English teacher. Arrest. Drugs. Chiang Mai

carew66

Bhat_Man said:

Churchill...wan't he the twat that dreamed up the Gallipoli landings which saw the deaths of thousand of British and ANZAC troops. I would take some of Churchills quotes, strategies and theories and banish them to the dustbin of history. :: :p

Was churchill around during WWI? I always thought it was WWII.

Then again, I'm from drug infested Australia, what would I know?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Churchill was indeed around during wwone. He was also in South Africa during the Boer War. After wwone he went into self imposed exile suffering from the "black dog" of depression and wasn't active politically for a while.

There was a movie out about him called Young Churchill with Simon someone or other. I thought it was a comedy as I'd seen Young Frankenstein. Unfortunately it wasn't.

>>>I doubt anyone here really wishes bad things to happen to this guy<<

It sounded alot like some were gloating. The posts that dismiss lawbreakers as nothing more than stupid shows a very simple one dimensional view of the world, one where the laws are on their side. As to those posts that drone on and say "They deserve whatever punishment they get for not doing what they're told blah blah blah", they almost put me to sleep. Why should thousands of thais be killed instantly because of allegeddrugs?

There are times when laws need to be broken (no i'm not advocating breaking the druglaws, I wouldn't). Sometimes people have good reasons for breaking the law. If Thaksin decrees "No more access to the internet", do we listen or say fuck off.

The issue is not gloating or stupidity. It's about denial and responsibility. It is simple. If you break the law, then expect concequences. Don't whinge about it. Don't say "the law is stupid." Don't say "I did it before, why am I in trouble now?" Even a 5 year old is smart enough to understand the concept of the cause-effect relationships.

If the hypothetical internet ban came into effect, one would just have to make the decision that surfing the net was more valuable to oneself than any punishment that may come about. But if you get caught, you will pay the price. Don't whinge. What else can you do, other than lobby for a law change.

You cannot bring the murdered victims of the drug war into this because that was extra-judicial, by definition against the law. The law should apply equally to all, but the GW Bush regime has set very dangerous precidents worldwide and international law is now not respected. Those responsible should do their time. But the Thai public, who has the power to enforce it, does not seem to give a shit, and the world has greater things to worry about, so it will never happen :(.

Regards,

SD

>>>You cannot bring the murdered victims of the drug war into this because that was extra-judicial, by definition against the law. <<<

jeezas, man! now you in trouble!

that is defamation! very illwilled gossipping and rumour mongering! harming the image of thailand!

our esteemed and beloved PM has said that there was no extrajudical killings - it was only intergang killings. ;)

Wouldn't be the first time (nor the last) that my mouth & opinions have got me into trouble :p...

"our esteemed and beloved PM"

I saw that a couple of days ago in a press release. It seems Khun Tak has a new role model: Kim Chong-il :rolleyes:! I wonder if he will hire a really bad hair stylist and start wearing 1970's style sunglasses, too?

Regards,

SD

>>>I wonder if he will hire a really bad hair stylist and start wearing 1970's style sunglasses, too? <<<

that will pass.

at his speach on children's day he made it known that he wants to be seen as and called "lung thaksin" by all of thailand's children. ;)

Archived