More board maintenance

khunsanuk

I'm also having some problems with the upgrade. No problem logging in, but for some reason when I go to the more visited areas like Nightlife or General discussion, it takes forever for the hourglass thing to go away. Acts like it can't find the bottom of the page? and there is a similar problem when I click on individual threads. :(

Maybe the same problem you mentioned? What was wrong with the old board SW anyway? New isn't always better you know.

ST

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says short-time:

What was wrong with the old board SW anyway? New isn't always better you know.

I am not sure, but I am under the impression that the old version ist still running (see bottom of the page, 6.1.1).

Hi guys,

if you read the whole thread you get the information. KS posted this.

elef

"Hi,

Well, as you likely already noticed, we've been down for several hours while Jigger was trying to upgrade the board to version 6.4

This usually is fairly straightforward, but this time there were some major complications and after 2 tries he was unable to do the upgrade. We are therefore still on 6.1.1.

This also means that we will likely go down again in the near future. Really sorry about all this.

Sanuk!"

managed to post a FR but a bit of a pain.

as i said earlier i couldn't cut & paste after writing in Hotmail,so i cut & pasted into Microsoft Works and then cut and paste onto the Forum.

a long way to go about things and really fiddly,and while it may be a Microsoft problem i have no worries anywhere else.

Hi,

Correct. We are still on 6.1.1.

As for why upgrade? Easy, the new version is MUCH nicer than this version (faster, more control for both users and admins, integrated calender, better polls, ignore user feature, etc. etc)

So, yes, "New isn't always better you know.", but it is in this case.

Sanuk!

This to everyone out there.

Nobody is more acutely aware of the problems at the moment than KS and Jigger.

And NO ONE is MORE anxious to solve them than these two gentlemen who provide ALL OF YOU with this FREE board.

So lets see a little more support for their efforts and a lot less whining about your having to wait an extra minute for something to happen. :nono::banghead:

The problems WILL get resolved, as they always have in the past.

And this board WILL be bigger and better and faster. :applause:

If you have REAL problems with logging in, or passwords, then email ks at sanuk@nanaplaza.com or send him a PM. Your problem will be fixed.

If it is too frustrating for you impatient types right now, go watch reruns of I Love Lucy and come back in a few days. Otherwise lets quit the petty gripping.

Now back to your regular programming.

Archived