Very disappointed in Angel Witch

PhatPhak

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that's true in AW anymore, what with a showgirl or two getting three times that. I could very well be wrong. Regardless, it was two thirds of what the girl was looking for (and I guess she wrongly thought she could get the difference back later), and on top of that he didn't want to pay her barfine. Do you think this could have planted some negative thoughts in the girl's mind about him? :dunno: I think there is no coincidence that the majority of complaints I read here about bargirls' attitudes concern money (or lack of it).

What I am trying to say is that his actions set the tone for what happened later. If he doesn't want money to be an issue, then he shouldn't make it one in the first place. At least he should not be surprised to get a bargirl with a bad attitude once in a while.

To each his own but, if you don't want the aggravation, there are other ways of playing the game. I'd prefer to take the path of least resistance, ie. buying drinks, not discussing money and paying them something reasonable (to their expectation) the next day. For me, it just wouldn't be any fun haggling with a bargirl (as I might with a street vendor), and I wouldn't get any satisfaction out of having obtained the lowest price (as I might from a car dealer). I'm not trying to preach, other than to say that you generally get what you pay for. :angel:

Says Prakanong2002:

There is absolutely no such thing as the going rate for S/T.

Boards like this one who represent a tiny minority of the punters at the lower paying end of the market might think they can price fix or whatever but in the grand scheme of things you really do not count.

The guy who had the shite time got what he deserved and if he was as anal with the girl as on here about the whole thing i am surprised she even got into bed with him.

As for AW it must have fallen a long way rather quickly because it was only back in February when Khun Sanuk was on the stage presenting Matt woith awards - not many guys have changed on here since then so it was you lot who voted for it.

Given the spending habits of the posters on this board evidenced by the posts I am sure no Go Go bar really worries what the customers from here think - as I said a drop in the ocean to most bars

By definition, their must be an average or "going" rate for ST, LT and every other time.

The girls may want the earth but if they agree a price, you expect them to keep their side of the contract. If they don't throw them out.

However, a caveat. Time spend sorting out the financial side is good practice and establishes rapport. In the scenario in question, I would have said 1k and stated that a good tip was available for good performance. That way, it is up to her to go the extra yard. This I do to all take aways.

On the subject of avoiding the barfine, lets get one thing clear. If you go into a go-go for a take away, you "know" the barfine will be in the range of Bt500/600. So why go there if you're not willing to pay ? I don't like the barfine system and it is getting out of hand but it is bad form to try and get out of it and it embarasses the girl, particularly as they get 25% of it. You might as well have "Cheap Charlie" tattooed on your head.

I could take umbrage at you comment that the board members represent "punters at the lower paying end of the market" but fuck it. All we do is discuss various options and whilst we surely do come from all income levels, no-one likes to get screwed or turn up at a bar short changed and this board particularly helps those who are not familiar with the scene or who travel to LOS infrequently.

Hi,

"I could take umbrage at you comment that the board members represent "punters at the lower paying end of the market" but fuck it."

I too would like to know how Prakanong2002 came to this conclusion. There are some 2,000+ active readers here, and a HUGE diversity in viewpoints.

As for the current topic, the girl was IMHO *way* out of line. She agreed to the conditions and her renegotiating was very bad form.

I almost certainly would have kicked her out right then and there and would have given the mamasan an earful as well.

A girl showing this much disrespect to a customer in the Thai scene would be looking for a new job.

Sanuk!

Says JaiGuruDev:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

1000 baht is fair payment for a couple of hours of the girls time.

Maybe no. If the punter was one of the great unwashed, the BG should be entitled to an uplift. Maybe she didn't realize how repulsive the guy was until she got into close quarters with him.

Speaking from personal experience? :neener::devil:

I gotta agree with KS, here. If she didn't like the deal, then she should not have taken it. They had a verbal contract, at a set amount. For her to want to open up new negotiations, while they are in the middle of sex, would have resulted in a free pass to the front door, if it were me.

As far as bypassing the barfine, that is a little different. If she is seen with you after work has finished, without a resulting B/F for the bar, she could get fired. That is why you don't see the girls all head into Nana carpark at 2am. A lot of backstabbing by the girls in the bar, and she could have easily been see by another employee later that night, who she might not be on good terms with, and gotten turned in. If you are going to do that, then give her your phone number, or room number, and let her seek you out alone. But then you may also be sitting alone in your room all night, waiting for her. ::

HT

Last night I went to AW. SUADUM has kindly showed me some new bar(s) and introduced me to some of the special girl(s) :up::beer:.

AW has *some* very special girls (well, I don't have to mention nicknames ;) ) and as with every special girl, they sometimes tend to have an attitude and defintely have a character. If you go in a bar like this, try to get one of the special girls without paying the bf and try paying her below the going rate, what do you expect? Of course she will bitch! They have many customers already waiting.

IMO, this is a good bar with special girls, may be not a bar for the first timer or for the cheap charly. If you walk in, be prepared to pay some LD's, be prepared to expect some odds (e.g. girls walking away 20 secs after you bought her a ld; no problem, simply wave the next one), be prepared to pay the going rate and you will have a very good time and lots of fun, you can hardly find when watching a good movie. IMO, if you are on a budget or thin skinned when it comes to customer relations, may be it is better to go somewhere else. This is just MHO.

Not particualrly addressed to High Thaied,

Why do many folks here seem to assume that there is a code of practise whether it is a "going rate" (god I hate that term) or the way the girl/customer should behave.

Believe it or not, even if a price was agreed in the bar, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that somebody may wish to re-nogotiate at some point in the proceedings. Come on, we're not talking about the most moral or ethical of businesses here. Everything is not black and white as many people seem to assume here.

I have known guys stiffed by girls and girls stiffed by guys. Shit happens so som nam na.

I just love the way some guys come and post here and elsewhere that ST is 1000 baht and LT is 1500 baht....as if there is some unwritten rule book for punters of the world.

And this belief that there was a verbal contract :D yeah good one.

The worst offenders in my opinion are those who know very little about the scene but want to pontificate to others their mistaken beliefs.

As for trying to arrange to meet the girl outside of the bar without paying the barfine, well the less said on that the better.

Cheers

farangman

The BF stiff. If the girls agrees to go without the BF so what? The girl needs to get her 6, 7 or whatever a month. If she's got it and she is willing to go with a customer after hours, so be it. I've paid BF lot's of times, and I have not paid BF's lot's of times. Generally, if I know the girl well, I'll skip the BF. I have had lots of girls also tell me they'll meet me after hours. I don't feel this is being cheap. Why not save money if you can. The bar is still getting 6 or 7 BF's out of her a month. "She may loose her job" Yeah, she may also get AIDS from her customer. What's the bigger danger.

As to the "we're cheap on this board" comment. Being willing to open a 2,100 bottle of Black is not a cheap move. What I don't like is being stiffed on the mixers. I was not cheap, the bar owner was cheap/greedy.

Archived