Thailand bans U.S. beef imports

I'm an Aussie butcher, on about $55K AUD a year (30 or 40K US?) and can easily afford Aussie beef down here... I'd get

off the drugs if I were you. To call Austrtalia over expensive... in my experience, it's about the cheapest western country you can call home. And I've been around.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I stand by what I say. Australia is an overly expensive country. Just have an objective look at the cost of living (housing, cars, gasoline, meat, and so on), as well as the fact that it is one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world. Is it little wonder that so many Aussies are retiring to Thailand?

It used to be paradise, but not any more, believe me. And if you don't, ask yourself this, why is it that over a million Australian people are working abroad? Recently, the Sydney Morning Herald quoted it as the great Australian Diaspora.

By the way, on a recent trip to Costco: I bought a 21 inch surround sound sony trinitron TV for just under US$250 including delivery to my home! You guys have nothing like Costco because your government disallowed it because they are too price competetive.

I like Aussie people but I do find you guys too laid back. Why don't you get off your asses and do something about the heavy taxes, exorbitant cost of living, and lack of shopping freedom. Start lobbying your senators and form political action groups! Get angry and win back paradise!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Japanese beef is unbeatable

I find Kobe beef to be more or less just plain disgusting. (Yes, I have had the real thing, in Kobe no less, several times.)

Oh well, to each his own!

Amazing that there is someone who does not like Kobe beef. I lived in Kobe and that was one of the highlights.

Oh well, one cannot buta ni shinju LOL! As ya said to each their own. I know lot's of folks love Big Macs, but I do not see the attraction! But I have been known to be pinto-hazure :D

Cheers,

SD

Archived