US$ account

khunsanuk

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that you can depost checks drawn on a US bank in USD into a Thai bank account because a friend of mine has done so. However, it will take 6 - 8 weeks to clear and the the Thai bank may charge USD 40 or so. If the check were drawn on USD in a Thai bank it would presumably take less time to clear.

Khun Pad Thai

Hi,

"However, it will take 6 - 8 weeks to clear and the the Thai bank may charge USD 40 or so."

Bloody hell... that is not a valid option then.

Guess, I'm back to trying to get a US$ account. Just hope I can find one that doesn't require a deposit (or at least substantially less then $5,000).

And what is really fucked up about this is that this is all the fault of that fucking Patriot Act :(

Sanuk!

I have a US$ bank account, opened it at Bangkok Bank, Soi 8 Sukhumvit. $5000 is what you need to open it with, but that must come in by wire from overseas! You can take money out and deposit money into it after that at the branch, No ATM card!

You can withdraw in US$, or in Baht (at the days exchange rate)

JB

Hi,

Seems that my options are getting less and less :(

Basically what I need is a way to get my share of the income from the site from the US to Thailand. Now I can have Jigger set up a bank account there and give me the ATM card (we actually did this for a little while), but this is not something either of us is really comfortable with.

Would welcome suggestions.

Sanuk!

Sir :hug: ,

your question was if you can open an USD account and you received positive answer by Mr. Jimmi . Time to lock the thread now but there are complaints about what it costs to shift the funds from one Land Of The Free to the other Land Of The Free. There is no free of charge transfer and the most awkward one would be by cheque ( = piece of paper ).

Next best option would be wire transfer by SWIFT which takes 2 days and also costs. If there are smaller amounts due it will eat up too much from you HARD-EARNED INCOME.

My suggestion would be to let a travelling boardmember take it in cash for you . Preferably a Newbie with 2 posts hahaha.

BuBi

Archived