Quick reply

khunsanuk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS

OK, I am using that function now ........... the difference to using the regular 'reply' button ?

It does not have to load another page so it IS quicker. :up:

It does not have the graemlins available directly, but you can bring them up . ........ OK

It does not allow the 'quote' function or others such as 'bold' or 'color' etc. hmmmmmm..... guess it depends how much one uses these functions

For those on slow connections, I suspect it (quick reply) is a very handy feature, for the rest it has mixed values and certainly can add to the confusion and often frustration of replies, especially if the poster does not address the reply to anyone directly. As I done here.

For me it is not an issue either way but I lean towards removal for greater clarity.

Wow,

just used that QR link, outstanding.

I voted for keeping it even before I found out about the quick link.

IMHO it's a very handy itme, and you don't have to wait for a page to download.

Soongmaak, I hope our beloved co board members will wake up and be a bit more carefull how they use the buttons.

I agree it can be annoying tho, but I like the idea of not having to download a page.

"This function doesn't support your browser. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and fill in the Quick Reply box, or use the normal Reply function"

KS,

This is what I get when I use the Quick Reply LINK, must not have Java installed with this Opera browser. Maybe change the note now to something to remind posters to address the correct person or something like that ?

LaoHuLi, if you press the preview reply button then you will get all the formating buttons too.

Cheers!

<Just noticed that Quick Reply *can* show the correct person you are replying to. Rather than typing in the post directly, click on the 'Quick Reply' link next to the post you wish to reply to. This takes you to the QR form and you can enter your post.

If you then hit Continue, your post will be show as a reply to the poster who wrote the post where you click the 'Quick Reply' link.>

YIKES, KS, I thought that was understood by most everyone.

To restate it the LONG WAY: If you hit "quick reply" on a particular post (on the far right of a post -- opposite the poster's name) , the screen will ZOOM to the bottom of the page, with the cursor in the "reply" field. Enter your text, and the hit the relevant button below, "preview reply", (or whatever) and it WILL be addressed to THAT poster. Simply going to the bottom of the page WITHOUT hitting a SPECIFIC "quick reply" button on a GIVEN post, then entering text, etc etc...will result in the post being addressed to the most recent poster.

Oh, the only feature I'd like added to quick post is the ability to add it to favorites in the same step, so I don't have to wait for the page to reload and then hit the "Favorite Thread" toggle button. I might as well make a standard post, since it is the same number of steps.

Of course, if we could get the e-mail notification for messages specifically addressed to us "re-instated", and have it functional in the "quick reply", it would be "Nana Nervana" for me.

Gosh, I miss it so :(

Yeah the email notifications would be great! IMHO it's the biggest difference between the Delphi board and UBB... I always seem to lose my threads on UBB without email notification as I read the board only about once a week or so and forget what threads I was reading/replying to the previous week.

Cheers!

I didn't know the quick reply link makes that your message is addressed to the poster you're responding to. Now if people only start using it, the confusion may be a thing of the past. :up:

About the email notifications, that's also my biggest wish. Unfortunately, this functionality is not available since the upgrade. See also this thread.

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived