More board maintenance

khunsanuk

So, the current running board is a little flakey. I'm left with

3 alternatives:

1- back up to the old version of the board software and

database. We lose all posts since last Sunday.

2- spend time trying to debug the current setup; this is made

difficult since the problems are intermittent and hard to reproduce.

3- forge ahead, re-do the upgarde to 6.4 this weekend,

then fix whatever problems show up.

I'm inclined toward option 3, if my wife and mia noi will cooperate by giving me time to "play" on the computer-

but I'm open to suggestions.

----jigger

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says jigger:

I'm inclined toward option 3, if my wife and mia noi will cooperate by giving me time to "play" on the computer-

but I'm open to suggestions.

Jigger,

You need suggestions ???? Send wifie and mia noi to me, and you 'play' on the 'puter.......

Good luck this weekend, and I will need something to keep me busy if the board is down.......

Cheers !

PS : and yes, I took 5 minutes to post this :)

Hi,

For those interestead in the new features, here's a short list :

* Reworked the entire poll system to the style of UBB.classic, this supports multiple questions within a single poll, options for users to vote for more than 1 option, start/stop time and a few other options.

* Added a calendar system that can be used for showing public/private events and birthdays.

* Added a new profile option for birthday along with a setting to have this displayed in the user's profile and in the calendar.

* Added a user display preference that allows them to choose what format they want their times displayed in.

* Added JoshPet's modification to only show a homepage icon on the member list to prevent long url's from stretching the tables.

* Added a column to display the user's avatars on the member list.

* Added an option to show the user's age when displaying birthdays.

* Added an option to show today's birthdays on the main forum listing.

* Modified the online table to store things a bit differently. This allows for showing the number of users viewing each forum on the main ubbthreads page without adding any extra queries.

* Added in an option when viewing a user's profile to ignore a user. Posts from ignored users will still be shown to preserve the flow of a conversation, however the body of ignored user's posts will be set to "You are ignoring this user."

* Added a birthday image next to the user's username on showflat/showthreaded when it is their birthday.

* Added a new option when creating a main topic that creates a calendar event for a specified day for that topic. Events will not be displayed on the calendar if the topic is in a forum that a user doesn't have read access to.

* Reworked the search engine. New options include searching only subjects or subjects and body. Searching for keywords by a particular user. Searching between a date range, older than a certain date, newer than a certain date. Showing a preview of the post body with the results. More complex searches using + (required word) and - (posts that don't contain a word).

* Added an option for users to choose if they want their signature attached to a post when creating it or editing it.

* Modified movepost/movethread so it returns you to the original forum instead of the forum you moved the post/thread to.

* Created a ubbt_setcookie function that all cookies are now set with. This gives a central location for any special cookie modifications.

* Made some changes so posts with polls in them can be edited. The poll itself is not editable, but any text within the post will be.

* Added a maintenance section into the "My Home" area. Added a link to the "My Cookies" utility and move the "Mark all Read" from the navigation bar into this section.

* Reworked the navigation menu. Added a welcome username line and made the nav links into 2 lines to prevent stretching on lower resolutions.

* Added new config options to designate the total # of views or replies for a hot topic.

* Added the name of the person who created the calendar event when viewing events for a particular day.

* Added a pagination routine for jumping around between pages within a forum. This is basically a change in the display to something like 1 2 3 4 ... 48 49 51.

* Added a new icon that designates a moved thread. (Thanks to Joshpet fot the image)

* Changed the red sticky icon to a yellow one to match the color of the stock icons. (Thanks to Joshpet for the image)

* Added a display length limit for the location field on showflat/showthreaded to keep people from scewing the display width. Thanks to JustDave for the fix.

Sanuk!

Wow, it seems we will not get a new release, it seems we will get a new product! This will put other boards into shame!

As we all know, release-changes are not trivial for either product, so, hopefully, everything will work out smoothly this weekend. I am really excited to see the new board! Thank you very much for the good work!!! :bow::beer:

Archived