English teacher. Arrest. Drugs. Chiang Mai

carew66

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<r u down the REC tonight :beer:>>

Yep, meet you at 7:30 hours and bring a jumper for a goal post will you--we'll grab a bag of chips and go for a burn around on our Grifters :D

lazyphil said:

Its common knowledge having sex with overage prostitutes wont get you in hot water in LOS and drugs will--booze maybe no more or less harmful than crack cocaine or heroin (thats not the issue here) but its the way it is in LOS so little point wasting energy worrying about some chuckle fuck who gambled with drugs in LOS. And as for visiting falang cons in Bang Kwang, well why not go visit a orphanage for Thai kids or similar?

LP :bow:

It pains me that human beings can be so lacking in compassion for their fellow man. The poor man is in some hell hole ( presumably), for a few ecstasy tablets. Why should one feel that he deserves it.

I think the sort of people who crow and are jubilant that some otherwise decent person is languishing in prison, have the same mindset as people who willingly signed up for Nazi extermination commando squads.

A country can be judged according to how they treat their prisoners ( Winston Churchill).

We shouldnt gloat about our fellow humans experiencing such out of proportion rough justice.

STH

thats right, those nasty Brits didnt see anything wrong with the blacks having equal rights and those poor poor boers were left with no other option than to start a war.

Beside it wasnt Churchill it was dostoevsky as well STH knows.

It pains me that human beings can be so lacking in compassion for their fellow man. The poor man is in some hell hole ( presumably), for a few ecstasy tablets. Why should one feel that he deserves it.

I think the sort of people who crow and are jubilant that some otherwise decent person is languishing in prison, have the same mindset as people who willingly signed up for Nazi extermination commando squads.

A country can be judged according to how they treat their prisoners ( Winston Churchill).

We shouldnt gloat about our fellow humans experiencing such out of proportion rough justice.

Agree 100%. It is really sad. ::

I don't personally don't know any of the posters in this thread, but based on past experience I always suspect there is more than a bit of hypocrisy in this sort of gloating. Those who live in glasses houses shouldn't throw stones, and on this board, we all live in glass houses.

P.S. It doesn't matter if Dostoevsky or Churchill said this -- the point is still well made.

Archived