It fucking hurts

skirtlifter

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zenseless said:

>Bargirls get very good at mimicing the signs of genuine attraction <

Always wondered why that is. They seem to have a special ability that goes beyond something they simply learned in the bar.

it has something to do with the way the society here works in general.

it is somewhat of a cultural norm that the inner self is to be protected at all costs. that means that people have to get the ability to judge emotional standards by extremely subtle signs, and also have to learn how to protect themselves.

we do come from societies where it is important to be rather straight with all that (a thing which thais in general would judge as a bit of a imposition on others). thais naturally have to develop a very strong empathic intelligence.

we coming into that society here is often more a chain of misunderstandings than deliberate deceptions, more of a misconception during communication (and if someone wants to deliberately deveive than we with our straightforwardness are easy feed... :p).

often girls just deal the way with us they are used to deal with people all their lives from childhood on: many things have not really to be spoken about, people will know and understand by the subtle signs of non verbal communication. no need to diturb the superficial harmony.

another side effect of this way of communication and hiding emotions is that as with all humans there are times that cannot be hidden anymore. and then people often explode beyond everything, just because more emphasis is put on harmony than on discourse.

there is a lesson for us: we have to start adapting to that way of thinking, start to get some of those empathic abilities. saves a lot of trouble.

Insightful FlyW.

I would also add that once one gets through the silk&crystaline shell, on may find things much less to one's liking. If one does not want to get 'completely' involved, be wary of getting your bg to 'really' tell you the truth. She might just do it ......... and you may not enjoy her or your attraction to her anymore.

Be careful for what you ask ....... you may just get it.

Ranger said:

I agree with Conformist.

If this offends anybody i am sorry.

Ranger

Should we start a poll to guess Conformist's previous identity? :)

OK .... but don't make it easy. Give us at least two choices.

c'mon guys... i've conformed and am trying to be nice and agreeable.

I agree that the ladies have to pretend that they love us. They wouldnt get very far if they didnt no?

I also agree that if you see them a few times they start to like you. Its true save for in a few cases.

whats wrong with that?

flyonzewall said:

that means that people have to get the ability to judge emotional standards by extremely subtle signs

For me this is so true. I am always amazed at how gifted my GF is to pick up the signals on how people feel. It seems like nothing escapes her. It drives me nuts sometimes that she always seems to know what I am thinking about. :banghead:

Cheers!

Archived