Is the feel of the board changing?

khunsanuk

WYD,

This brings up a major discussion from two years ago I believe. Thai Visa (now) is not the same as before, if I remember correctly (not sure) but this group is not related to the former person that you are referring to.

Maybe someone else has the post to set the record straight.

Cheers!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you, the members, are the most important commodity on this message board I would love to hear what you think is happening

Hi KS,

I've been here for 1 year and a half only, but like to make a small comment anyhow.

I believe not only the board (or its 'feel') is changing, but everything is. Including all of us (to a certain extent) as well as our needs, our Thailand and its nightlife, the people, the cities, life etc. etc. I'd say allow the board to grow and change along with it, the way you've managed to do so well in the last months as long as you keep your (succesful) boardrules strict and intact.

Hi Khunsanuk,

thank you for this board. I liked it 2 years ago and I still like it very much. But I post and read less than in the beginning. Why? Because I know much more, not only about thailand but also about the posters. Why should I ask something if I know the answers allready?

I had from the beginning the impression that this board is some sort of a members club, ie. it is difficult for newbies to join. I think that newbies have to make an effort, but the barriers shouldn't be too high.

IMO, a board lives from newbies. I am mostly interested to meet interesting people on the net. Once I know the people of a board and their opinions I become bored fastly.

Something that I don't understand is that threads from newbies are killed fastly sometimes. For example someone is asking a question that was asked before 100 times. Then the veterans just give them a link and say that the new poster should read this thread first. Maybe the newbie will get all the info he needs there. But maybe the answers would be different this time because we all changed over time. And no thread will go exactly in the same direction, even when the initial question is the same. And if someone is bored to answer the same questions again and again then he can just abstain from the discussion.

I definitely think that it would be a good idea to have a newbie section.

Best regards

Hi khunsanuk,

just another thought. This board is so far the best I have found. Sometimes I believe that it would be a good idea to give my friends or collegues the address of this board. But the problem is that I wrote too much about myself here, ie. all my friends would recognize me immediately. Of course this is a problem which you can't solve.

But could you advertise this board bettter? I have no idea how this could be done, but I met fairly a lot of people who would have profited a lot of joining this board.

On the other side, I don't know if your goal is to increase the number of posters?

Best regards

I've only been on-board since 2001 and hence I've never been a participant during Delphi times. I agree however that the board has changed over the years, but I would maintain -- just like jjsushi mentioned in a post above -- that the advantages far outweighs the disadvantages.

Having that said, I'd say that there's a lot less room for entertainment and various sex stuff on the board now. While I am not primarly looking for this myself (with Cent's word I'm basically among the PC-morons-gofuckyourselfs :: ) I don't mind if this is having it's own vivid sections. One also has to appreciate that these two things (entertainment/sex) is the lure of many Thailand-visitors and, at least initially I believe, also to the board. To me it is quite apparant that the board is somewhat bland when it comes to dealing with entertainment. Apart from Nana parking lot and Gullivers there's very little mentioned. I find that somewhat sad considering the many options out there (pubs, restaurants, gentlemans clubs, regular clubs, MP:s, karaokes, speak-easy's and so on and on). -- Here, I think, some other boards are definately 'stealing' prospective regular board members.

>I believe not only the board (or its 'feel') is changing, but everything is. Including all of us (to a certain extent) as well as our needs, our Thailand and its nightlife, the people, the cities, life etc. etc. I'd say allow the board to grow and change along with it, the way you've managed to do so well in the last months as long as you keep your (succesful) boardrules strict and intact.<

That's how I feel Zaad....I lurked fior a long time before I started posting. Didn't quite know what to make of the board at first (teachers and sex-tourists seemed like a curious mix) but it has evolved into something quite special I think (sniff, sniff).....and getting to know a few board members has made it all the better...... :)

There was an interesting discussion a few years ago on this board titled, "Has this board lost some of its zest ?" or something like that. I first became a member of this board when it was on Delphi(different handle). Back then, it was a hardcore whoremongering board. I remember some of the discussions back then about Cambodia. One guy posted that he was interested in anal sex with a brothel girl and asked how to go about getting it. I'm not trying to be distasteful but am just trying to express the types of discussions that went on back then when the board was in the Delphi format. You won't see a discussion like that on this board today. I don't have an opinion on this type of discussion one way or the other but am just noting one of the differences between then and now. Discussions are definitely more politically correct then before. Also, a lot of the quality posters who posted regularly when this board was on Delphi have wandered off into the wilderness, so to speak, for a variety of reasons. Finally, the board has evolved from purely a whoremongering board to one that covers all aspects of Thailand and can appeal to many different types of people, not just sex tourists. I think a Newbie section where no flaming is allowed and a Pattaya and Phuket section would be good additions. One last thing. Back when this board was in the Delphi format, the nightlife in Thailand and SEA was a lot more fun than it is now. Like Stickman said, Thailand is changing rapidly.

As a long time lurker (and perhaps therefore a rather low form of life) it seems to me that everything on the board is as ok as it ever was, just evolving etc.

Perhaps there are always people who feel that something they like a lot is changing and becoming elusive, a bit like the 'good old days'

I dont really understand why this question of change is pressing Khun Sanuk now. Does he know people are leaving?

Archived