Privacy Issues

khunsanuk

HIGH THAIED said:

To bring up a negative you happen to know about a poster in real life, and bring that into a post here, is going way over the line. It's basiclly flaming, IMO, and already incorporated in the present rules. You are attacking a poster directly, instead of his messege (you can attack the post, but not the poster himself).

Hi ht,

I agree. No need for new rules.

jmho :beer:

Khwai

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. No need for new rules.

I used to thought so as well, but not anymore. Both in Blackies' case and in my hypothetical example, the line between attacking the messager or his message is very thin. The information dispensed is relevant to the thread, on-topic, yet a breach of the person's privacy.

The fact that the posts that attacked Blackie did not get deleted, shows there is a need for extra guideline regarding members' privacy IMO.

Cheers,

soongmak

No sir. If I am those things than I am 100% accountable.

I do understand your point. I am not anymore 'known' than I was before; however, people may have a different opinion of me, my postings, whatever. It could impact how I would be received at a 'friday meeting' and change the way people relate to me, but that would be a double edged sword as you too would be looked at in a different light. A rat, snitch, someone who may not be well liked either.

The 'theft' thread was a little different as Blackie would not really explain his situation but would hit anyone who disagreed with a wise ass remark. The dichotomy of his responses and plea for pity eventually led to his character being called into question. I was under the impression that a board member signed up under a new name to secretly smear him and I spoke out about it. [i do not know if that is true or false, time will tell]. If that is the case that is wack. I don't really have a problem with the content of the message, just the way it was delivered.

If it is done openly well that's life, I deal with my shit everyday and I'm constantly finding new ways to fuck up.

Hi Big_Kahuna,

Sorry, I did not see any smiley faces, so could only take as a serious complaint. You asked a serious question, and I gave you a serious answer.

And I'm not being overly serious.....just explaining the process to you. It can get very grey for us. Allowing freedom, as opposed to restriction, and all the stuff in between. It's a constant battle for us. And your question was a good one. I also answered as best I could.

Equating an obscure b/g, to a member here, is not the same. Wanting to apply the same rules for both is just not reasonable.

HT

Archived