Trade getting larger....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Can anyone imagine an area in the prime of your hometown allowing foreigners exclusive rights to party, copulate and parade with the native maidens? The punters would be lynched by the second day and the pleasure palaces razed on the third. That it has existed as is for 40 years is truly part of what makes Thailand amazing>>

During WW2 American servicemen dated English women in their 1000's and many married and went back to the states when the war ended. Local men I understand were not impressed (over payed, over sexed and over here was the saying!!)--I think they were much more affluent than British men during the austere war years back then and that appealed to local yokal English girls.

What is hypocritical is that farangs, if not outright welcome, are tolerated for the most part at venues catering to locals whereas locals are effectively banned from the farang scene.
This is simply not true. There are plenty of Thai venues, particularly upscale venues, where Farangs are not welcome. And there are also plenty of Japanese venues where neither Thais nor Farangs are welcome.

In NEP unfamiliar Thai males unaccompanied by Farangs are often viewed with suspicion, but I believe that is because other Thai locals suspect they could be uncover police officers. It is not unlike the situation in many major American cities - SF some time ago comes to mind (I am not familiar with the current environment) - where massage parlors were more and perhaps still are more receptive to Asian males than caucasion males simply because the massager parlor owners thought Asian males are less likely to be uncover police officers.

"Obviously on the same wavelength here."

Uncanny really. Thought for sure you were my long lost soul brother on this board, the other INTP, but it was not to be. Nevertheless, help me with some of these other guys.

P127: "...are you sure that japanese men who P4P are not labeled sex tourists too."

The Japanese, and this can be a blanket term covering all East Asians--and even Thais can mistake them as being Thais--are generally better mannered, more restrained and easier to disappear into the fabric of anonymity. Even their lone visible domain, Soi Thaniya, is isolated from the greater PatPong. Farangs, on the other hand, because of their appearance and more boisterous behavoir, stand apart as a pill on such fabric and thus easier to recognize and label.

OH: "Have you no idea what goes on in the "ethnic neighborhoods of SFO."

I really don't have much clue, other than a few imagined in-call joints, and this is exactly my point. I am by no means prudish or living in a glass bubble but it seems to occur behind closed doors and with discretion, though I have never visited or conducted stakeouts to witness the comings and goings. If it were anything more, even remotely approaching a fraction of the circus of merrymaking in the farang areas in LOS, and again in the most central of locations and not in the 'hoods, you can be certain the NIMBY forces would put an abrupt halt to it.

Gfly: "This is simply not true. There are plenty of...venues, where farangs are not welcome."

True enough, speaking in general terms, though, I believe farangs are more tolerated than the other way around. But here is where I confused the argument; when discussing foreign Asian sex tourists as contrasted to farangs I mistakenly made comparisons to the domestic scene as it is often rationalized here that the farang model is appropriate because the Thais practically invented prostitution. My point was that the farang concept is recent and highly unusual and will be forced to evolve into a more discreet, and thus acceptable, form (as curently practiced, for the most part, by both the domestic and foreign Asian markets).

"...OH: "Have you no idea what goes on in the "ethnic neighborhoods of SFO."

I really don't have much clue, other than a few imagined in-call joints, and this is exactly my point. I am by no means prudish or living in a glass bubble but it seems to occur behind closed doors and with discretion, though I have never visited or conducted stakeouts to witness the comings and goings. If it were anything more, even remotely approaching a fraction of the circus of merrymaking in the farang areas in LOS, and again in the most central of locations and not in the 'hoods, you can be certain the NIMBY forces would put an abrupt halt to it..."

I am talking about all the gambling halls in China town and the outer avenues (Russians and Chinese) all the Filipinio places for women and gambling, the Mexican places, any where you look in this city, like any city, you will see them flourish. Try hauling your local born ass in to one of those places!

"Try hauling your local born ass in to one of those places!"

Damn, now you've peaked my interest. Well, you know what they say, 'you never see what's in your own backyard' (I've never been to Alcatraz). I've got a few hours free this afternoon. Maybe I need a guide, except I fear it's like a lot of places; upon arrival you ask yourself, "Is this all there is."

During WW2 American servicemen dated English women in their 1000's and many married and went back to the states when the war ended. Local men I understand were not impressed (over payed, over sexed and over here was the saying!!)--I think they were much more affluent than British men during the austere war years back then and that appealed to local yokal English girls.

Many Allied servicemen from other countries also did the FFF routine with the English girls. Best-known example I can think of?

Eric Clapton was the offspring of a wartime liaison between, get this, a CANADIAN airman and an English lass. Take that, yanks!!! :D

Archived