Affiliates

khunsanuk

What KS is asking for is a web based affiliate program, i.e. you sign up to promote a product, send web surfers thru a special trackable link and you earn a commission when that surfer makes a purchase. Many companies have this already sorted out and advertise their affiliate programs on their websites. Two examples are Amazon and R24 mentioned above.

It's my understanding that many companies nowadays are part of a large "click-broker", such as Doubleclick.com (?) and the likes. It would probably be a good idea to find out who the big actors are in this arena and what companies and services are available for promotion. There should be a few (or many) suitable solutions for this web site.

Other than that I think my R24 idea has been the best so far :) When do I get my 3-month membership to NP.com? :) :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation Straycat. And yes there are a couple of big sites who handle affilates (Commission Junction springs to mind). I did check them a while back as well, but the problem is that too few of their affiliate programs are of interest to the members here. Might check again one of these days though.

Sanuk!

Thanks for the explanation. Seeing that others do have good experiences with it, maybe it was related to the hotel.

KS, I've had a few bad experiences with Sawadee. I was given crap rooms when hotels were half empty and was told by reception it was because I had booked 'cheap' room. Complained to sawadee and they didn't really want to know me.

My overall impression of them is:

Apart from the odd special, they're not cheap at all so better to book direct and avoid hassles.

Very quick to respond when they want your money but once you've paid they tend to brush you off.

Just my two yen's worth.

The question was more general in nature and not specifically directed to you (just using the quick reply here). Also I gather that you talk about Sawasdee and Sawasdee only.

So far I've only seen one poster claiming the R24-Sawasdee connection...and he seemed a bit...uhmm...emotional ;) I feel too lazy to investigate the matter myself.

KS, don't know if priceline.com.hk meets the requirements but they do loads of traffic. Just noticed they have an affiliate program.

I've used them before and was satisfied with price and service.

Archived