Quick reply

khunsanuk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who haven't read the thread in the suggestions department, here are my reasons I don't like the quick reply.

For me personally it is important to see who is responding to who, the quick reply function is a real hindrance in that respect. Some answers don't make any sense, because the context is lacking, while as in other situations some members seem to use the quick reply function to wind somebody up and then say that their reply is meant for another poster; rather lame IMO. I really love to see this hack dissapear.

Cheers,

soongmak

Hi Soongmak,

I agree with you. I received a few not-meant-for-you replies and it's annoying.

However, I'd like to keep this handy feature though.

I think the 'users' should pay a little bit more attention in order to avoid any confusion by addressing their reply to a particular poster (or nobody in particular). Otherwise the 'last poster' will obviously asume the reply is meant for him. :banghead:

Soongmak, Zaad:

Maybe easier to have KS modify the hack a bit:

See where it says above:

Quick Reply:

KS, could you add:

Quick Reply: (Note that this will reply to the last poster in the thread):

Or something like that. It will show up right above where the poster will be typing.

Cheers!

soongmak said:

....it is important to see who is responding to who, the quick reply function is a real hindrance in that respect. Some answers don't make any sense, because the context is lacking....

Spot on - I couldn't agree more. :grinyes:

In the bin with it. :down:

Archived