Thailand: Teenage Briton faces death penalty

If I was his brief I'd tell him to look on the positive side of things and look at the forthcoming events as a learning experience.

Before long he'll be able to say, "Please no not again my arse still hurts from the last time." in Thai, Laos, Khmer and 3 other local dialects.

When he eventually returns home to the United Arab Emirates of Great Britain he'll be able to impress his mates down at the local Halal Thai Restaurant by ordering " A plate full of rotten fish heads with extra rat piss please" in fluent Thai.

Cheers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

He deserves punishment, maybe a year or so, not decades.

No, off with his head. We all remind each other from time to time to be respectful of Thai ways, culture and yes, of Thai law. This arsehole has shown no respect for Thailand or the laws of the country. Ignorance, should that be put forward, is no defense. Lying little manc waster.

I am pretty sure he would not have been forcing anyone to take his ecstasy
No, and probably not intending to sell any either. Presumably he will claim it was all for personal use.

If there is not supply, then demand will cease to exist. If ecstasy is so "safe" and non addictive, then there will be no problem.

The fact is that it is against the law. Every fool knows that, even this gormless kid.

So its, bye bye and tara for now !

And its goodbye from me and its goodbye to him !

Not replying to anyone in particular? but it?s damn hypocritical for this particular group of sanukers to enjoy thinking about a non-violent law-breaker getting strung up, sodomized or leathly injected.

The pursuits extolled by this board are illegal as well, and don?t think for a second the government and police could not dish out the same fate this sad sack is going to face, if they are motivated.

In my view, all non-violent crimes should be decriminalized. Until then (and it will be a cold day in hell, I realize) quite throwing bricks around your glass house.

I?m not defending the kid, he fucked up and will pay a terrible price; but the only person he hurt was himself.

Whoooa....OK boys Im not gonna put my two cents in re part of the Problems post, causue Im gonna have to moderate this one I think.

Everyone play nice now, ya hear....

Hi PoTP,

"The pursuits extolled by this board are illegal as well, and don?t think for a second the government and police could not dish out the same fate this sad sack is going to face, if they are motivated."

I think you're completely out of proportion!

elef

Says torrenova:

The world has gone to pot with the crazy liberal do gooders everywhere. Why can't we just bump off the shit that plagues society like in the good old days ?

Of course, you have to have a trial and they have a further control measure to re-check. And yes, there will be a few innocent ones who slip through the safety net and accidentally meet with the hangman's noose. Very sorry, wont happen again (well, not to him anyway !).

actually, during the "good old days" you were talking about drugs were legal. coca cola at the beginning contained a small measure of cocain, heroin was freely sold in pharmacies. britain has fought some wars against china so they could keep on selling the opium they have introduced into burma (the area which later was called 'the golden triangle'). not to get too political i will only slightly mention 'air america'...

and concerning the few innocents who "accidently meet with the hangman's noose"... i wonder what you would say if you were one of those...

Hi elef!

Well, it all depends a bit on how you see the matter. There are several research projects going on at this moment where scholars are trying to establish an hierarchy among different types of crimes. The idea is naturally to match crime to penalty.

Key issues in these studies (or at least the ones I've read) is 'harm'. The more harm, the more severe a crime.

Now the interesting part in these studies is that all drug related crimes score very low in a harm-dependant crime hierarchy.

If we look at the case at hand, moving extacy over borders inflict very little, if any, direct harm. Moreover, the magnitude of indirect harm is also very uncertain.

On the other hand, I can think up many scenarios in a punter-prostitute relation that could include inflicting direct or indirect harm. -- So, I would personally not say POFTP is completely out of proportion here. ;)

Archived