Is the feel of the board changing?

khunsanuk

> Irrespective of the quality of the posts, the Thaivisa

> forum gets much more traffic than here, in terms of

> number of visitors and number of posts.

Who needs traffic.. :) We need posts, not traffic.. I asked a question on both boards earlier, and this site at like 10 replies (all more or less on topic) and Thaivisa just 1. (Ok a useful one that effectively answered the question, but hey. :-)

Speaking of traffic, your site gets plenty of traffic, but few posts. :-Þ

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think separating the Nightlife section from the remainder is a *sensational* idea

-----------------------

Maybe i am missing something but i thought that NIGHTLIFE was a forum into itself already.

In what way would it be now separated from other topics?

Which, if it happens, would be a mistake.

As much as I have little need to find out about nightlife, and avoid any thread about prices, I think what makes the Thailand experience so special is that it's all mixed to awake our senses, the culture, the temples, the monks, the girls, falling in love, sex til' you drop, whatever. To separate this, if that's the idea, is refuting the wholeness of the experience, even if one has no inkling in staying up after 9pm, or visit a bar anymore.

What makes this board great is that many members apparently only interested where teir next fuck would come, are actually discussing topics of specific interest other than sex and where sex. To start separating the 2 is like labeling one sort of vacation or stay against another. Wrong, IMO.

Hi,

"Maybe i am missing something but i thought that NIGHTLIFE was a forum into itself already."

The suggestion is to make a seperate nightlife *category* and move all related forum into it.

This is what I have in mind:

General 
- General Discussion
- Relationships
- Meetings
- Polls
- Stories

Nightlife
- General Nightlife
- Newbies
- Trip Reports
- Regional Sanuk

Thai Life
unchanged

Goods & Services
unchanged

Miscellaneous
- Health
- Sports & Leisure
- Classifieds
- Board Bar

Board Bar
remove

Nanaplaza.Com
unchanged

Sanuk!

Stickman said:

Irrespective of the quality of the posts, the Thaivisa forum gets much more traffic than here, in terms of number of visitors and number of posts. That site is very popular indeed.

Stick

How much traffic was generated during the fake stamp scares though? At that time it was seen as one of a couple of places to go to get the up to date info.

Mind you, there were accusations that the site themselves were helping to fuel the hysteria and drive traffic up.

I dont think that we can really compare the two sites or indeed forums. Apples and Pears.

> What will be allowed in the "newbie" area ?

"Can you contract bird flu from getting a blow job? Even when usig a condom?"

"How do I recognize a ladyboy?"

"How do I say in Thai: "I really want to spend some time by myself now." without causing offense?"

"She lives all the way on soi 19, was an extra 500 baht enough for the taxi at nighttime?"

"How long is longtime? I think I got my money's worth because she spent like a full hour just taking a shower."

"What are good opening lines for hitting on girls in the Skytrain?"

etc. Should be a fun area. :-Þ

Hi,

"What will be allowed in the "newbie" area ?"

I think this would be mainly the place for newbies to ask general questions, i.e.:

- how does a barfine work?

- how much do I need to pay? (Hah, that'll be 50 posts a week :) )

- how do get a doubleheader?

Typical newbie stuff.

Oh, and of course I will be a bit stricter in defending new posters from some of the sarcastic replies given by established members.

Anyway, that is my view of what it would be. Open to others.

Sanuk!

Chanchao said:

> What will be allowed in the "newbie" area ?

[color:"red"] No one with an avatar [/color]

"Can you contract bird flu from getting a blow job? Even when usig a condom?" [color:"red"]Only if it's a feathered tickler [/color]

"How do I recognize a ladyboy?" [color:"red"] you can't[/color]

"How do I say in Thai: "I really want to spend some time by myself now." without causing offense?" [color:"red"] Mai mee satang [/color]

"She lives all the way on soi 19, was an extra 500 baht enough for the taxi at nighttime?" [color:"red"]no [/color]

"How long is longtime? I think I got my money's worth because she spent like a full hour just taking a shower." [color:"red"]at least she's clean [/color]

"What are good opening lines for hitting on girls in the Skytrain?" [color:"red"]mai mee satang [/color]

etc. Should be a fun area. :-Þ

Hope this helps

KS - in another forum that I visit (nothing to do with Thailand I might add) they have 'Sticky' threads.

These always appear at the top of the page and never move from there i.e they are stuck.

These are either the 'same-old, same-old' type of threads or threads that might attract an update in the near future and so saves starting from scratch.

Might be an idea for the newbie forum.

Archived