More board maintenance

khunsanuk

Hi,

Got email from Jigger this morning saying that he plans some major construction this weekend.

In short what will happen is that the board will likely go down for a while (sorry, have neither a time nor duration on this). During this time Jigger will move the board over to a new server, and if all goes well upgrade the software to version 6.4.

What this means, besides the board being down, is that when we come back as 6.4, certain modifications will not be available for a few days until I have hacked them back in. The good part though is that the new version will have loads of cool new features (better polls, ignore user option, etc.)

I guess that this might be a good time as well to let you guys know that this is just the beginning. There are many more changes planned over the next month or 2, but I prefer to keep them secret for the time being :shhh:

What I will say is that I am VERY enthousiastic about them. :up:

Anyway, sorry for any inconvenience caused by the maintenance, but I think the results will be worth it.

Sanuk!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Well, as you likely already noticed, we've been down for several hours while Jigger was trying to upgrade the board to version 6.4

This usually is fairly straightforward, but this time there were some major complications and after 2 tries he was unable to do the upgrade. We are therefore still on 6.1.1. :(

This also means that we will likely go down again in the near future. Really sorry about all this.

Sanuk!

Says Old Hippie:

I can see a new stat now "most ignored user"
:)

You'll have to start a "poll" :grinyes:

It doesn't really "ignore" the poster it just replaces the post with " you are ignoring this poster". Which in time sould be more anoying than the poster's post...if you get what I mean.

Maybe I could get it to ignore myself, then I don't have to read the brilliant drivel I write like this one :banghead:

Hi,

"could you reset the board clock to Thai time again?"

Sound be okay now.

"The board is real fast now but if I want to post a mail it takes longer than the old board. Anybody else experienced this?"

Yeah, have noticed similar things. Certain pages appear very quickly, while others take quite long. No explanation :(

Sanuk!

Archived