake for a woman, unless it's about all the filthy nasty disgusting stuff that my cock is doing to her. She mentioned that other men pay 1500 for ST, and that I should pay it too. After I mentioning that she already agreed to 1k, she countered with 1300--this bitch lacks long-term thinking skills. Yes, she may get a "one-time" customer to pay it, but any chance of a customer becoming a repeat is totally dashed. Of course, the vast majority may be one-timers anyway, but it's just bad practice. Also, many guys may go ballistic at that kind of mistake. To extort money when a man is at his sexually most vulnerable is viscious. It can kill a guys momentum. She got the hint eventually, and dropped it. Had she kept it up, I would have gotten dressed, and seen the mammasan tonight for a talk.

Second mistake was talking bad about her customers. "They stupid because..." ..."he spend 10,000 baht on me for dinner, flowers, etc...he should have just given me the money...". This might be good information to know about a woman's tastes, but not suitable for a first-time customer. I don't want to hear about her disdain for her customers--me being the most recent.

Anyway, may go back in a few months, to nurse ONE fruit juice drink, and watch a show--if they've changed it. But if I want more, I'll hit a freelancer or Soi Cowboy. Thanks to this board's sponsors for lettting me get that off my chest. Thought ya'll might want to know too.

Later

On my trip, I also did not like AW. I did not like the girls attitudes, I did not like the madasum, I did not like the girls outside, I did not like the girl I bar fined who wanted to go back to AW ASAP (you know those clock watchers wearing the gold).

I would not go back :down:

On a more positive note, I would retrun to Playskool. Even with 135 baht drinks and 600 baht bar fines. Both ladies I barfined were pretty and did a good job. :up:

Rug

Wow, didn't realize there was such an undercurrent of resentment out there for AW.

I do have to disagree with a couple of folks on the "business concept". Opening a bottle is almost purely an ex-pat or frequent come to Thailand move. Few one shot tourists or relative newbees would even consider such a move IMHO. So basically, it is just pissing of those who frequent the scene.

Says jjsushi:

You will pay 2000bt for a bottle of whisky in a go-go bar because you WANT IT. Your there to party and have a good time. Overpriced goods will not be an obstacle. The bar owner knows you will PAY IT!

I think the point here is if the poster had known they were charging top price and not giving flavoured mixers he wouldn't have wanted it. Also I bet he never buys another one there.

So which is better for business make a few extra baht on one bottle or sell this guy a second bottle at some point in the future?

Archived