New alternative to UBC

whosyourdaddy

BBC, ABC asia(american) , NOW (English I beleive- many computer shows) , Z (action) Animal planet plus a sports and of course titties on fashion channels. (great for apec times)

NOW is Australian as far as I know, but yes they do have some pretty good computer shows with the lastest gadgets.

Yeah, thank UBC, for cancelling Fashion Channel and replacing it with their own attempt to produce a fashion channel. :(

Best regards,

Danish30

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found another one.

I think this info is about right. My thai is rusty

Samart Satelitte Cable company

All sky channels

All star channels

National geographic

Plus 200 other channels

Monthly fee : ZERO.

Sat. Dish. 30,000

installation 4600 or so (depends on location of dish)

Wire to tv: free

No considering it will cost you 15000 for UBC installation plus 1500 a month. This would pay for itself in a year and you get 20,000 channels.

I believe this is the one we have at work. Nobody can tell me since they dont see a bill, But will climb on the roof tomorrow and check the dish out.

I like it. But 36000+ will be expensive if it is not that great. The sat at work takes about 20 seconds to find some channels. Plus there will not be thai subtitles on it for the misses.

Yeah, but then you have to have a receiver and deal with the descrambling cat and mouse games right? For instance, I was under the impression station's like HBO are encrypted and change it periodically. And is the dish really big like 2 meter diameter or so? Could be a bit of a problem if so.

Samart Satelitte Cable company

All sky channels

All star channels

National geographic

Plus 200 other channels

Monthly fee : ZERO.

Samart must have cut a hell of a deal with the owners of all those channels and the satellites that transmit the signals to be able to provide them for free.

Actually I know someone who has the system but nearly everything is scrambled now and he ended up getting UBC satellite. I guess it would work if you stayed on top of descrambling.

Archived