Privacy Issues

khunsanuk

My position remains that if you choose to reveal your board identity in "real" life you must be prepared to pay the consequences.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why you even bother to participate in this thread, because it has obviously nothing to do with you. You are so concerned with your own private life that you have chosen not to meet any members of this board/or reveal your board idenitity to real life people. Yet it is OK with you that details of other board members' private life are revealed on this board. Don't you see you are applying a double standard here?

Also tell me ThaiHome what is good about having to pay the consequences? Nobody likes it when shit happens to them, and why should we not take the effort to prevent that from happening in this place?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why you chosen to challenge every post I have made expressing my opinion in this thread in which KS asked for people opinions and thoughts?

I don't understand why you even bother to participate in this thread, because it has obviously nothing to do with you

I am a member of this board so I get to express an opinion (when asked) about what rules are being proposed or contemplated. Even if it does not affect me personally, due to choices I have made, it affects the content of the board.

You are so concerned with your own private life that you have chosen not to meet any members of this board/or reveal your board idenitity to real life people. Yet it is OK with you that details of other board members' private life are revealed on this board. Don't you see you are applying a double standard here?

I never said it was ok for personal details to be revealed. I did say that when it was done in the thread that set you off, it was not out of line (IMHO).

How could I be applying a double standard when I acknowledge if I had chosen to reveal my identity I would have to live with it, like other member do?

Also tell me ThaiHome what is good about having to pay the consequences? Nobody likes it when shit happens to them, and why should we not take the effort to prevent that from happening in this place?

Where I have I said it is good to have to pay the consequences? My point was no board rule is going to prevent the consequences from happening.

Since we have now strayed off the subject of thread I will not be responding to any further comments from you. :beer:

TH

>>>I wonder why you chosen to challenge every post I have made expressing my opinion in this thread in which KS asked for people opinions and thoughts?<<<

What are you talking about? I am simply responding to the posts you addressed to ME, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like me answering, maybe you should address someone else next time. :rolleyes:

>>>How could I be applying a double standard when I acknowledge if I had chosen to reveal my identity I would have to live with it, like other member do?<<<

The double standard lies in the fact that you will never reveal your identity and as such the "equal treatment" you are talking about is entirely hypothetical and therefore hardly relevant, now is it?

>>>Where I have I said it is good to have to pay the consequences? My point was no board rule is going to prevent the consequences from happening. <<<

Maybe not in real life, but on this board, yes. Let a mod push the delete button and it is prevented. Since the board is the only thing we can control, that is off course the scope to which this discussion is limited.

Cheers,

soongmak

It really doesn't matter what we say here. Some folks are going to observe a posters privacy and some aren't. Personally, I prefer to keep posts non-personal and informative.

I agree that a lot of posters like to remain anonymous. But then they should be careful about what they write. Especially if other board members out there actually know them and the also know the other side of the story.

I have to admit when somebody gets on the board and I know from personal experience they are only telling part of the story, the part that makes them look good, I really want to jump in and expose them. But, I guess it's best, for me anyway, to stay silent unless somebady else is being hurt or defamed by the post.

Some people speak from both ends. If one posting says this and another posting says the opposite, then we know both ends are being used to speak with (in this case, write with).

More time is spent on accusing each other or trying to improve one another's writing skills. This seems to apply to moderators and to posters.

I've enjoyed over the years knowing several of the board members. I find it fun that none know me to be "skibum". Some flame me and I enjoy laughing at their hypocrisy!

SB

Archived