Thailand: Teenage Briton faces death penalty

Says iwannagothere:

lets hope the tests show they are aspirin

Most probably not: "I'll plead guilty to save my life".

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/stories/Detail_LinkStory=72722.html

I'll plead guilty to save my life

A TEENAGER arrested in Thailand with a large haul of Ecstasy said today he would plead guilty to the charge to save his life.

Michael Connell, 19, from Bury, was arrested at Bangkok airport on Monday.

"I'm innocent but I have been told if I do not explain the whole story I will be found guilty and get the death sentence. So I am pleading guilty to save my life," he said after being remanded in custody to Khlomg Prem jail, known as the notorious Bangkok Hilton.

He said that before his trip he bought two tubs of body cream at a Tesco store in Bury. "Somehow when the tubs were opened by Customs the pills were inside. I do not know how they got there. The tubs did not look like the same ones I packed.

"Tell my mum and dad that I love them and not to worry about me, I'm more worried about them than they should be about me."

Michael, who had been receiving unemployment benefit, added: "This was my second trip to Thailand. I came here for the ladies. I came here in April for a week."

Shock

The former Darby High School pupil could face death by lethal injection if convicted of drug smuggling. His taxi driver father Derek, of Almond Avenue, Bury, is separated from Michael's mother Maureen and did not know his son was in Thailand.

"The last time I saw him was a week ago, he came round and wanted to borrow £5,'' he said.

"About two weeks ago he came to me and said he needed £350 because he was being thrown out of his flat.

"I said `I'll give you £200 but you'll have to get the rest off your mother'. It looks like he's used the money to go to Thailand instead.

"I will support him as much as I can but if he's done something to do with drugs I can't support him because it can kill people."

Maureen, of Massey Street, Bury, said: "It's a shock, I don't know what to think, all I can say is that he is a love."

Michael's aunt Jean Connell, 55, said: "He's a lovely lad. We will do all we can to help him but it is very frightening because it's the worst place possible. I don't believe he's done it."

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Con men....

here is allegedly another victim....

He said that before his trip he bought two tubs of body cream at a Tesco store in Bury. "Somehow when the tubs were opened by Customs the pills were inside. I do not know how they got there. The tubs did not look like the same ones I packed.

Says Peter1964:

He said that before his trip he bought two tubs of body cream at a Tesco store in Bury. "Somehow when the tubs were opened by Customs the pills were inside. I do not know how they got there. The tubs did not look like the same ones I packed... "

Must've been big "tubs of body cream" if someone managed to stuff 3,400 tabs of ecstasy inside the fuckers? Try it yourself at home, kids. :) I managed to get only 237 ecstasy tablets into the 80 gram Brylcreem "Extra Manly Hard Wax" :up: tub on my bathroom shelf before there was no room left in the jar and all the wax was all over my hands and the floor. :(

(And the tablets tasted like shit afterwards too. I couldn't give the bastards away, never mind get a few quid a throw for them down at Madhatters as usual. ::)

Anyway, if a grown man was caught with two tubs of "body cream" on him in a Stoke pub, he get taken outside and have his head caved in for being a poof. :o

(3,400 ecstasy pills would be no problem, like. :up:)

jack :help:

This guy from Bury is unemployed yet has manged to visit Thailand twice this year, where's the money coming from.

3,400 tablets just happened to find their way into two tubs of cream he bought at Tesco in between Bury and Bangkok, but he can't explain how.

He's as guilty as sin, so tough shit. :down:

wanker.

Doesn't sound like his Dad has got much of a soft spot for him either!

Let's see:

1) unemployed layabout. :cussing:

2) Second trip to Thailand in a year. (Where did he get the money if he's broke? :dunno:)

3) Borrows 350 quid from his parents with a lie. :nono:

4) "I came here for the ladies" :up: (his only redeeming factor so far! :grinyes:)

5) Probably decided to finance the rest of the trip (and no doubt start a "promising career as an English teacher" or something, here) with money earnt from the ecstacy. :cussing::banghead:

6) and of course, worst of all, he's a Manc. :cover:

Archived