It fucking hurts

skirtlifter

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But monogamy is not so stressed in Thailand and the amount of relationships that breakup is huge. The problem with getting "divorce rates" is that a large number of marriages here are de-facto.

Goatscrot, I can see where you're coming from but at the same time I think you are being a little short sighted. Yes, there are many studies "proving" biological inevitabilities, but as humans have developed consciousness, there are many psychological factors that outweigh these urges. You are making the mistake of thinking that your small realm of experience is the whole world. If you sleep with girls that think all men will inevitably cheat and that they have the right to sleep with other men, well obviously it colours your world view.

Psychology and biology are so intertwined, and hence because of the wide and complex range of psychological "types" in the human world, you cannot blanket predict peoples behaviour or biological urges.

The example about sperm tripling if the male feels the women has been unfaithful - does it also apply to a guy who likes to watch other men fuck his woman?

Does a gorilla beat up one of his harem if he "feels" she has been monkeying around?

It can get complicated if you start to use biology as an excuse/predictor of human behaviour as the human animal really is more than the sum of its parts.

At least I would like to think so :)

Skirtlifter,

You don't tell us if you live together.

If it is the case and she goes out to "work" that's tough...

Unless this stops now, it's the end, for me just one ST would mean the end.

I passed the 2 year mark with a gf I found in a bar.

That was also the last time she saw a bar.

I brought her far away from the nightlife and she hates "work bar" altough if our relationships ends it might very be possible she goes back to find the "right" farang. They do exist, but how many are serious about a BG???

We come to LOS for P4P, not to find a life partner.

Josh_ingu gave good advice.

We have many recent problems wich I summarise: she wants marriage, a house, a car, a small business to run.

I came to Thailand to escape from materialism, she wants precisely all I don't want. Our future does not look good.

I did buy her a plot of land, we save money for that house, but it seems to take too much time for her, she wants it NOW.

Thalenoi

We were living together until recently.

I'm starting to realise that a large part of the blame is mine as I held out my heart for it to be torn to shreds. I only wish I was one of those macho types who find em, fuck em and them fuckin' forget them. What hope is there for trusting, kind and gentle folk?

You wrote-

"The example about sperm tripling if the male feels the women has been unfaithful - does it also apply to a guy who likes to watch other men fuck his woman? "

Yes, in fact this explains why this is exciting to lots of men.

Gorillas are really one of the least violent primates. Most violence occurs when silverbacks challenge each other.

One book I would suggest is Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence. The book takes many aspects of human behavior and sexuality and cross references it with primate behavior.

I agree with you that there is a major psyc component to sexuality. It is the old nature vs nurture argument that will nevr be settled. You state "there are many psychological factors that outweigh these urges" and I agree with you and that is where I think the source of some of the relationship trouble we experience as Westerners. When one tries to diverge to much from an intended path trouble arises.

Most of us are not with Westeren women because we shun their values and their ideas of what a realtionship should be. That is why we are here for fucks sake. Therefore I find it almost comical when guys do to attempt to break away from the Western model of relationship when they come to the East. Methinks the Asians have not forgotten role definition and biology........men and women BOTH have lovers but it does not break up the family as much as it does in the West. Here they realize that sex is not love and vice versa. Many Westerners cannot divorce the two, hence the man that falls for the bar girl six seconds after he sticks it in her......

GS

Goatscrot

I enjoyed your reply. I definitely think that there is a streak of romanticism in all aspects of western life, that tends to obscure the harsher realities of human interaction. We hide behind notions such as love and democracy and the work ethic.

I'm curious about your belief that it's acceptable here for women to have lovers despite being married. I've seen that idea here and on Stickman and I find it surprising.

Now you may have realms of anecdotal experience with the above, obviously it's a scenario that's easier to prove than disprove. I would have one argument as to question it's validity - you're working from such a small sample base, and it's a skewed one according to my theory:-

I think for the vast majority of us here, our understanding of Thai culture comes from the behaviour and attitudes we view when in relationships with Thai people, particularly with women. Sure you could ask a Thai person what do Thai people think about this etc... but they will more than likely pay lip service to 'proper' notions of behaviour. Anyway, generally as a foreigner in this country you become involved with women who WANT to meet a Farang. And despite some social advances - there is still a stigma attached to being involved with a Farang. So we have a girl who is prepared to break social convention. Now as any Jamaican beachbum can tell you, women removed from there usual social group tend to become more open sexually. When the girls are away they like to play. So in summary I'm saying that we as foreigners tend to meet the more uninhibited brand of Thai girl precisely because we are foreigners. The very fact that they become involved with us suggests an altered value system from the norm.

However, I concede that it comes down to who you believe sets the social norm. I know a lot of hi-so girls like to play around with young Farangs and I know a hell of a lot of poor country girls are involved with Farangs. It is the middle classes of Thailand who will remain the biggest enigma to the Westerner, because not many of us will have a chance to get inside their heads.

Cheers

"Here they realize that sex is not love and vice versa. Many Westerners cannot divorce the two, hence the man that falls for the bar girl six seconds after he sticks it in her......"

Well the problem here is that there is an illusion of mutual affection in the bar scene. It's does not appear as the cold, mechanical swap of cash for a service rendered as prostitution tends to be in the West. These girls kiss you and hug you and smile and look into your eyes. And you're right -the newbie starts to buy it cause it doesn't fit under 'prostitution' in his internal filing system. Man, you send a lonely, sexually inactive divorcee over to Nana for the first time and there's a good chance by the time he leaves the country he'll have a bargirl "girlfriend" who will "wait for him always".

That being said I prefer sex WITH love - in that I like to think the person I'm fucking needs me to be fucking them.

>Just not true!!! Some men are genetically programmed to spread the seed far and wide. But also some women are genetically programmed to be unfaithful. You make the mistake to apply Darwin's theory to individuals only and not to populations. A population of human beings has more chances to survive if there are different genes, in this case persons who are faithful and others who aren't.

Yeuch. No offense here Naiv, but I sure as f*ck hope you are better at physics than you are at genetics.

-j-

Archived