English teacher. Arrest. Drugs. Chiang Mai

carew66

Bhat_Man said:

Is there any particular reason that you sight the English in your example or am I just assuming far too much... please detect an element of sarcasm in this last sentence pleeeeeeeeease :cover::) but it does appear to be rather pointed! :beer:

No particlular reason, only the thread was about an Englishman. Could have been about any westerner. For a westerner, drinking beer is no crime. I would certainly sympatize with any guy locked up for drinking beer. Rabid saudi laws etc... Since prostitution is illegal in this country, I assume you spend your holidays visiting temples and weekend markets... And yes, that was saracsm.

Paillote

PS. Actually I am for execution by stoning. ...providing we follow the rule that those without sins throw the stones. Nuff said.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>I thought we were talking about drugs not beer <<<

and can you please tell us why alcohol is not a drug in your opinion. well, other than it being a legal drug.

Paillote said:, I assume you spend your holidays visiting temples and weekend markets... And yes, that was saracsm.

Good assumption how did you know.... and I thought I kept it such a close guarded secret. Shame the weekend markets in BKK are not like those all too familiar car boot sales at Redcar Racecourse though ;)

Paillote said:

PS. Actually I am for execution by stoning. ...providing we follow the rule that those without sins throw the stones. Nuff said.

I thought of becoming a mormon... I attended sunday school ..does that count so I can throw the stones :p:grinyes:

You also make a very good point which is in support of what I said earlier. You mention "rules" in the above quote and following them. Similar to law and abiding by it which this chap didnt.... Funny that isn't it :neener:

I feel sorry for anyone caught with drugs in Thailand. I think most of us have some sort of a moral code of the punishment fitting the crime and from what I have learned about thai jails, it does not look like justice for the crime of having drugs. I think many of us feel it is sad that people have to learn the hard way....if only they had known the laws.......and if they did known they laws,.... if only they had not been such a big dumb shit. I know I would not do drugs in Thailand! I still don't understand why Thai guys were selling marajuana over there on Walking Street on my trip to Pattaya. I would walk as fast as I could away from those guys!!! Throwing my life away and going to hell (Bangkok Hilton) just to smoke a joint does not make much sense :dunno:

Rug

Guest lazyphil

Its common knowledge having sex with overage prostitutes wont get you in hot water in LOS and drugs will--booze maybe no more or less harmful than crack cocaine or heroin (thats not the issue here) but its the way it is in LOS so little point wasting energy worrying about some chuckle fuck who gambled with drugs in LOS. And as for visiting falang cons in Bang Kwang, well why not go visit a orphanage for Thai kids or similar?

lazyphil said:

little point wasting energy worrying about some chuckle fuck who gambled with drugs in LOS.

e

"Chuckle Fuck" what a wonderfully desciptive word. I wonder if this fella is sat in prison thinking "Why did you do it you daft chuckle fuck".

LPhil... you always bring a smile to me face ..r u down the REC tonight :beer:

and can you please tell us why alcohol is not a drug in your opinion. well, other than it being a legal drug.

Not directed at you Fly, but I'd really like to take the opportunity to speak out on this issue. So if you'll let me take the podium please...

Thank you.

[color:"blue"]Hello Chiang Mai!!!!!

:applause: :applause:

Are you ready to rock n roll???!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Woohoooo!!!!! It's great to be back in Taiwan again!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause::applause: :applause:

Listen up Hong Kong, alcohol is a drug, people!!!!.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

It is legal in most countries,

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

yet illegal in some.

:down: :down: :down:

:down: :down:

But not in Thailand, yet!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Depending upon the hour yet to be decided.

:down::applause::down::applause::down::applause:

I'm sure you've all heard the addage that 'guns don't kill people, people kill people.

:down: :down: :down: :down:

But, I can tell you as an American...

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

that that's not true!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Rock kills scissors, scissors kills paper, paper kills rock!!!

:applause::applause: :applause: :applause::rolleyes:

And alcohol is not to blame for anything!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Of course, Ray Davies wrote a little ditty 'bout the demon alcohol, if you care to hear it....

:: :down::sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

----------------------------------------

[/color]Well thanks for the floor anyway.

Archived