Affiliates

khunsanuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I stay in the Ambassador all the time while in BKK and one of the few gripes with the hotel is that they will never confirm a double bed in a booking, it is always decided when you check in. Sometimes I have had to wait a day to get a double bed but they always try to change your room as quickly as possible. The same goes for a non smoking room.

I book thru 'wiredestinations' and have had only good experiences with them, they have always replied within 24 hrs. and they seem to be offering good rates.

I would also question the fact that they only feature expensive hotels, I wouldn't call the Ambassador expensive. This booking system is like most hotel sites, aimed at business travellers not people like us.......

Just my 2 pesos worth......I am in the Philippines now

Uniformguy

KS, the problem with commission junction could be twofold for this site

1) commission junction might not want this type of site and

2) the advertisers might not want this type of site

some of the advertisers are particular about content and they can decline your application to have an advert on the site.

I was going to suggest tradedoubler.com but from the FAQs

"4. I have my site abroad. Can I still use TradeDoubler?

To sign up to any TradeDoubler UK programs, you must have a UK bank account and UK address and a UK-based site. "

so might not be of use.

I will look around for any more I can find.

Hi,

"KS, the problem with commission junction could be twofold for this site"

Yep, that is one of the reasons why I haven't looked that hard at them.

I also intend to check if I can get accepted by AdSense (from Google). Last time they denied us because we had too many 'dead' links (they all went into the memberarea), but the new payment system should fix those.

As for tradedoubler.com, yes, sounds like that one won't do.

Thanks for checking anyway.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Added to the list to check. I do think they fucked up with their nice table showing how much one can earn though.

It says "On this example every referral sends a total of $200 during a certain period." Then the first line has 3 members, and the total amount spent is $6,000. Would have figured it would be $600 (3 x $200), which would make the commissions quite a bit lower.

Oh well.

Sanuk!

Archived