How do people feel about China Airlines?

Some people have told me they hate China Airlines but forget to qualify their remark. Myself, I have always had good service except for one trip. I choose a meal out of a list of about 5. The stewardess brought me trhe meal. After a period of time, she came up and asked me why I was not eating my meal, "Was there a problem?" I said "Yes, I do not know how to eat with chop sticks". Actually I do. Sometimes I am good at it and most of the time, I have no idea what I am doing. I asked her for silver ware. She told me I ordered the Japanese meal and that is why I got chopsticks. I asked once more for silverware and she replied back that she could give me another meal. She asked if I wanted one with beef, I said no. Then she asked me if I wanted ameal with pork. I said okay. When breakfast was ready to be served, I asked her which meals come with silver ware. I got a nice meal.

I am interested in finding out other people's opinions/feelings about this airline.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wouse, eat with chopsticks ! :: I usually have to ask for them. Practice picking up a dime from the bottom of a glass of water (in private please) and soon you will be able to pass shrimp puffs in mid-air :neener:

I have only flown with them a couple of times but found them fine.

The flight attendants for the most part on Asian Air Carriers are polite,friendly,beautiful and the service is far superior to any U.S. or European carrier on average.

I know that China Airlines safety record sucks, but I'll take my chances on any asian carrier :: before considering any western based carrier for long-haul flights :cussing: with exceptions.

I noticed that at least she followed up as to why you were not eating your meal. That alone to me displays her concern and gives her credibility that she is making an attempt to solve a problem, no matter how trivial it might seem :up:

I flew with them once, don't recall there being any issues that I had a problem with. I do remember that they gave me as many free noodle meals as I wanted, they were pretty tasty too. ::

However,I prefer EVA, only £460 return LHR-BKK, and great service (IMHO). Flew with them last year, and have got 2 more tickets for this year.

I can't seem to beat the price, and I can still get the availability that I need. ( No wasting a day or so of holiday in order to save a few ££s ) And I spend ages checking out flights/prices...

:devil::beer::devil:

Off course China airlines safety records sucks, they are one of the most dangerous airlines around. From what I have heard it has to do with too many pilots coming from a military background who are used to taking bigger chances than pilots who are only trained to fly commercial jets. There's also supposed to be a hierarchy problem, meaning that the pilots are not used to listening to crew members who are below them in status. All in all, every few years a big plane goes down taking the life of all aboard. But hey, anybody has to die anyway! :devil:

About service, I have flown with them a couple of times and I have always been pleased. The only drawback (besides the sucky safety record) is the kind of customers they attrack because of the low prices. A lot of them look like the kind of pattaya regulars one would like to avoid at any cost.

Cheers,

soongmak

They're ok. No real complaints. The only reason I avoid them is because of the lay-over in Taiwan. I hate that airport. But have still used them 3 times now, due to lowest rates, and availibility of seats. Another downside is getting into BKK at 1:00am.

I must say they keep the wine flowing even in economy. I only have a couple of glasses the whole trip, but get asked 20 times if I need more. And the food's not bad.

HT

They're pretty popular right now. Can't get a return flight back to Europe from Bkk till the end of March! Their customer services desk in Bkk is pretty crap though. Have been on a waiting list for the best part of a week and not once have they phoned back my travel agent here who has been phoning them every day, sometimes a couple of times. They say they'll phone back but don't.

I thought they were okay, on board. One gripe I had was that I asked the stewardess where the headphones were for the tv. She told me to wait as they were serving the meal first. Okay, no problem. So an hour or so goes by and you lose the will to live. Turns out they already had the headphones stuffed down the back of the seat in front but they neglect to tell you this. Lots of other Western passengers were also clueless until near the end of the flight.

United claims they can give me better service, lower price then China Airlines. From what I have seen, United gets bent out of shape if the suitcase is over 1 kilo in weight. I just a flight with United. One suitcase was 1 and 1/2 kilos over. They did not charge for extra weight because they could not remember which suitcase was over weighted! I was lucky. But with China Airlines, they have never complained about my suitcases being over sized, nor over weighted.

Archived